The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Eddie Hearn and Frampton .....

+3
Rodney
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
TRUSSMAN66
7 posters

Go down

Eddie Hearn and Frampton ..... Empty Eddie Hearn and Frampton .....

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 11:57 am

Anybody else noticed how a hate-Hearn agenda seems to have enveloped 606 since Mcguigan fell out with Eddie and took Frampton ???

For me falling out with the odious, arrogant mcguigan is another reason I like Eddie Hearn...........

Would GGG v Macklin........Martinez-Barker, Martinez-Macklin happened under Warren...........Nope...........Cleverly had to beg for Kovo....

Let's get real Hearn is better for the fan than Warren............

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Eddie Hearn and Frampton ..... Empty Re: Eddie Hearn and Frampton .....

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:02 pm

You used to criticise Hearn all the time haha. Telling people you didn't trust him and just to wait until he started delivering nonsense fights.

Come on Truss, if you wanted to pick a fight with Strongy you could have done better than this.

BTW personally I have been a skeptic since Brook struggled with Jones and McCloskey robbed Prescott....that was waaaaaay before Frampton even signed for him....I think.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:05 pm

I agree he is better than Warren for big fights. But in the last year or two his so called eliminators that never actually deliver a title fight are a bit of a rip off. So can no longer listen to him regarding "some" things. But again I agree that he is putting on more good shows than bad which is good.

I don't dislike him to the extreme like some...but when it comes to Burns, Brook and this PPV show in a couple of weeks, his explanations are just fake and obviously fake.
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:10 pm

Can't separate them both have self interests at the top of their agenda , Hearn has the more attractive stable at the moment , however Warren isn't worried to sacrifice some of he's fighters to the slaughter , Leushing v Tito, Jennings v Cotto etc....

Hearns cards have been awful recently one sided dross, we need rival promoters but who see business. They need to get Frampton v Quigg ASAP before one of the loses , strike what the irons hotter than luke warm.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:11 pm

I don't particularly like him...........The mcguigan bit was sarcasm.......

I don't want an argument with the village-606 idiot either..

Just think he is better for the sport than warren..........

and that all this negative stuff happened after Frampton.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:13 pm

Rodney wrote:Can't separate them both have self interests at the top of their agenda , Hearn has the more attractive stable at the moment , however Warren isn't worried to sacrifice some of he's fighters to the slaughter , Leushing v Tito, Jennings v Cotto etc....

Hearns cards have been awful recently one sided dross, we need rival promoters but who see business. They need to get Frampton v Quigg ASAP before one of the loses , strike what the irons hotter than luke warm.

Cheers Rodders
Warren's lost ambitious fighters left, right and centre.........

Add Alexander-Purdy and more Hearns fighters have been sacrificed in two years than warren's in twenty..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 12 Nov 2013, 12:17 pm

Way I look at it no promoter is ever going to do things that make us fans 100% happy because some things are just not smart business sense and let’s not kid ourselves here they enter the game to make money, not out of some sense of altruism. For me I am still pretty much a glass is half full guy when it comes to Eddie. Does a lot of things I like such as keeping the new pros in action every other week rather than every other month and is willing to send his guys overseas if opportunities arrive.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 12 Nov 2013, 1:01 pm

Sticking Jennings in with Cotto isn't a big deal, he was a domestic level fighter who only had one shot at the big time, he wasn't a money maker so it was an easy option. Sticking a cash cow in a risky fight is a different ball game, you then have something to lose in the long term. Putting Cleverley in with Kovalev was risky, putting Froch in with Bute was risky but Hearn sticking Purdy in with Alexander was not.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Nov 2013, 1:13 pm

My problem with Hearn is he wants a monopoly on boxing and he has spoofed a lot in what has been a carefully orchestrated media PR campaign where he has sold a vision I believe he cannot deliver.

Hearn also seems to be inexperienced evidenced by his fighters being stripped of their belts. Is Burns next?

The PPV thing is also a bug bear with me. I don't have a problem paying to see the very best fight or if there are good names in competitive fights on a stacked card. Eddie has done a fair bit of bluffing around PPV but as I see it is floundering a bit with Froch v Groves.

Warren had it too easy for too long and is now struggling badly. It's a big challenge for him to give Matchroom a run for their money. There are interesting times ahead.

What I think nobody wants to see is Warren and Hearn fighters being kept apart ala Golden boy and Top Rank. The boxing scene in Britain isn't big enough to support this kind of split.

I feel Hearn has really hurt Warren and I wonder if the blood letting will continue?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 12 Nov 2013, 1:17 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:

I don't want an argument with the village-606 idiot either..

You're hardly averse to wearing the cone shaped pointy hat.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by OasisBFC Tue 12 Nov 2013, 4:16 pm

i find it funny that he was constantly calling out quigg and singing frampton's praises.
now frampton left, he's got quigg and the tables turn 180.

boxing is a funny old game.

OasisBFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down