The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

+24
wadey101
Barney92
Hibbz
Skyforger
Breadvan
TM Moot
Thomond
Take it to the house
RDuncan8
adams_legend
Number-25
skins4ever
Bull
twelve283
Lowlandbrit
NYJ
sodhat
Pr4wn
mikeygnfl
BamBam
CFCNick
crazy_dave23
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
28 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 11 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 3 Nov - 19:36

First topic message reminder :

I still dream of Sudfeld and Gronk over the middle Dave Sad 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 11 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by GSC Tue 3 Dec - 22:45

Mariotas still holding out hope to be reunited with Chip Whistle
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 11 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 3 Dec - 22:52

If I'm Bridgewater, I'm praying Houston loses here on out. Imagine walking into Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins, Owen Daniels, Arian Foster as some of your skill position players, behind a decent o-line and with a defence that can be very good...

Maybe that's why Mariota didn't declare, couldn't face potentially going to Cleveland Very Happy 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 3 Dec - 23:00

Why wouldn't the Texans solve all their problems at once and take Teddy?

I'd even suggest that the Rams do the same and trade Bradford.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 3 Dec - 23:06

The Rams might get the #1 pick from Washington yet NYJ!!!

Washington must be gutted to not have that, Sammy Watkins sitting right lovely as RG3's WR for the next 5-10 years...
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Tue 3 Dec - 23:12

Olly wrote:The Rams might get the #1 pick from Washington yet NYJ!!!

Washington must be gutted to not have that, Sammy Watkins sitting right lovely as RG3's WR for the next 5-10 years...
That's what I'm saying. If they get the number 1 pick, take Teddy and trade Bradford.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 3 Dec - 23:39

NYJ wrote:

That's what I'm saying. If they get the number 1 pick, take Teddy and trade Bradford.
Ah yeah misinterpreted what you were saying! They should get shot of Bradford anyway, especially considering what they're paying him Erm 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Wed 4 Dec - 1:30

Olly wrote:Maybe that's why Mariota didn't declare, couldn't face potentially going to Cleveland Very Happy 
The Browns have plenty of talent on their roster and two 1st round picks. They are competitive in most games and could be next seasons Kansas City Chiefs.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 4 Dec - 7:09

The one team sitting pretty atop the draft at least is Atlanta. Free to take whatever pass rusher falls to them with Matt Ryan on deck
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 4 Dec - 7:10

Yeah but the last time the Browns had 2 1st rounders they picked Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 4 Dec - 8:52

Atlanta definitely needs a pass rusher but they could also do with at least three new offensive linemen, linebackers and a tight end.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 4 Dec - 9:09

I'd say Houston are sitting prettiest at the minute. Many many less holes to fill on that roster than Atlanta's.

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 4 Dec - 14:01

Atlanta has a franchise QB. Houston doesn't
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 4 Dec - 14:03

Part of me wonders whether Atlanta will take this chance to move to a 3-4
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Wed 4 Dec - 14:56

They already use a lot of hybrid packages. Methinks that Anthony Barr would make so much sense for Atlanta. Perfect hybrid pass rusher.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Wed 4 Dec - 20:54

I think it's all but certain that the Rams will get the number 1 pick. The Redskins certainly aren't going to win anymore games this season. The only question is whether or not Houston can. I think they will cos the embarrassment and indignity of having to hand over the number 1 pick is exactly the sort of thing that happens to the Redskins. Trust me. This one is written in the stars.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Thu 5 Dec - 13:43

So who's staying up for some Thursday Night Football with me tonight....
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Thu 5 Dec - 13:59

Teams with the same records are split on schedule difficulty, with easiest going first

The only difference in the Jags and Texans schedule is the Jags play the Bills and Browns and the Texans the Patriots and Ravens. So in effect Jacksonville has the tie breaker for the 1st pick.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Fri 6 Dec - 2:09

Just found this article on ESPN detailing how the Jaguars can still make the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/blog/jacksonville-jaguars/post/_/id/2660/how-the-jaguars-make-the-playoffs
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 6 Dec - 9:03

Might as well start selling the Bridgewater jerseys in Houston.

Question is who replaces Kubiak.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by sodhat Fri 6 Dec - 9:06

Imagine if Houston took Clowney though. That would be a terrifying pass rush.

sodhat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 6 Dec - 9:21

I'd prefer Barr in a 3-4 tbh

Regardless Houstons inability to take the next step is tied to average or worse QB play
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 6 Dec - 9:36

Was reading an article about Clowney and Barr, and the writer was comparing them to Marcel Dareus and Von Miller.

At the time of the draft, Dareus was seen as a slightly better pick, but the Broncos took Miller in a bit of a surprise pick as they definitely needed a defensive linemen.

Dareus has been good, but Miller is just such a gamechanger, and I think they were saying that Clowney will be Dareus in this situation, but Barr could be a Miller type of player.

Watt at 3-4 end with Barr behind him would be slightly scary, but I agree they have to go Bridgewater if they get the first pick (still reckon its going to the Rams!)

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Barney92 Fri 6 Dec - 10:33

So if it is the Rams do you think they'll trade down or take Clowney/Barr? Either of them with Chris Long and Robert Quinn would be fun to watch.

Barney92

Back to top Go down

Post by NYJ Fri 6 Dec - 11:16

Rams should take Bridgewater. What they will do is trade down and draft OL.
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Fri 6 Dec - 11:58

BamBam wrote:(still reckon its going to the Rams!)
Who exactly do you expect the Texans to beat out of the Colts, Broncos and Titans?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by wadey101 Fri 6 Dec - 12:05

It's not impossible to see them beating the Titans or Colts. It's not like they are getting beaten easily every week, they have lost 8 games by 7 points or less. Even though they have the worst record, I don't think they are in the bottom 5 teams in the league, they're just not getting the wins their roster should.

wadey101

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 6 Dec - 13:35

The Texans have been very poorly coached this year, they also really lack depth. Obviously the Schaub situation didn't help.

I can see them beating the Titans (who are 0-4 in the division this year...), and I wouldn't write them off against Indy who they ran close a few weeks back
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 6 Dec - 13:36

When you lose 11 games in a row, you're one of the worst in the league.

Lets not forget the Redskins play the Falcons, Cowboys and Giants
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by MC6CW Fri 6 Dec - 14:10

A new coach and a new QB would help breathe new excitement into the Texans for sure. So let's assume Bridgewater goes there. Does someone like a Norv Turner get another go at being a head coach?

MC6CW

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 6 Dec - 14:18

Only if the Texans are stupid!

Not sure who the big names are for HC jobs next year, last year I remember a fair amount of chat about Chip Kelly, not sure if there are any college coaches with the same kind of hype this year

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by MC6CW Fri 6 Dec - 14:23

Lovie Smith... Mike Zimmer (Bengals DC)... and of course Jon Gruden talk comes up every year, lol... Cowher would be a great hire anywhere but it seems he's done with coaching...

MC6CW

Back to top Go down

Post by BamBam Fri 6 Dec - 14:58

Zimmer is a strange one, gets interviewed for HC near enough every year but never gets the job.

He hasn't got the history of failure on his record, always puts out a good defence in Cincinnati so not sure why he doesn't get a go.

Maybe he just comes across as a real douche in interviews

BamBam

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 6 Dec - 14:58

I'll give you a name for the Houston job..... Kyle Shanahan.

He's already had tremendous success with their offense and will still be highly thought of in Houston. If this had been last year, I'd have said he was a lock for that job. His stock will have dropped a bit this year as a by-product of all that has been bad with the Redskins. People shouldn't forget though that at the end of last season all the "experts" couldn't stop gushing about what a great job Kyle had done. He'd probably jump at the job too cos it would get him away from the RG3 circus that is becoming more poisonous by the week.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 6 Dec - 16:14

Shanahan will be tarred by association with Kubiak.

Jay Gruden would be someone I'd expect Houston to target. Be surprised if they didn't grab an offensive guy
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Fri 6 Dec - 17:06

Yeah it's gone so badly wrong this year in Houston that Shanahan might be deemed to close to Kubiak.

I'd be surprised if they didn't go for an offensive guy too.

Don't rule Shanahan out but it's certainly a longer shot now than it would have been last year.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 6 Dec - 17:18

Kubiak has been fired.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 6 Dec - 17:50

Not surprising. Thought it'd come a few weeks ago. Obvious he isn't righting that ship
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 6 Dec - 18:37

Texans need to be careful though. Players tend to play up for an interim HC, in hopes of keeping the status quo, rather than a new coach leading to new schemes etc. look at Romeo Crennel and Jason Garrett.

I don't see the point in either Shanahan. Mikes at best a better version of Kubiak and I wouldn't want Daddy's boy within a 100 yards of my teams HC office
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Fri 6 Dec - 18:44

We all know that Wade Phillips can't be a HC. I think we'll see a new era in Houston and I doubt very much that a Shanahan will be anywhere near it. If they end up with the number one pick, I reckon it could tempt Jon Gruden back...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 6 Dec - 18:49

I'd be surprised if its a retread like Gruden.

Young and having a history as a QB tutor are probably the 2 biggest things for the Texans

You say that about Wade but Crennel got a 2nd chance
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Fri 6 Dec - 21:31

Pretty sure Wade has said he isn't interested in being a HC again?

Early rumours on twitter about McDaniels. Wouldn't be too fussed if they got him, not a fan really

Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 8 Dec - 15:17

Munchak coaching for his job in Tennessee who aren't going to pick up the extension option in Locker's contract and will cut CJ2K at the end of the year.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Sun 8 Dec - 15:33

Olly wrote:Pretty sure Wade has said he isn't interested in being a HC again?

Early rumours on twitter about McDaniels. Wouldn't be too fussed if they got him, not a fan really

Apparently they are interested in Jay Cutler.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 8 Dec - 15:42

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10101919/mike-shanahan-was-ready-quit-washington-redskins-2012-season

It's getting harder and harder to see him returning
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 8 Dec - 15:43

Cutler won't walk away from the Bears. Improving OL, great weapons. He'll probably take a below market deal to stay
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 8 Dec - 15:46

Fairly obvious about Tennessee. CJ has been paid too much for too little. Lockers hasn't been good when he's been on the field and Munchak hasn't taken the team anywhere. Britt walking as well
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 8 Dec - 16:57

Snow games everywhere in the early kick offs! Love it!!!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 8 Dec - 18:06

I knew it was snowy, but god... I should have lowered my score projections this week!

Detroit simply shouldn't be allowed to play in White... its unfair for them!

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by adams_legend Sun 8 Dec - 18:12

The games with the heavy snow is going to be about the run, could mess up a lot of fantasy scores

adams_legend

Back to top Go down

Post by crazy_dave23 Sun 8 Dec - 19:13

I love snow games

crazy_dave23

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next