The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GGG v Haglar, Hearns Leonard and Duran

+8
azania
Boxtthis
Lumbering_Jack
Lance
mobilemaster8
John Bloody Wayne
Hammersmith harrier
ONETWOFOREVER
12 posters

Go down

GGG v Haglar, Hearns Leonard and Duran Empty GGG v Haglar, Hearns Leonard and Duran

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 14 Nov 2013, 8:32 pm

i know many of you here love GGG with a passion but for me he is just waiting to be exposed.

How does he fair against the fab four.

Haglar beats him down for 5 or 6 rounds before GGG quits

Leonard makes him look silly

Hearns? thats an early night for Tommy

Duran???

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

GGG v Haglar, Hearns Leonard and Duran Empty Re: GGG v Haglar, Hearns Leonard and Duran

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 14 Nov 2013, 8:36 pm

On what basis does Golovkin quit, sounds like over egging the pudding to me.

He beats Duran who was made to look better than he was at middleweight by Hagler.

He probably beats middleweight Leonard who wasn't that special, Hagler threw their fight away.

As for Hagler and Hearns, it's too early to say we have no idea what his chin is like.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

GGG v Haglar, Hearns Leonard and Duran Empty Re: GGG v Haglar, Hearns Leonard and Duran

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 14 Nov 2013, 8:40 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:On what basis does Golovkin quit, sounds like over egging the pudding to me.

He beats Duran who was made to look better than he was at middleweight by Hagler.

He probably beats middleweight Leonard who wasn't that special, Hagler threw their fight away.

As for Hagler and Hearns, it's too early to say we have no idea what his chin is like.
His chin is not the issue he gets hit VERY easily when the other guy throws back. Hearns puts him to sleep within a round.

Haglar would be too aggressive. Little man Stevens troubled GGG when he stepped it up a notch.

Please don't make me laugh, Leonard plays with this guy all night long and Haglar never threw it away he was out foxed.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 14 Nov 2013, 8:46 pm

I thinking you're basing Leonard on the welterweight beating Hearns and Benitez not the past it semi retired middleweight.

You can't really pass judgement on a guy getting knocked out when's he yet to be hurt, he could for all we know have the chin of Hagler.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 14 Nov 2013, 8:49 pm

I'd back Hagler to have the chin, conditioning and skillset to beat him by UD in an exciting fight.

Hearns I believe he knocks out. I can certainly see why people would go the other way but I believe Golovkin's toughness and body punching would be hell for him. I can see myself getting flamed for this but oh well.

Duran I think he over powers. Not a knock on Duran really, who ran Hagler close but it was not Marvin's best performance. Although he just about beat Barkley, Barkley didn't have the skill to match his physical presence. Golovkin does.

Leonard's an interesting one. For now I back him by UD. Exciting fight though.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 14 Nov 2013, 9:00 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:I'd back Hagler to have the chin, conditioning and skillset to beat him by UD in an exciting fight.

Hearns I believe he knocks out. I can certainly see why people would go the other way but I believe Golovkin's toughness and body punching would be hell for him. I can see myself getting flamed for this but oh well.

Duran I think he over powers. Not a knock on Duran really, who ran Hagler close but it was not Marvin's best performance. Although he just about beat Barkley, Barkley didn't have the skill to match his physical presence. Golovkin does.

Leonard's an interesting one. For now I back him by UD. Exciting fight though.
And here comes the flame of which you speak.

How do you expect GGG to get close to Hearns with Hearns reach and jab??? Do you expect Tommy to lay on the ropes like Macklin did inviting GGG to come in and body punch him???

GGG'S reputation is the reason most middles are running scared of him. Hearns keeps him on the outside and makes him eat jab all night and don't forget Steward would of figured GGG out already.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Thu 14 Nov 2013, 9:02 pm

Yep, that's the plan and a very possible outcome.

The other possible outcome is that GGG stays out of harms way while he can then concentrates on closing the distance while taking as little as possible (even Hearns was unlikely to to switch them off with one shot, plenty guys survived late) and once he gets inside it's his time. Laying on the ropes has little to do with it. Hearns is my second favourite fighter of all time, I just think Golovkin is all wrong for him.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 14 Nov 2013, 9:05 pm

Well Golovkin looks more impressive than Barkley so you can't right him off and saying he's knocked out in one is pure fantasy.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Thu 14 Nov 2013, 9:06 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Yep, that's the plan and a very possible outcome.

The other possible outcome is that GGG stays out of harms way while he can then concentrates on closing the distance while taking as little as possible (even Hearns was unlikely to to switch them off with one shot, plenty guys survived late) and once he gets inside it's his time. Laying on the ropes has little to do with it. Hearns is my second favourite fighter of all time, I just think Golovkin is all wrong for him.
I understand that GGG has learned how to cut off the ring like an expert because people run from his power but Tommy was a freak in every division he fought in. If umpa lumpa Stevens can rattle off a 4 punch combo on GGG's face then Hearns puts him to sleep early. Tommy the best chin checker in history or modern times.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 9:13 pm

Hahahaha you do make me laugh mate, but some of the Love sacks you come out with sometimes......just wow.

GGG was troubled by Stevens.....were you peed out your mind during that fight?

If so, watch it again, its worth it just for the beating Stevens took....for the whole fight.

GGG cant be compared to these fab four because he is stepping up a gear every fight. When Martinez, Quillin, Murray etc etc grow some Love sacks and agree to fight, then in time, depending how he gets on over the next 3-5 yeas, we can compare fights with guys like Hearns, Leonard and Hagler.

ATM he beats Duran via LKO. With ease.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 14 Nov 2013, 9:25 pm

Sturm offered Golovkin a fight last year, but Golovkin wasn't ready.

I like Golovkin, but theres no proof of him being avoided. hes being brought along at a steady pace himself

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Thu 14 Nov 2013, 9:41 pm

Disagree Lance. When was he offered sturm fight?? After he had just "beaten" Murray? Or his "win" against maklin? Two robberies in Germany.....id avoid him too.

He has called out Quillin and Martinez for the past two years......

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Thu 14 Nov 2013, 9:56 pm

anyone can call people out publicly. where is the contract offers?

doesn't he believe he can knock sturm out?

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:11 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Disagree Lance. When was he offered sturm fight?? After he had just "beaten" Murray? Or his "win" against maklin? Two robberies in Germany.....id avoid him too.

He has called out Quillin and Martinez for the past two years......
Neither were close to being robberies. Close competitive fights which people are quick to label robberies. Close fights are not robberies.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:14 am

Come on lumbering....id say Maklin won by a couple at least. Same as Murray.

Dirrel also "beat" froch but didn't......

Home town decisions.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Boxtthis Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:15 am

Nice one. So, people think Golovkin is good, so you put him up against 3 ATGs as a yardstick? We don't even know how he'll fair against the best of this era. But, he looks promising and is worthy of some excitement from fans.

Kind of says something that a hypothetical match with Hagler is even a discussion.

Boxtthis

Back to top Go down

Post by Lumbering_Jack Fri 15 Nov 2013, 8:28 am

mobilemaster8 wrote:Come on lumbering....id say Maklin won by a couple at least. Same as Murray.

Dirrel also "beat" froch but didn't......

Home town decisions.....
No. All of them were close fights. People were generally spilt down the middle with how the fights went.

Lumbering_Jack

Back to top Go down

Post by azania Fri 15 Nov 2013, 9:26 am

I thought Macklin edged it and Sturm beat Murray easily. Ho hum.

azania

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:02 am

Interesting opinions. But, is still feel Maklin and Murray won same as i did Dirrell, Marquez/Pacman, Rios/Abril.

But, GGG NEVER once struggled with Stevens.....thats actually laughable.

And we can't compare him to fantastic future HOF fighters when he is so inexperienced.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri 15 Nov 2013, 10:04 am

... I thought sturm was robbed against Murray.

We really haven't seen enough of 3g to make these kind of comparison s with any kind of conviction.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Fri 15 Nov 2013, 11:14 am

I don't believe we know enough about him yet (GGG) to be including him in these theoretical head-to-heads.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:05 pm

hazharrison wrote:I don't believe we know enough about him yet (GGG) to be including him in these theoretical head-to-heads.

Exactly Haz, ask this question in 3 years time and we'll all be able to give a more honest opinion.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lance Fri 15 Nov 2013, 12:29 pm

azania wrote:I thought Macklin edged it and Sturm beat Murray easily. Ho hum.
this was the general consensus in Germany. Sturm was considered lucky against Macklin, and this is what went against him in the Murray fight.

Lance

Back to top Go down

Post by sittingringside Fri 15 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm

I think he would lose to all of them apart from Duran, who I would expect him to beat in virtue of his superior size in a tough fight.

sittingringside

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down