The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

+57
Rugby Fan
Golden
maestegmafia
XR
whocares
bedfordwelsh
mbernz
timhen
hawalsh
littlejohn
GFD
blackcanelion
HammerofThunor
The Saint
madmaccas
Welshmushroom
TJ
profitius
wolfball
demosthenes
Notch
wayne
Big
Artful_Dodger
geoff999rugby
nth
Exiledinborders
BigTrevsbigmac
markb
niwatts
Totalflanker
Feckless Rogue
Poorfour
monwy
andyi
Casartelli
stub
gelodge
LeinsterFan4life
ME-109
broadlandboy
butterfingers
Standulstermen
George Carlin
geoff998rugby
Sin é
thebandwagonsociety
Scrumpy
Jenifer McLadyboy
Kingshu
Dubbelyew L Overate
SecretFly
mystiroakey
beshocked
AsLongAsBut100ofUs
quinsforever
Gibson
61 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed - Page 12 Empty New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

Post by Gibson Tue 19 Nov 2013, 2:30 pm

First topic message reminder :

But didn't the WRU and its regions capitulate and join their English Masters? Have they done a U-turn now? Looks like it.

Unless they want to hype up the Low Value Cup...
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed - Page 12 Empty Re: New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:28 am

mystiroakey wrote:Does anyone know skys position on this.

I read that if the AP clubs didn't come back within a year or so they wouldn't probably be interested in the long term anyway
Sky have signed up to broadcast the Pro12.

I'd imagine they wouldn't want to stay on the right side of the IRB/Unions because they will have other events and competitions that they will want to tender for in the future (like the Lions Tour).

They also need content. Wink 

Its actually not in the interests of BT to hold the PRL to their agreement in the long run either!

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed - Page 12 Empty Re: New European Rugby cup (or whatever it is called) - Qualification agreed

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:29 am

I am talking about the HC not the Rabbo

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by GFD Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:33 am

Don't normally comment but came on to see what the latest news was. Anyway...

Slightly surprised lots of people seem to think this is all over. If you read the statement it doesn't really say anything new - ERC bods just saying they want to stick with the ERC which is no surprise.

Clearly this all hinges on the LNRs next move - stick to their guns with the PRL or cave into the FFR's wishes.

but if the we end up sticking with the ERC under the following scenario:

- No english sides
- a select few french sides who cave in (most likely the worst sides given they won't qualify for the alternative)
- no amlin

Then we will all be worse off as far as I can see.

GFD

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:34 am

mystiroakey wrote:I am talking about the HC not the Rabbo
If they are interested in the PRO 12, they will be interested in a Cup Competition that involves teams from the Pro 12 and France!

Do you know why the PRL were so stupid to sign a broadcasting agreement that they wouldn't take part in any European competition even if their own McCaff Cup didn't happen?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:37 am

they may be interested - but they may not pay much.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:39 am

Flies should be very careful of Munster spiders.

Night sportzfanz.

Believe.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:40 am

GFD wrote:Don't normally comment but came on to see what the latest news was. Anyway...

Slightly surprised lots of people seem to think this is all over. If you read the statement it doesn't really say anything new - ERC bods just saying they want to stick with the ERC which is no surprise.

Clearly this all hinges on the LNRs next move - stick to their guns with the PRL or cave into the FFR's wishes.

but if the we end up sticking with the ERC under the following scenario:

- No english sides
- a select few french sides who cave in (most likely the worst sides given they won't qualify for the alternative)
- no amlin

Then we will all be worse off as far as I can see.
The present Heineken Cup holders have signed up already (Toulon). Other teams we've heard of are Biarritz & Bayonne. Also heard Grenoble might be one of the teams.

I suspect Toulouse will also stay with the Heineken Cup - they love the competition.

Its the IRB who are taking this stand.

Lapasset [IRB Chairman - 24 Sept] told AFP the game's governing body "will ensure we have a European competition which fulfils its name, which is not confiscated by some nations but has a real international interest.

"The IRB will defend this principle: not a privatisation of a competition in the interest of some people," he said, adding that "unions maintain pre-eminence over the leagues... the unions must remain masters of the game."

Read more at http://www.espnscrum.com/heineken-cup-2013-14/rugby/story/199509.html#fCfQ15kMKPx3hPZZ.99
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:41 am

Sin é wrote:
If they are interested in the PRO 12, they will be interested in a Cup Competition that involves teams from the Pro 12 and France!

Do you know why the PRL were so stupid to sign a broadcasting agreement that they wouldn't take part in any European competition even if their own McCaff Cup didn't happen?
because they were prepared not to play in a european competition at all rather than go back to the ERC? like they said?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:42 am

mystiroakey wrote:they may be interested - but they may not pay much.

Well, it will be better than sweet feic all, which is what the PRL will be getting from BT.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:42 am

HammerofThunor wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:Exactly hammer-

it was complete bs.

That deal could never go forward. The writing was on the wall as soon as the sky deal was signed
And if I remember correctly the Sky deal was announced either later the same day as the BT deal or the next day so claiming that the ERC signed the Sky deal to doom the PRL is probably nonsense. They might have rushed forward the press release (the PRL deliberately put theirs out the day before/earlier).
Yep, the PRL jumped in to announce their BTdeal before ERC could. That does not mean that PRL signed an agreement before ERC. Only that they got to announce their deal before ERC. Considering how PRL have conducted their business through media, getting a statement in on the eve of ERC meetings, suggests typical PRL tactics, rather than any real indication of who signed contracts first.
If they did sign contracts first, did they inform ERC that they were doing so? I doubt it. Did they make ERC aware of any BT signing prior to ERC signing up for SKY? That's if they did, but there's no real evidence to support that assumption. It is a nonsense to do so...

Last edited by Munchkin on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:44 am

quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

because they were prepared not to play in a european competition at all rather than go back to the ERC? like they said?
Well, not so sure all the clubs might have agreed with that. I seem to remember Conor O'Shea waxing lyrically a few weeks back about how the Heineken Cup was a great competition and even though Quinns got their ass handed to them by Connacht & Munster, you still want to be playing those teams.
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:45 am

quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

That's nice of them to deny players, and fans, fans who pay their wages, the opportunity to play, or watch their teams participate, at the highest level.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:50 am

I feel for the fans that care. but maybe this was just unavoidable.

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:51 am

screw Camou. screw the ERC. good luck to them next year and we'll see who feels better about the situation in 18 months time...when this euroshambles cup has been going for a year, and the english squad players have racked up twice as many squad training days (without HC) as the other countries ahead of RWC 2015.

The RFU made over £150m this year. RFU and PRL rugby will get along just fine without the ERC.

as a fan i'm sad, but not sad enough to want to go back to that viper's nest ERC.

and it's not over yet, is the sense i am getting. but i just dont see how the BT/SKY contracts are ever going to be overcome.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:54 am

Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

That's nice of them to deny players, and fans, fans who pay their wages, the opportunity to play, or watch their teams participate, at the highest level.
no. owners pay their wages. with no fans, owners still pay the wages. so no fans dont pay their wages. unlike the union bods, if the owners alienate their fans they get personally hurt in the wallet. its called accountability. not something a union blazer type would have any familiarity with.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:56 am

Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Well, not so sure all the clubs might have agreed with that. I seem to remember Conor O'Shea waxing lyrically a few weeks back about how the Heineken Cup was a great competition and even though Quinns got their ass handed to them by Connacht & Munster, you still want to be playing those teams.
and how is that incompatible with what i said?

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:57 am

mystiroakey wrote:I feel for the fans that care. but maybe this was just unavoidable.
It was unavoidable from the moment RFU conceded so much power to the PRL. It has to play out in full now, I agree. Hopefully this is the end game. This has been damaging enough to European Rugby. The sooner this debacle ends, the better.

Back to top Go down

Post by Feckless Rogue Fri 22 Nov 2013, 12:59 am

This is %$£&ing ridiculous. So there's a split in European rugby now? And the English can't rejoin until 2018 or something? What about the Welsh? And the 9 French?

There better be people working in the background over the next few years to ensure there's a grand bargain the day that bloody BT deal runs out.

McCafferty should quietly walk at some point.
We can endure either one watered down or two watered down (%$£&ing ridiculous) competitions for a few years
Then the schism MUST be healed.
They can sell it as a "merger" of two "great" competions if they want.

%$£& sake!
Feckless Rogue
Feckless Rogue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:03 am

quinsforever wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

no. owners pay their wages. with no fans, owners still pay the wages. so no fans dont pay their wages. unlike the union bods, if the owners alienate their fans they get personally hurt in the wallet. its called accountability. not something a union blazer type would have any familiarity with.
quins. Wise up..... Rugby without fans? Aye. Now try putting aside that massive chip on your shoulder for just a little while, and think objectively.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:04 am

quinsforever wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Ha, ha. I'd love you to say that to Tom Grace, the IRFU Treasurer!

Here is his bio:

Tom Grace - Senior Independent Director, Paddy Power plc
Tom Grace was appointed as a non-executive director in January 2006 and became senior independent director in January 2009. Tom was a partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers from 1983 to 2005, where he led the Insolvency Department from 1987 onwards. With 34 years experience in total at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Tom has also worked in the audit and management consultancy divisions, principally in the area of financial advice. Tom is also well known as a former rugby international and is currently honorary treasurer of the Irish Rugby Football Union. He won 25 international rugby caps for Ireland between 1972 and 1978 and captained the side on eight occasions. He also toured as a British and Irish Lion in 1974.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:06 am

Munchkin wrote:
mystiroakey wrote:I feel for the fans that care. but maybe this was just unavoidable.
It was unavoidable from the moment RFU conceded so much power to the PRL. It has to play out in full now, I agree. Hopefully this is the end game. This has been damaging enough to European Rugby. The sooner this debacle ends, the better.
Mysti & Munch. guinnessguinness 

Maybe best get to that Saints V Leinster game now. Last HC game I'll be seeing in England for a while.

Phooking sad really. I blame Maggie McCafferty for this.  And blind greed by the combined Franglo Sugar Daddy Corp.

Kill them all. Let their Corporate Gods sort them out.

Last edited by Gibson on Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:07 am

quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

You said the PRL clubs didn't want to play in the ERC's competition. It sounds like Conor O'Shea wanted to a few weeks back.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by littlejohn Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:16 am

where's it stated that english teams wont be involved and not back until 2018? Surely the english union would get some teams going even from the second tier just as a holding pattern? Then wait for mccafferty to be fired and bring the premiership teams back in?

littlejohn

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:23 am

Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Here is his bio:

Tom Grace was appointed as a non-executive director in January 2006 and became senior independent director in January 2009. Tom was a partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers from 1983 to 2005, where he led the Insolvency Department from 1987 onwards. With 34 years experience in total at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Tom has also worked in the audit and management consultancy divisions, principally in the area of financial advice. Tom is also well known as a former rugby international and is currently honorary treasurer of the Irish Rugby Football Union. He won 25 international rugby caps for Ireland between 1972 and 1978 and captained the side on eight occasions. He also toured as a British and Irish Lion in 1974.

thats accountant, not accountability.

you're welcome

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:26 am

Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

You said the PRL clubs didn't want to play in the ERC's competition. It sounds like Conor O'Shea wanted to a few weeks back.

CoS wants what all players and coaches want. until he owns the club however his opinion is as relevant as yours or mine.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:27 am

Gibson wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

Maybe best get to that Saints V Leinster game now. Last HC game I'll be seeing in England for a while.

Phooking sad really. I blame Maggie McCafferty for this.  And blind greed by the combined Franglo Sugar Daddy Corp.

ah, but now you'll be able to go watch some spanish or portugues side play against some other italian side...better weather and better coffee

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:30 am

Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

quins. Wise up..... Rugby without fans? Aye. Now try putting aside that massive chip on your shoulder for just a little while, and think objectively.
you missed the point again. accountability is what keeps the owner focused on selling tickets and keeping the fans happy. who the f had ever heard of camou or lux or mccafferty before this whole mess started? impossible to get rid of lux or camou. mccafferty will be gone the moment the club CEOs want him gone. that's accountability.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:34 am

quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Here is his bio:

you're welcome
I'd still like you to say it to his face that he isn't accountable to anyone.

He is a Director of an organisation that has a turnover of about 50M per annum, owns a couple of stadia, (having built them) and employs 200+ people.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:35 am

quinsforever wrote:
who the f had ever heard of camou or lux or mccafferty before this whole mess started? impossible to get rid of lux or camou. mccafferty will be gone the moment the club CEOs want him gone. that's accountability.
Lux and Camou are both gone at the end of the season.

Jaysus Quinser. You are some man for one man.

Out on the pi$$ until 4 bells last night. Spend all day running ICI and then back out on the lash tonight.

You must be younger than you look. Shocked 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:37 am

quinsforever wrote:
Gibson wrote:
Munchkin wrote:

ah, but now you'll be able to go watch some spanish or portugues side play against some other italian side...better weather and better coffee
True mo chara. True. The coffee in Leicester was bad. But the pies rocked. The warmth, courtesy and shoite pints we got at Quins, I will never forget. As for Exeter, they really shine for the rest of ye. I'll miss that,  for  a bit.  

We all lose out here. We really do.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by madmaccas Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:40 am

Saw this on the updated BBC story, quite interesting.

"England's Rugby Football Union (RFU) was "extremely disappointed" not to be part of the discussions, but said it was committed to finding "a solution so that a truly pan-European competition can continue to thrive for the benefit of players and spectators alike".

I suspect the fact that they've been sitting on the fence led to this snub, that or the other countries don't trust the RFU not to call up Mcarse before they had time to make an announcement.

I think it's time for the RFU to man up and take a side, that is if they want to be involved in talks likes this.

madmaccas

http://www.scotlandrugbynews.com

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:45 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
who the f had ever heard of camou or lux or mccafferty before this whole mess started? impossible to get rid of lux or camou. mccafferty will be gone the moment the club CEOs want him gone. that's accountability.

Out on the pi$$ until 4 bells last night. Spend all day running ICI and then back out on the lash tonight.

havent had a drink tonight Mc. not a drop. unless you count Lemsip. had enough last night though thats for sure! i try to avoid posting when i've been drinking as my normally calm, mild-mannered, balanced posts run the risk of being not so Yahoo 

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:47 am

I bet the likes of Leicester will miss the opportunity to pick up 250K if they are lucky enough to get Leinster for a QF in the Aviva.

Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:47 am

Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Munchkin wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:

Here is his bio:

you're welcome
I'd still like you to say it to his face that he isn't accountable to anyone.

He is a Director of an organisation that has a turnover of about 50M per annum, owns a couple of stadia, (having built them) and employs 200+ people.

he's a bookkeeper sin e. he doesnt make the big decisions. he tallies up the cost of them.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:48 am

Gibson wrote:
True mo chara. True. The coffee in Leicester was bad. But the pies rocked. The warmth, courtesy and shoite pints we got at Quins, I will never forget. As for Exeter, they really shine for the rest of ye. I'll miss that,  for  a bit.  

We all lose out here. We really do.
Been to Quins in 09 and 13 for Leinster and Munster. Found them to be thoroughly decent chaps as with all the other grounds I have visited in England. Leicester, Bath, Gloucester, Wasps, Oirish, (that was weird having a load of people with English accents shouting "come on you Irish" I felt like thanking them for their concern) In Cardiff v Northampton and in Embra v Leicester. Been to Wembley for Sarries but it was mostly day trippers with very few rugby fans.

A few tossers, but sure we all have them eh?

Hopefully we will find a way to carry on. Even if in involves McCaffo shagging off.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:50 am

quinsforever wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

havent had a drink tonight Mc. not a drop. unless you count Lemsip. had enough last night though thats for sure! i try to avoid posting when i've been drinking as my normally calm, mild-mannered, balanced posts run the risk of being not so Yahoo 
Fock! Shocked  I wouldn't like you when you're angry.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:51 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

and lux and camou will be given nice cushy FFR or IRB jobs when their time is up no doubt. by the way, not a certainty that JPLux will go now...looks like camou has ALL the votes sewn up

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:53 am

quinsforever wrote:and lux and camou will be given nice cushy FFR or IRB jobs when their time is up no doubt. by the way, not a certainty that JPLux will go now...looks like camou has ALL the votes sewn up
Sure he is older than Gibbo. Poor focker wouldn't last another term

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:54 am

thumbsup Yahoo 
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
quinsforever wrote:and lux and camou will be given nice cushy FFR or IRB jobs when their time is up no doubt. by the way, not a certainty that JPLux will go now...looks like camou has ALL the votes sewn up
Sure he is older than Gibbo. Poor focker wouldn't last another term

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:56 am

Rugby equivalent of yerman Sepp Blatter

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 22 Nov 2013, 1:59 am

Ok ye 2. Tour, drink and shag with me of an avond.Yes, all in the same room. See who stays standing, or lying down, as the case may be.

Fhhokin amateurs.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:00 am

haha. sepp blatter is like a jp lux on a grand scale. if i was a football fan no doubt there would be a special place in my voodoo cupboard for blatter. i'd have to get rid of the camou and lux dolls to make space first, mind...

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:04 am

quinsforever wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

and lux and camou will be given nice cushy FFR or IRB jobs when their time is up no doubt. by the way, not a certainty that JPLux will go now...looks like camou has ALL the votes sewn up
Camou is a 68 year old retired Bank President. Lux is a 67 year old retired dentist, so neither will need a job with the IRB/FFR.

You really haven't a clue as to how all of this works, do you?
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:04 am

You have got to see it from the blazer's pov too. I know a few of them over here. They are largely amateur (not the ones in the ERC obviously) and they do it for the love of the game. The only benefits they get are the odd junket and tickets for themselves and their families.

Scale that attitude up to ERC level and it becomes corruption.

Just like in tribal Africa when a man brings the chief a chicken in "prior appreciation" of being allowed to hunt in a certain part of the jungle. That = "quaint tradition"

Bring that scenario into modern Africa where the chief is "the minister for foreign affairs" and the Jungle is an oil field........

Same concept. Different scale. That = "Extreme corruption"

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:07 am

Gibson wrote:Ok ye 2. Tour, drink and shag with me of an avond.Yes, all in the same room.  See who stays standing, or lying down, as the case may be.

Fhhokin amateurs.
Government Warning!!!

Never drink with Gibbo. Fecker has hollow legs. Can pour in Whiskey, Beer, Wine, Cocktails, etc. With seemingly no ill effects.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:08 am

Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

Camou is a 68 year old retired Bank President. Lux is a 67 year old retired dentist, so neither will need a job with the IRB/FFR.

they dont need jobs, they want them, for the power and status it affords them. i know exactly how it works.

not so different from when carling described them as 57 old farts.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:10 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:You have got to see it from the blazer's pov too. I know a few of them over here. They are largely amateur (not the ones in the ERC obviously) and they do it for the love of the game. The only benefits they get are the odd junket and tickets for themselves and their families.

Scale that attitude up to ERC level and it becomes corruption.

Just like in tribal Africa when a man brings the chief a chicken in "prior appreciation" of being allowed to hunt in a certain part of the jungle. That = "quaint tradition"

Bring that scenario into modern Africa where the chief is "the minister for foreign affairs" and the Jungle is an oil field........

Same concept. Different scale. That = "Extreme corruption"
i agree its only at the very top that its bad. and i dont think its corrupt. just an addiction to status and power.

warning noted re gibbo. got the same warning at xmas drinks last night!

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Gibson Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:10 am

Im a 57 year old fart. Beanz Meanz Heinz.
Gibson
Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:11 am

quinsforever wrote:
Sin é wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
quinsforever wrote:

they dont need jobs, they want them, for the power and status it affords them. i know exactly how it works.

not so different from when carling described them as 57 old farts.
should add that i have a very low opinion of carling. just to be clear Smile

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Fri 22 Nov 2013, 2:11 am

Gibson wrote:Im a 57 year old fart. Beanz Meanz Heinz.
Feck off or I'm tellin yer missus about the shaggin! Shocked 

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next