The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

+24
wadey101
Barney92
Hibbz
Skyforger
Breadvan
TM Moot
Thomond
Take it to the house
RDuncan8
adams_legend
Number-25
skins4ever
Bull
twelve283
Lowlandbrit
NYJ
sodhat
Pr4wn
mikeygnfl
BamBam
CFCNick
crazy_dave23
GSC
Good Golly I'm Olly
28 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 18 Empty Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 03 Nov 2013, 7:36 pm

First topic message reminder :

I still dream of Sudfeld and Gronk over the middle Dave Sad 
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 18 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by NYJ Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:46 am

Sorry guys but this is just too good.

NYJ wrote:The Chargers are competitive in every game and will make the playoffs IMO.

RDuncan8 wrote:Can't see them making the playoffs. Need to beat Raiders and Chiefs and hope Miami and Baltimore go 1-2. Too much to ask I reckon.

NYJ wrote:
2-0 isn't implausible considering the Raiders aren't very good and they have beaten the Chiefs already this season.

Ravens face difficult trips to Detroit and Cincinnati plus the Pats at home (1-2 at best). Dolphins play the Pats, Bills and Jets (1-2).

9 games gets you the 6th seed in the AFC.

RDuncan8 wrote:Woah, so who out of the Bills and Jets are beating the Dolphins?

NYJ wrote:Both can beat the Dolphins on their day. Phins ain't all that.

RDuncan8 wrote:
NYJ wrote:

The Chargers are competitive in every game and will make the playoffs IMO.

.... Doh 

Smile 
NYJ
NYJ

Back to top Go down

Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV - Page 18 Empty Re: Ongoing NFL Discussion Thread IV

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:47 am

AFC Wildcards:

Chargers @ Bengals
Chiefs @ Colts

NFC Wildcards:

49ers @ Packers - how tasty is that!!!
Saints @ Eagles/Dallas
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:48 am

NYJ wrote:Sorry guys but this is just too good.

NYJ wrote:The Chargers are competitive in every game and will make the playoffs IMO.

RDuncan8 wrote:Can't see them making the playoffs. Need to beat Raiders and Chiefs and hope Miami and Baltimore go 1-2. Too much to ask I reckon.

NYJ wrote:
2-0 isn't implausible considering the Raiders aren't very good and they have beaten the Chiefs already this season.

Ravens face difficult trips to Detroit and Cincinnati plus the Pats at home (1-2 at best). Dolphins play the Pats, Bills and Jets (1-2).

9 games gets you the 6th seed in the AFC.

RDuncan8 wrote:Woah, so who out of the Bills and Jets are beating the Dolphins?

NYJ wrote:Both can beat the Dolphins on their day. Phins ain't all that.

RDuncan8 wrote:
NYJ wrote:

The Chargers are competitive in every game and will make the playoffs IMO.

.... Doh 

Smile 

Made you sweat a bit at the end there haha!!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by RDuncan8 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:48 am

Haha. Fair play. Don't know how they've done that. Luck.

RDuncan8

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 30 Dec 2013, 1:25 am

What difference a year makes. Especially in the case of Manti Te'o who is now in the playoffs with the Chargers.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 30 Dec 2013, 2:34 am

This game could come down to the fact that the Cowboys defence is better than the Eagles defence.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 30 Dec 2013, 7:14 am

Don't throw at the Boy King son. To being obliterated by the Giants to winning the NFC East in a year. Love it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:10 am

Browns have fired Rob Chudzinski.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 10:23 am

I'm praying for a Schiano sacking today...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 11:42 am

Lowlandbrit wrote:Browns have fired Rob Chudzinski.

But are keeping on his assistants it seems. Cleveland doing Cleveland things
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:05 pm

GSC wrote:Don't throw at the Boy King son. To being obliterated by the Giants to winning the NFC East in a year. Love it.

You can't beat the look on Jerry's face at the end of every season! Dallas forever entrenched in mediocrity

Although their defence certainly showed you blitz Foles you can confuse him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 30 Dec 2013, 12:11 pm

Olly wrote:But are keeping on his assistants it seems. Cleveland doing Cleveland things
Could be that they're planning to make Horton or Turner the HC, but then why fire him on Sunday evening?

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 2:18 pm

Leslie Frazier has been sacked also.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 2:38 pm

Skins fans rejoice!

Shanahan and his coaching staff are outta there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 30 Dec 2013, 2:41 pm

Redskins have cleared house too.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 3:13 pm

Apparently the chargers were in an illegal formation when the chiefs missed their field goal at the end of regulation. The NFLbias said it should have been called back. Big Ben must be raging.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 3:18 pm

Surprise surprise, apparently Monte Kiffin is as good as gone in Dallas. Jerry Jones has said he remains committed to Jason Garrett.

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 30 Dec 2013, 3:25 pm

Jerry said he was keeping the Tampa 2 not Kiffin.

Retirement long overdue
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 30 Dec 2013, 4:35 pm

Schwartz has been in a meeting with the Lions for a while now. People starting to wonder if he might actually be kept on.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 30 Dec 2013, 4:41 pm

Jay Glazer wrote:Greg Schiano and Mark Dominik have been fired!

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 4:43 pm

Hallelujah!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 4:54 pm

Pr4wn gets his wish. Wink

Hate the Rob Chudzinski firing, the Browns had a good group of coaches and some key players to build a team around. It should have been about the future for them.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 30 Dec 2013, 4:59 pm

Schwartz has been fired, according to Adam Schefter.

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:01 pm

Olly wrote:Skins fans rejoice!

I'll only rejoice if they get someone as good or better than Shanahan. He did make a mistake with playing RGIII when he was hurt, and I have doubts that playing Cousins in the end worked out, but overall he didn't do a bad job with what he had. Look at the mess he inherited and look at the damage the cap hit has done. Tell me any other HC (maybe except Ol' Grumpy up in NE) who could have put together a quality roster with nearly 28.5% wiped off your salary cap capacity? Never mind getting in a few good starters, where do you find quality depth and performers on ST's? He made some mistakes and we should be better than 3-13, but he was hamstrung for almost all of his tenure and still delivered a divisional championship.

Who would I like to see come in? Right now the only name on my list is Lovie Smith. Possibly Whisenhunt. Otherwise you are dealing with an unknown quantity. I don't see any coordinators able to step up, and I see a college coach as too big a risk considering the state of the roster.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:03 pm

Now there's a job opportunity for someone in Detroit. Just need to coach up Stafford, install discipline, get some more defensive pieces and you got a heck of a football team.
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:06 pm

twelve283 wrote:Pr4wn gets his wish. Wink

Hate the Rob Chudzinski firing, the Browns had a good group of coaches and some key players to build a team around. It should have been about the future for them.

Sounds like player power decided this one. He was not popular.

Schiano is a dick, so no sympathy there. Frazier maybe deserving of some sympathy, but his handling of the roster probably got him fired. I can see Schwartz being on a knife edge but possibly staying if he can make a strong enough case.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:07 pm

Spoke too soon...

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by skins4ever Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:08 pm

I can see Shanahan going to Detroit if he wants another job. He can probably fix Stafford.

skins4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:08 pm

skins4ever wrote:
Olly wrote:Skins fans rejoice!

I'll only rejoice if they get someone as good or better than Shanahan. He did make a mistake with playing RGIII when he was hurt, and I have doubts that playing Cousins in the end worked out, but overall he didn't do a bad job with what he had. Look at the mess he inherited and look at the damage the cap hit has done. Tell me any other HC (maybe except Ol' Grumpy up in NE) who could have put together a quality roster with nearly 28.5% wiped off your salary cap capacity? Never mind getting in a few good starters, where do you find quality depth and performers on ST's? He made some mistakes and we should be better than 3-13, but he was hamstrung for almost all of his tenure and still delivered a divisional championship.

Who would I like to see come in? Right now the only name on my list is Lovie Smith. Possibly Whisenhunt. Otherwise you are dealing with an unknown quantity. I don't see any coordinators able to step up, and I see a college coach as too big a risk considering the state of the roster.

Can't see Lovie Smith not ending up in Tampa
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:16 pm

skins4ever wrote:
twelve283 wrote:Pr4wn gets his wish. Wink

Sounds like player power decided this one. He was not popular.
Guess it depends where you get your information from, Michael Silver posted this on NFL.com:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306926/article/rob-chudzinski-firing-infuriates-many-cleveland-browns-players

Schwartz on the other hand had to go.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:19 pm

The Rooney rule means alot of teams will be interested in interviewing Lovie Smith.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:28 pm

What has Shanahan actually done in 4 years?
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 5:57 pm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Browns CEO Joe Banner rules out candidates who interviewed last year. No Ray Horton. No Bill O’Brien. No Mike Zimmer. No Ken Whisenhunt

Could see Schwartz ending up there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:07 pm

Olly wrote:Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Browns CEO Joe Banner rules out candidates who interviewed last year. No Ray Horton. No Bill O’Brien. No Mike Zimmer. No Ken Whisenhunt

Funny, I would give all those guys a shot, particularly Mike Zimmer.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:09 pm

Early reports are that the Bucs and Browns are interested in Chip Kelly
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:10 pm

twelve283 wrote:

Funny, I would give all those guys a shot, particularly Mike Zimmer.

I'm surprised it won't be Horton. Thought promoting him from DC would be the move that made the most sense, do wonder if he'll stick around.

Zimmer's gonna end up somewhere, would guess maybe Titans if they lose Munchak, got a good D there
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Number-25 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:16 pm

GSC wrote:What has Shanahan actually done in 4 years?

Wrecked a good defense, almost wrecked the career of the franchise QB, wrecked the confidence of the franchise QB..... list goes on. He did finally find a decent kicker though......

I'm not rejoicing tonight. He's been fired cos we suck and now we have to watch as all the decent HC candidates knock us back and go elsewhere. I have no thoughts as to who we should target. I hate all the lazy talk about Bevell and Roman just cos they've had success with dual threat QBs. Doesn't follow that they'd have success rebuilding our pitiful mob.

Number-25

Back to top Go down

Post by twelve283 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:23 pm

Number-25 wrote:
GSC wrote:What has Shanahan actually done in 4 years?

Wrecked a good defense, almost wrecked the career of the franchise QB, wrecked the confidence of the franchise QB..... list goes on. He did finally find a decent kicker though......

I'm not rejoicing tonight. He's been fired cos we suck and now we have to watch as all the decent HC candidates knock us back and go elsewhere.  I have no thoughts as to who we should target. I hate all the lazy talk about Bevell and Roman just cos they've had success with dual threat QBs. Doesn't follow that they'd have success rebuilding our pitiful mob.
Art Briles is the other name being linked for obvious reasons.

Don't really get the love for Broncos OC Adam Gase, I have to believe that offense is all Manning.

twelve283

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:39 pm

Here's the final points difference in four divisions, guess which is which:

Division 1: +55, -19, -202, -152
Division 2: +186, +134, +55, -16
Division 3: +106, -97, -18, -49
Division 4: -11, -33, +19, -89

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:47 pm

Few thoughts

I wouldn't have brought back Rex. Players love him but that's not always a bad thing. He's too much like his father, too focused on his side. But Woodys more concerned with being on the front page than back page and Ryan makes the Jets relevant.

The Rob Chudzinski fire stinks on multiple levels. How can you preach patience and building then fire a guy for not winning with Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden

Schwartz had to go. No control leading to a lot of wasted talent.

Canning Schiano and Dominik was the right call. Dominik hasn't built a strong roster. Schianos style doesn't cut it in the NFL. Dictating to 18 year olds is a lot easier than millionaires.

Already covered Shanahan. Skins went nowhere positive under him. Time to retire.

Don't see the point of Lovie. Failed utterly to cultivate an offense in Chicago. More likely he gets passed on and Jerry backs up a bank truck to coach his defense imo
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:52 pm

1) AFC North
2) AFC West
3) AFC East
4) NFC North

At a guess...

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Mon 30 Dec 2013, 6:56 pm

I'm not a fan of the Dominick firing but you can certainly make an argument for it. Lovie Smith will of course be touted having worked there before. Will need a good OC with him, that'll be the big problem.

The Bucs have some good guys in the personnel department wouldn't worry as much there.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 30 Dec 2013, 7:00 pm

Answers:

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 7:18 pm

I mistyped on the first one too!

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 30 Dec 2013, 7:23 pm

My guess would be:-
Division 1: +55, -19, -202, -152 NFC East
Division 2: +186, +134, +55, -16 AFC West
Division 3: +106, -97, -18, -49 AFC East
Division 4: -11, -33, +19, -89 AFC South
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 8:41 pm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
#Browns are pushing to interview #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, per source. First opportunity would be Jan. 5. Nothing firm set up yet.

He's from Ohio, Lombardi loves the Pats, they're ending up with Tebow ain't they
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Pr4wn Mon 30 Dec 2013, 8:49 pm

Weren't we joking about that last night olly?

Pr4wn

Back to top Go down

Post by mikeygnfl Mon 30 Dec 2013, 8:52 pm

More likely the Browns go for McDaniels and Ryan Mallet. That would leave back up QB spot available on their roster for possibly AJ McCarron.
mikeygnfl
mikeygnfl

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 30 Dec 2013, 9:00 pm

Pr4wn wrote:Weren't we joking about that last night olly?

I think so  Laugh 

Although as Mikey says maybe more likely they go for Mallet if McDaniels does end up there. If those moves happened I think I'd love Cleveland forever, despite Brady saying he wants to work with McDaniels for the rest of his career, he sucks
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon 30 Dec 2013, 9:12 pm

#Browns are pushing to interview #Patriots OC Josh McDaniels, per source. First opportunity would be Jan. 5. Nothing firm set up yet.

He's from Ohio, Lombardi loves the Pats, they're ending up with Tebow ain't they
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
ESPN announces that Tim Tebow has been hired for its new SEC Network. #Tebow http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2013/12/sec-network-hires-tim-tebow-for-pregame-show-sec-nation-additional-espn-duties/ …
Tim Tebow has an out-clause in his deal with the SEC Network if an @NFL teams comes calling. Not over yet, folks #Tebow

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
In addition to Josh McDaniels (NE), Dan Quinn (SEA), and Adam Gase (DEN), Browns asked for permission to interview Todd Bowles (AZ)

Lowlandbrit

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next