The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had Folau's pass bounced...

+21
RuggerRadge2611
lostinwales
Mr Fishpaste
dummy_half
Pal Joey
aucklandlaurie
Portnoy's Complaint
mckay1402
blackcanelion
Rugby Fan
Icu
No 7&1/2
majesticimperialman
Barney McGrew did it
Biltong
ChequeredJersey
HammerofThunor
OzT
quinsforever
GloriousEmpire
butterfingers
25 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Had Folau's pass bounced... - Page 4 Empty Had Folau's pass bounced...

Post by butterfingers Mon 2 Dec 2013 - 8:38

First topic message reminder :

I know there are lots of people who fell strongly one way or another about the 'forward pass' but I thought I'd just pose the question...

Had Folau's pass bounced before being picked up and scored what should the call have been?

butterfingers

Back to top Go down

Had Folau's pass bounced... - Page 4 Empty Re: Had Folau's pass bounced...

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 3:51

HammerofThunor wrote:
butterfingers wrote:
HammerofThunor wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:I have to say, an awful lot of fuss from some Welsh fans who weren't interested in the AB claims that barnes had missed a much more obvious forward pass in a game in 2007...

I wonder where their concern for a technological marvel that can destroy a planet and spot a forward pass was then?
I don't think any Welsh fans have talked about a technological marvel.

Did we ever find out what difference the bounce makes? Sorry to get back on topic. Is the ball touching the ground got anything to do with where it's a loses of control or a pass? Do REALLY crap passers (i.e. English centres) never actually complete actual passes as they have so little control over the ball?
Apparently had the ball touched the floor it would've been given as a knock on.
According to who? A room of refs? Why?
According to his invisible friend that reassures him everything will be ok. picard

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 3:55

GloriousEmpire wrote:I have to say, an awful lot of fuss from some Welsh fans who weren't interested in the AB claims that barnes had missed a much more obvious forward pass in a game in 2007...

I wonder where their concern for a technological marvel that can destroy a planet and spot a forward pass was then?

There's been no welsh posters in this thread for a while now GE, apart from me and I agree it wasn't forward.

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 3:58

Griff wrote:

There's been no welsh posters in this thread for a while now GE, apart from me and I agree it wasn't forward.
Apologies. Fixed.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 4:10

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:As this is only ever a matter that can be resolved satisfactorily in TV-broadcast matches, surely it is not beyond the wit of man to adapt the Hawkeye system to track the path of the ball to display the motion of the ball.

More inexplicable for me though is how Amazon can deliver a bracelet from China for my daughter's Christmas stocking filler for 59p gross.
Can't wait for them to introduce deliveries by octocopters, might move to the Heathrow area just to keep the pilots on their toes.

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by englandglory4ever Wed 4 Dec 2013 - 8:00

I don't know what everyone is going on about. The pass to George North for the first try was forward. Just as much as the Aus try. Swings and roundabouts. The Welsh have got nothing to moan about.

englandglory4ever

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4