The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yet another brave defeat!

+20
yappysnap
Taylorman
Exiledinborders
Taffineastbourne
englandglory4ever
doctor_grey
GloriousEmpire
majesticimperialman
tomhughesnice
Bullsbok
fa0019
Pal Joey
Toast
doctornickolas
Scratch
HammerofThunor
BigTrevsbigmac
tatterd
Biltong
Scrumpy
24 posters

Go down

Yet another brave defeat! Empty Yet another brave defeat!

Post by Scrumpy Sat 30 Nov 2013, 6:51 pm

Gatlands wales come up short again but what a great game.

Cooper was fantastic what a player when his on song, never a yellow card against him but the rugby gods were watching and made sure the best team won.

That Aussie back line is coming along nicely, knowing our luck they'll be peaking in 2015

Last edited by Scrumpy on Sat 30 Nov 2013, 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Yet another brave defeat! Empty Re: Yet another brave defeat!

Post by Biltong Sat 30 Nov 2013, 6:52 pm

Wales showed some guts in the last quarter, Ozzies made too many errors close to the line and should have had a bigger lead.

Overall an entertaining match.

Congrats to Australia.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by tatterd Sat 30 Nov 2013, 6:56 pm

same old same old - I wonder will I live to see Wales beat Australia again. I'm 40 now so chances are I won't!

tatterd

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 30 Nov 2013, 6:59 pm

Maybe they need a player like BOD in the centre!

Or maybe a token scot to beat aus
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:01 pm

I thought North looked great at centre.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:02 pm

Sounds like we could've done with JD2 in all seriousness. Maybe North wouldn't have kept coming in defensively (apparently)?

Congrats Aus.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:07 pm

Got to be worrying for Wales to have aus in

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:08 pm

Got to be worrying for Wales to have aus in the world cup off of the back of 9 straight defeats

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:11 pm

Ineffable wrote:Got to be worrying for Wales to have aus in the world cup off of the back of 9 straight defeats
One and a half years is a long time in rugby terms. Plenty will change before then.

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:14 pm

BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
Ineffable wrote:Got to be worrying for Wales to have aus in the world cup off of the back of 9 straight defeats
One and a half years is a long time in rugby terms. Plenty will change before then.
And can you think of a better time to beat the curse? Besides they don't need to beat Australia. They just need to beat England.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:17 pm

Sorry, thought Scrumpy had just plucked up the courage to write a thread about England losing to Wales again in the last 6 Nations…..my mistake, should shave relayed it was just an attempt to get a rise

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by doctornickolas Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:20 pm

I think its time for Wales to make some changes to move forward.

Mike Phillips has to go. Rhodri Williams when he came on was so much quicker getting the ball away and it made a massive difference.

Tipuric has to play. We constantly turn the ball over at the ruck because we are just so slow at following the ball carrier in. Tipuric deserves to start at 7. Where does that leave Sam. Maybe as a 6. I didn't see Warburton at all today. Maybe you pick these 2 as 6 and 7 and leave Dan out. If it's a tight call then it should go to the players who play in Wales, isn't that what they say.

Rhodri Jones is not ready to be an international tighthead at this level. Our scrum was so much better once he went off. He is mostly playing at Premiership level so not really his fault that he is not up to speed.

Wales once again beat themselves by not doing the basics well enough. So many lost or poor lineouts, so many turnovers at the ruck. these things should be second nature but unless we get these right everything else falls apart.

doctornickolas

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 30 Nov 2013, 7:23 pm

Scratch wrote:Sorry, thought Scrumpy had just plucked up the courage to write a thread about England losing to Wales again in the last 6  Nations…..my mistake, should shave relayed it was just an attempt to get a rise
Mate it was a great test match, cooper was fantastic talk about that and not one result from last season!

thumbsup 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 30 Nov 2013, 8:40 pm

So have wales moved forward since the Lions series?

I think it fair to say aus have.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Toast Sat 30 Nov 2013, 8:43 pm

Utterly pathetic from Wales. Must be the most overrated team in world rugby. Without North and Halfpenny they'd be about as useless as Scotland.

And was Warburton playing or auditioning for the role of the Invisible Man?

Toast

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sat 30 Nov 2013, 8:52 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Sounds like we could've done with JD2 in all seriousness. Maybe North wouldn't have kept coming in defensively (apparently)?

Congrats Aus.
Cheers Rev. Ale 
Yeah, you missed JD2. Wallabies tried to exploit this but with mixed success.
I still think Wales is potentially a very dangerous team. Twickenham will be another tough match in 2015

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 30 Nov 2013, 8:53 pm

I wouldn't say that toast, but there is an issue there, I also think it's fair to say that if wales were playing England today then I think wales would have won.

2015 rwc might be very interesting but it is a shame that the 3rd, 4th and 5th best teams in the world are in the same group
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:07 pm

North was immense but thought he was exposed a few times in defence which would make me a little nervous playing him at 13.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:14 pm

I'm really hoping Ewen Mckenzie can help the booze brothers JOC and Kurtley Beale tame their demons like he did with QC . When on form in the same backline those three are any defenses worst nightmare. 2015 group stage will be ever so interesting

On a plus side , the depth the Wallabies are building in their backline is very scary .
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by fa0019 Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:16 pm

Scrumpy wrote:I wouldn't say that toast, but there is an issue there, I also think it's fair to say that if wales were playing England today then I think wales would have won.

2015 rwc might be very interesting but it is a shame that the 3rd, 4th and 5th best teams in the world are in the same group
Not so sure about England comment. England bossed this same Aus side whereas Wales were very poor come ruck retention and for 65 mins were constantly under the cosh. warburton was heavily bested by hopper.  I thought they tackled their hearts out but the aus back row took them to school a little.

fa0019

Back to top Go down

Post by Toast Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:17 pm

Wales should just give up playing the Southern Hemisphere. They are not good enough and are just embarrassing themselves.

Toast

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:20 pm

England don't have the same threat of the Aussie back line, the English and welsh forwards are a lot more even than their last game against each other showed.

I also think the welsh defence would boss England
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by tomhughesnice Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:23 pm

Scrumpy wrote:England don't have the same threat of the Aussie back line, the English and welsh forwards are a lot more even than their last game against each other showed.

I also think the welsh defence would boss England
Why are you talking about England?

tomhughesnice

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sat 30 Nov 2013, 9:26 pm

Read the other posts!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by majesticimperialman Sat 30 Nov 2013, 10:08 pm

I know the ball/buck should stop with Gatland. But is this straight loss of 9 (ALL DOWN TOO HIM?)

I do feel Wales need some team changes to go forward. players like Mike Phillips, will he be around or in the team come RWC 2015? Should Warburton be the Captain? Why does Tipuric not start? mainly comes on from the bench?

Is it really worth changing your head coach "NOW" what about the Likes of Howley, Mcbride, Edwards. Surely they should go before the head coach does?

majesticimperialman

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sun 01 Dec 2013, 2:05 am

Wasn't Howley in charge for a fair few of those losses?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by doctor_grey Sun 01 Dec 2013, 2:13 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:Wasn't Howley in charge for a fair few of those losses?
As an adopted Welshman this loss must be killing you.

doctor_grey

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Sun 01 Dec 2013, 7:19 am

glorious

you smell of rises

Meat trombone soloist

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 01 Dec 2013, 7:44 am

Yesterday had to hurt if you're a Welshman. English beat them at 7s, Arsenal thrash Cardiff followed by Australia schooling them at Union. A bad, bad day indeed.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by BigTrevsbigmac Sun 01 Dec 2013, 7:53 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/wales-v-australia-meet-man-6352761

Should have stuck to wendyball!

BigTrevsbigmac

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 01 Dec 2013, 8:19 am

Apart from Hibbard and North each Australian outplayed his Welsh counterpart.If Gatland is to blame for this I cannot see it!
I agree with the school of thought that we want the win too much and our processes get befuddled as a consequence.A top level Sports Psychologist is needed pronto!
Can someone please clarify this "momentum" mambo-jumbo?Surely if a pass is made on one side of a line and is received on the other side of the line it has gone forward?It seems pretty obvious to me.Am I being twp?

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 01 Dec 2013, 8:25 am

I agree about this forward pass rubbish. Surely if the ball goes forward then it has to be a forward pass. Sounds like a new law to satisfy the nzers. They always score at least one try a match off a forward pass

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sun 01 Dec 2013, 8:57 am

englandglory4ever wrote:I agree about this forward pass rubbish. Surely if the ball goes forward then it has to be a forward pass. Sounds like a new law to satisfy the nzers. They always score at least one try a match off a forward pass
No if the player is moving forward at fifteen miles an hour and passes the ball back at ten miles per hour momentum means the ball will move forwards at five miles per hour. The rules are quite clear it is the direction of the hands in playing the ball not where the ball ends up that is the deciding factor.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 01 Dec 2013, 9:02 am

This is a very bad rule. Only a game with a tmo can police such a stupid rule.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Exiledinborders Sun 01 Dec 2013, 9:05 am

HammerofThunor wrote:
BigTrevsbigmac wrote:
And can you think of a better time to beat the curse? Besides they don't need to beat Australia. They just need to beat England.
Although that might describe accurately the limit of Welsh fans' ambition that does not guarantee qualification. If England beat Australia and England, Wales and Australia each win their other matches then it is down to bonus points or points difference.

Exiledinborders

Back to top Go down

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 01 Dec 2013, 9:10 am

Exiledinborders wrote:
englandglory4ever wrote:I agree about this forward pass rubbish. Surely if the ball goes forward then it has to be a forward pass. Sounds like a new law to satisfy the nzers. They always score at least one try a match off a forward pass
No if the player is moving forward at fifteen miles an hour and passes the ball back at ten miles per hour momentum means the ball will move forwards at five miles per hour. The rules are quite clear it is the direction of the hands in playing the ball not where the ball ends up that is the deciding factor.

Are you telling me that if a player throws a Hail Mary pass and his hands are directed backwards and a howling wind takes it ten yards forward it would not be deemed a forward pass these days?The world has gone totally Gaga!!Shocked 

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Taylorman Sun 01 Dec 2013, 9:13 am

englandglory4ever wrote:This is a very bad rule. Only a game with a tmo can police such a stupid rule.
If you were to use your brain a little you would see its not a stupid rule. If passes were ruled by point to point as forward half the tries scored would be ruled out and we'd be watching videos all day.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Sun 01 Dec 2013, 9:37 am

Wales created plenty, but aside from North couldn't finish any of them. If North was to miss the 6Ns then I think Wales would be in trouble.

Lots to be positive about though, you boys created a lot more then England did against similar teams this AIs and when it comes to the 6Ns I think you cab expect good things.

One last thing, watching the natch yesterday I really thought your backrow offered little go forward. Perhaps it's time for a change now? I just don't see what your 8 offers other then a high tackle count? He was nailed by the Wallaboed every time he got the ball and close to the line only went backwards.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Sun 01 Dec 2013, 9:45 am

Toby had more tackles than Sam and Dan combined I think, tips has to start IMO he always has an impact when he comes on and I think Sams captaincy is at an end
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Dontheman Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:26 am

TRY HARD FAIL HARD TRY HARDER FAIL HARDER

Dontheman

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:30 am

Taylorman wrote:
englandglory4ever wrote:This is a very bad rule. Only a game with a tmo can police such a stupid rule.
If you were to use your brain a little you would see its not a stupid rule. If passes were ruled by point to point as forward half the tries scored would be ruled out and we'd be watching videos all day.
If all you do is watch rugby on Tele where it takes a tmo to replay a pass 5 or 6 times to decide if it was forward or not then you ain't in the real world mate. Most games are played with one ref and touch judges without comms. They've got no chance with such a stupid rule.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Bullsbok Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:33 am

I dont see whats so hard to understand about the forward pass rule. the ball is always going to travel forward from where it was released because the players are sprinting forward. Whats so hard to understand .
Bullsbok
Bullsbok

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:38 am

What's so hard to understand that it's only possible to have such a rule when you have 50 tv cameras around the ground?

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:41 am

yappysnap wrote:Wales created plenty, but aside from North couldn't finish any of them. If North was to miss the 6Ns then I think Wales would be in trouble.

Lots to be positive about though, you boys created a lot more then England did against similar teams this AIs and when it comes to the 6Ns I think you cab expect good things.

One last thing, watching the natch yesterday I really thought your backrow offered little go forward. Perhaps it's time for a change now? I just don't see what your 8 offers other then a high tackle count? He was nailed by the Wallaboed every time he got the ball and close to the line only went backwards.
That is why England didn't ship so many tries or give away so many penalties, the kept the game tight and did not allow the Aus backs the room to do their thing. If you do you are usually onto a hiding.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Back to top Go down

Post by Blueschief Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:44 am

We lost fair n square, the scoreline does not suggest how poor we actually were, lucky we weren't thumped.

Blueschief

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 01 Dec 2013, 11:44 am

It was only a friendly... Whistle 

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Sun 01 Dec 2013, 4:03 pm

yappysnap wrote:

Not sure who you've been watching. Faletau has a good technique of stepping out of tackles and going forward. I'd say he's more of a 7, but think he's good enough at No.8. Ryan Jones still looks the part and gives us a big carrier going forward but I'm not sure if he can last all game nowadays. Personally I would have put Warbs to 6 and Tips at 7 to counter Hooper. And now is certainly the time to install AWJ as captain.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down