The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gloucester fan banned for throwing a drink over Elliott Daly.

+5
Bathman_in_London
offload
Bristolian
formerly known as Sam
Hound of Harrow
9 posters

Go down

Gloucester fan banned for throwing a drink over Elliott Daly. Empty Gloucester fan banned for throwing a drink over Elliott Daly.

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:13 pm

I've just read in the Evening Standard that a Glaws fan has been banned for the rest of the season for throwing a drink over Daly after he slid over the deadball line during Saturday's game.

Fair play to Glaws, as no player should have that happen. The supporter in question has promised to write letters of apology to both Wasps and Daly.

Did anyone see the incident? It wasn't mentioned during the AP highlights programme, or in the three match reports
I read.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Gloucester fan banned for throwing a drink over Elliott Daly. Empty Re: Gloucester fan banned for throwing a drink over Elliott Daly.

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 06 Nov 2013, 6:35 pm

I remember a couple of year back Scott Hamilton scored at WR ans got covered in beer hugging some rather bouncy supporters. One of them did offer him their drink, which he downed before running back to half way.

Seems a stupid drunken act from the Glaws supporter which he now regrets. I doubt Daly will have noticed let alone cared but that is the correct reaction from Gloucester Rugby.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Gloucester fan banned for throwing a drink over Elliott Daly. Empty Re: Gloucester fan banned for throwing a drink over Elliott Daly.

Post by Hound of Harrow Wed 06 Nov 2013, 7:02 pm

Yeah Sam, just a one off I guess. Sure, the Shed can give out some stick, but it's usually just banter.
Smile

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Bristolian Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:25 pm

Only thing about this story that surprises me is that the fan in question has offered to write a letter of apology to player and club. I'd have thought needing opposable thumbs in order to write would rule out most Glaws fans Wink 

Or perhaps he's one of those 'Cotswold Set' types who's moved from London and pops along to Castle Grim once in a while to put on an accent and feel like he's part of the community....

Last edited by Bristolian on Wed 06 Nov 2013, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : "though" t. Apparently most Bristol fans too....)

Bristolian

Back to top Go down

Post by offload Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:34 am

Can't have been a real fan - I've never seen anyone from Gloucester waste a drop.......Ale 
offload
offload

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 07 Nov 2013, 9:54 am

He's not amongst the hardcore if he's done it by the deadball line, as the Shed runs along the touchline doesn't it? Good to see a correct reaction though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bathman_in_London Thu 07 Nov 2013, 10:07 am

Good response from the club and as nobody seemed to notice it, well done to Daly for not reacting at all.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Gloucester-fan-threw-drink-London-Wasps-player/story-20038187-detail/story.html#axzz2jx7DalgB

Not the best pic but there it is.

Bathman_in_London

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:02 pm

Here's a video of it http://telly.com/1DAV1AP

I'm pleased how quickly the club dealt with this matter, albeit I feel a longer ban would have been more appropriate. It is questionnable whether the "fan" should have been drinking alcohol in the first place as he doesn't look like he's been out of nappies long. Not a great advert for the club, but the way it has roundly been condemned is.
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Thu 07 Nov 2013, 12:05 pm

what a muppet.

i would ban hoodies too.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Thu 07 Nov 2013, 5:51 pm

HongKongCherry wrote:Here's a video of it http://telly.com/1DAV1AP

I'm pleased how quickly the club dealt with this matter, albeit I feel a longer ban would have been more appropriate.  It is questionnable whether the "fan" should have been drinking alcohol in the first place as he doesn't look like he's been out of nappies long.  Not a great advert for the club, but the way it has roundly been condemned is.
HKC - the incident only reflects on the individual, not Gloucester RFC, who responded appropriately.

thumbsup

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by butterfingers Thu 07 Nov 2013, 6:05 pm

I just ... picard 

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 07 Nov 2013, 8:05 pm

Agreed Quinsforever and baseball caps as well.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by HongKongCherry Thu 07 Nov 2013, 8:26 pm

Cheers Hound OK
HongKongCherry
HongKongCherry

Back to top Go down

Post by TrailApe Tue 12 Nov 2013, 11:47 am

baseball caps as well.
Leave baseball caps alone!

I'm a NorthStander at Kingston Park and need something to keep the rain/sleet/snow from clogging up my specs!!

TrailApe
TrailApe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down