The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

+26
Izzi
Hammersmith harrier
Rodney
Nico the gman
RanjitPatel
TopHat24/7
seanmichaels
superflyweight
Lumbering_Jack
TRUSSMAN66
Fists of Fury
joeyjojo618
Il Gialloblu
alanqlm
owen10ozzy
ONETWOFOREVER
titaniumjaw
catchweight
mobilemaster8
Rowley
bhb001
John Bloody Wayne
Lance
Strongback
ShahenshahG
All Time Great
30 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Did Haye fake the cut?

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap38%Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 15 ]
Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 2 Vote_lcap62%Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 62% 
[ 25 ]

Total Votes : 40

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 2 Empty Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

Post by All Time Great Mon 18 Nov 2013, 8:57 pm

First topic message reminder :

Did Haye "fake" the cut?

Let me start of by clearly saying, no I don't think Haye was afraid of Fury and was trying to duck him. However, it's incredible suspicious that he suffers a damaged hand before the Charr fight (which was probably for a lot less money), and then in bizzare fashion suffers a cut above his brow (not below, which is much more serious) a week before the fight when really he should be wearing a head guard to avoid getting cut, let alone risking a concussion.

My take on the event, Haye believed Fury was an easy payday, which most would believe. He discovered this shoulder injury and didn't want the potential £5m payday to go up in smoke so therefore, tried to buy some time so Fury did not move on.

It's pretty evident, Haye has suffered a serious shoulder injury (although I doubt it's career threatening, it's probably an injury that will take 6-9 months to repair and is being used more of a marketing campaign in order to not have his fans turn against him). If Haye can obtain a title fight with a Klitschko, with £5m+ on the table- I'm pretty sure we'll see him in action again.

So for my money, I believe he has used a self inflicted cut to delay the fight. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but he has far too much previous for me to doubt the above.

Just as a quick note- all ticket purchases will be refunded  by eventim.

Last edited by All Time Great on Mon 18 Nov 2013, 9:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

All Time Great

Back to top Go down

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

Post by catchweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:13 am

Yep I think the shoulder was the real reason the fight was postponed and the cut was deliberately engineered to buy extra time without Fury walking away from the fight.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Did David Haye "fake/ self inflict" the cut??

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:15 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I think Lyndon Johnson shot Kennedy......

So ignorant Truss, everyone knows it was OJ Simpson because Kennedy was going to expose him for faking the moon landings.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:17 am

Just can't see how you can go and cut yourself and then keep that kind of secret these days..

Imagine the humiliation If it got out Haye cut himself deliberately to avoid Fury....

Everything the guy had worked for goes out the window..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:22 am

1. Sparring so close to the fight was strange.
2. If it was to cover a shoulder injury why wait until now for the operation (particularly with a Feb 8th date set).
3. When did he pick up this niggle in his shoulder and what was he doing to aggravate it (presumably he would only be ticking over at the moment).

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:29 am

I would say they opted for surgery as a last resort. They probably hoped extra time off to heal it would work but in the end surgery was the only option. They kept the whole thing quiet so as Fury would stay on board and used the cut as a means to buy more time in the hope the shoulder would heal.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:37 am

Haye took a bad rap when he pulled out of Klitsy because of injury...........I imagine he felt the shoulder was good enough to take Fury out with and he didn't want to postpone .........

Might find this amazing but Boxers fight with injuries all the time.........That's why many get cortisone injections before a fight

As for the sparring it might have been strange but then again It's strange for the majority of fighters to go 15 months without a fight...

Certainly not going to believe a guy cuts himself and one of his entourage doesn't sell the story to make a few bucks..

You don't leave the ring fine and come out of the bathroom with a two inch slice and nobody notices..

Everyone loves conspiracy theories............The moon landing pictures were fake.......RFK killed by secret service, JFK killed by the mafia, McKinley killed by communists, Garfield shot by the anti-modernising republican wing........

Unfortunately the truth is more mundane...........

People are upset..They were looking forward to this fight and they are taking it out on Haye......

But get real.......

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 9:56 am

Tin-foil hat brigade are out in force..........where's your eponymous leader, ONETWO??

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 10:11 am

TopHat24/7 wrote:Tin-foil hat brigade are out in force..........where's your eponymous leader, ONETWO??
There are certain questions we do not ask round here. The location of onetwo is one of those questions, there is clearly a global conspiracy on a Watergate scale going on here, someone like onetwo has no time to be on a forum, suspect he is hid under the floorboards in Haye's flat currently.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Nov 2013, 10:48 am

Haye was trying to scratch the inside of his skull and the most direct route was through his own face with a katana

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:04 pm

As a celebrity boxer, Haye was having a kickabout with the England team and saw Michael Carrick, who had already performed impromptu but highly successful reconstruction surgery on Wayne Rooney and begged him to kick him in the face. Little did he realise that Carrick was wearing the new Gillette Pro Glide boots with five little ninjas all waving swords about and...well, the rest is history.

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:34 pm

All this is coming out of the news story Haye did not know he had a serious shoulder problem until last week.

That's the issue most of the chat around the boxing forums is about from what I can see.

The Fury's have been maintaining, for over a month in the press, that Haye would pull out and they say they were told this by people who know Haye well.

It's the story around the shoulder injury that has tongues wagging.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:36 pm

The Furys.......Nice to get an objective source........

Apparently Alvarez Dad had him beating Floyd........He was objective as well...

Like Warren is about Eddie Hearn..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:38 pm

Open polls are much more interesting. Is there an option that allows us to see what individual posters voted for.

On some sites that run on the same or similar software to this one there is an option to allow polls to be open or closed at the OP's discretion when the article is being written.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:41 pm

We know who the idiots are without having to see the results..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:44 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:The Furys.......Nice to get an objective source........

Apparently Alvarez Dad had him beating Floyd........He was objective as well...

Like Warren is about Eddie Hearn..
Why would they say Haye would pull out and they were looking at other options weeks ago. They wanted the fight to go ahead for 5,000,000 reasons.

Explain why Haye was doing no PR for the fight in the last few weeks.

These are valid points and can't be explained away by "well in the rational world Haye is never going to be that devious". Lets face it he would have been in the ring with Fury if could make it happen but he couldn't. The question for me and many is when did he realise the fight was in jeopardy?

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:48 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:We know who the idiots are without having to see the results..

Name the 10 people who believe Haye cut his own face then?

Try engaging in the debate instead of coming in like a right wing reactionary.

Look at what actually happened.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:49 pm

You can make anything look suspicious If you want.......

Especially If you hate the guy....

Didn't have to take the fight in the first place did he ??.....No one would have said he's ducking Fury..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You can make anything look suspicious If you want.......

Especially If you hate the guy....

Didn't have to take the fight in the first place did he ??.....No one would have said he's ducking Fury..

Read my post. I said Haye would have fought Fury in a heartbeat. An easy £5M.

Haye created the suspicion himself as evidence by the comments of boxing fans around the world.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:54 pm

So ten idiots reckon he cut his own face or are having a laugh by clicking on YES...........and that means what exactly ??

Do me a favor..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:58 pm

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 1:59 pm

11 idiots

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:14 pm

13 v 11. All the highly intelligent people must be in the 13. A good reason why they should be identified for their genius. As for the 11 isn't it always good to know who the idiots in the world are?

And I though you were a democrat.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:23 pm

Haye never had enopugh fights to be called GREAT.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:19 pm

If people believe that this shoulder injury was the real cause of the first fights postponement then why wouldn't Haye have had the scan 6 weeks ago. I'm guessing this would then have told him there's no point in rescheduling the fight as its career threatening.
Haye's past injuries do make you think twice but there is no way he would give up 5m unless he absolutely had to and if he'd known 6 weeks ago, why reschedule?

Anyway good luck to Fury.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:30 pm

This cut theory is tripe,Haye could have come up with any number of excuses to cancel the Fury fight,this must rank as one of the daftest posts ever submitted.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:34 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:If people believe that this shoulder injury was the real cause of the first fights postponement then why wouldn't Haye have had the scan 6 weeks ago. I'm guessing this would then have told him there's no point in rescheduling the fight as its career threatening.
Haye's past injuries do make you think twice but there is no way he would give up 5m unless he absolutely had to and if he'd known 6 weeks ago, why reschedule?

Anyway good luck to Fury.

He maybe thought he had time to rehab the shoulder with physio and then put in a hard 8 weeks training camp. The need for surgery putting him out of the game maybe only came up in the last month. I don't believe he wasn't carrying this injury. I do believe he hoped he could get away with the Fury fight before having major surgery.

He kept things going to milk the media attention.

Remember Hayemaker would not sign up to compensation clauses in the contract that would trigger a payoff to Fury if Haye did not make the ring again.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:36 pm

If he'd have said I'm quitting because I haven't got it anymore......No one would think he'd be ducking Fury..

So this whole cut thing is garbage.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:43 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:If he'd have said I'm quitting because I haven't got it anymore......No one would think he'd be ducking Fury..

So this whole cut thing is garbage.

You're holding onto the line that people are saying "Haye ducked Fury". Very few people, if any, believes that.

Haye had a shoulder injury he didn't divulge and now can't make the fight. Fury is the one that deserves sympathy. 5 million gg's up the swanny,

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:48 pm

If you cut your own eye......Then what else apart from ducking would he be doing...FFS

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:49 pm

Delaying the fight.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:52 pm

Think ppl are saying the cut was self-inflicted in order to buy time to test/recuperate the shoulder which was the actual issue. Which is why he's put so little into promo since. When it became the shoulder couldn't be fix he 'came clean' about it and had the fight cancelled. So not duck exactly.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:52 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Delaying the fight.
Great minds.....lol

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:53 pm

Very dubious.......Cuts open up again further down the road....

Delay the fight by saying you've damaged your hand..or you have the flu...

Only an idiot would get a cut where Haye got one on purpose..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:54 pm

A cut doesnt require a medical report to support it nor will anyone ask questions about the postponement. A picture will do.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:57 pm

I see what you're saying and can understand that some may believe it to be plausible but I'm stuck on the scan. As soon as he had that scan he probably knew it was over with. With the theory that some have put forward about him knowing 6 weeks ago then one would presume that he would have had the scan then which would have made even less sense to reschedule the fight in the knowledge that it would never happen.
I get that you might think he'd want to milk the media limelight for a few weeks more but Haye is quite savvy media wise so I'm sure that he'd realise cancelling two fights in such a short space of time would not be too clever.
Anyway, it looks like he's gone now so never mind.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 4:59 pm

I agree Ranjy.....You have a shoulder problem you see a specialist.........You delay the fight...or retire

You don't go and get a cut for Fury to open up later..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:04 pm

Yeah - Hi Tyson, I might have a career ending injury can you please put your career on hold while I try and figure it out. It might take 6-9 months. Surely you can afford to waste a year in the likely event I can't recover? Also could you please not ask to be compensated for the money and time you've wasted training for this. Thank you my Dear Dear friend.

ShahenshahG

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:06 pm

If he had a shoulder injury before the fight then he should check it out.......Comes back positive Fury doesn't have to wait....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:07 pm

I'd find it hard to believe that a specialist would have given him six weeks to rehab a shoulder injury that ends up being career ending. Six weeks can be a lot but when your careers on the line I'd guess its a little.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:10 pm

RanjitPatel wrote:I'd find it hard to believe that a specialist would have given him six weeks to rehab a shoulder injury that ends up being career ending. Six weeks can be a lot but when your careers on the line I'd guess its a little.
Exactly Ranjit they're not called specialists for nothing.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:11 pm

Agreed.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:15 pm

Haye was obviously desperate for the fight to happen so he was probably hopeful that giving the shoulder extra recovery time might be enough to see him through for a juicy 5 million. In the end it probably turned out that surgery was the only course of action. Haye doesnt really care about mugging off his opponent or the fans. Its the 5 million he cared about and he was probably willing to gamble that it might not need surgery or that surgery could come after the Fury fight. In the end the shoulder just wasnt healing so surgery had to happen and the fight had to be called off as the last resort. Love how people compare this one to the Watergate scandal while at the same time pointing out how Hayes previous phoney injuries were all perfectly normal and well documented. The odds on Haye being cut before the fight and then a couple of months later discovering a niggle which turns out to be a career ender is ridiculous. And the fact that between a routine scan on a niggle and a full shoulder surgery there was only a couple of days in between. And the reports that he was unwilling to sign a compensation package in the event of withdrawing. All highly coincidental. Real grassy knoll stuff.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:21 pm

Strongback wrote:Open polls are much more interesting.  Is there an option that allows us to see what individual posters voted for.  

On some sites that run on the same or similar software to this one there is an option to allow polls to be open or closed at the OP's discretion when the article is being written.
I voted ironically.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:23 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:
Strongback wrote:Open polls are much more interesting.  Is there an option that allows us to see what individual posters voted for.  

I voted ironically.
I voted whimsically.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:24 pm

I voted theatrically

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:34 pm

According to the audience of tiny but powerful Burmese grandparents who are watching me post, I voted gracefully.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:36 pm

Ironic and graceful at the same time is not easy to pull of John, good skills.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:38 pm

It's debateable whether Haye needed a cut to buy some time.   What is very believable though is he had known/being gambling on this shoulder for a lot longer than he is telling us.  I can see that he would hang in there as long as he could because he wanted that £5M.

I also don't believe this will be career ending injury for Haye and he will be back in the ring at the end of next year, probably hoping that Wlad has faded sufficiently.

Media whores never really die do they.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:41 pm

[quote="TRUSSMAN66"]So ten idiots reckon he cut his own face or are having a laugh by clicking on YES...........and that means what exactly ??

Do me a favor..[/quote
Probably the same ones that voted Floyd in as a top 10 ATG
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Tue 19 Nov 2013, 5:43 pm

Rowley wrote:Ironic and graceful at the same time is not easy to pull of John, good skills.
Cheers #Browley, it's nice to be appreciated for the quality I bring to proceedings.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next