The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

If the PRL are to be taken seriously...

+4
HammerofThunor
broadlandboy
quinsforever
Portnoy's Complaint
8 posters

Go down

If the PRL are to be taken seriously... Empty If the PRL are to be taken seriously...

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 04 Dec 2013, 6:36 pm

Why don't they force sides to publish fully independently audited books to ensure that they don't violate the internal rules (like wage caps)?

It would only take a majority vote and it would appease doubters of various suspicious interested parties.

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

If the PRL are to be taken seriously... Empty Re: If the PRL are to be taken seriously...

Post by quinsforever Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:05 pm

i'm sure they do already. all companies have to file audited annual reports with companies house.

and no matter how good the auditor what it wouldnt catch is payments that are off the club's books.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

If the PRL are to be taken seriously... Empty Re: If the PRL are to be taken seriously...

Post by broadlandboy Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:25 pm

Payments from outside the club (sponsers/sugar daddies or their companies) would not show up.

broadlandboy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:34 pm

Can they ask for the players' records?

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Portnoy's Complaint Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:46 pm

quinsforever wrote:i'm sure they do already. all companies have to file audited annual reports with companies house.

and no matter how good the auditor what it wouldnt catch is payments that are off the club's books.
Are Private limited companies required to file audited annual reports?
And what about clubs held under an umbrella holding public company?

Also the Tigers are registered in the Channel Islands (although they do publish pretty full reports for shareholders).

Portnoy's Complaint

Back to top Go down

Post by quinsforever Wed 04 Dec 2013, 7:56 pm

Portnoy's Complaint wrote:
quinsforever wrote:i'm sure they do already. all companies have to file audited annual reports with companies house.

Also the Tigers are registered in the Channel Islands (although they do publish pretty full reports for shareholders).
dunno. think it depends on what they do, how complex they are, shareholder structure, etc.

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Dec 2013, 8:26 pm

Weren't you the one bigging yourself up as a finance expert when you joined this site Quins?

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 04 Dec 2013, 8:41 pm

All limited companies registered in the UK have to file accounts at companies house, whether they are audited or not depends entirely on size though I'd be surprised if any club didn't meet those thresholds. Even then those audits would never be focussed on checking the salary cap.

The PRL has an independent arm that enforces the salary cap and carries out forensic audits. The issue being that this year was the first year they disclosed anything and even then they told us sweet sod all other than a couple of fines for minor breaches had occurred. I do like the NFL method where all deals are in the public domain.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sin é Wed 04 Dec 2013, 8:52 pm

quinsforever wrote:
Portnoy's Complaint wrote:

dunno. think it depends on what they do, how complex they are, shareholder structure, etc.
Tigers are registered in England.

Leicester Football Club PLC (Peter Wheeler is director)
Turnover:  17,333,000 (30 June 2012)
Operating Profit: -1,542,000    (Loss last year).
Net worth: 20.5M
Tax: 231,000

A lot of information available on www.duedil.com
Sin é
Sin é

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 04 Dec 2013, 9:06 pm

Profit for this year of 390k announced at AGM last week.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Wed 04 Dec 2013, 9:14 pm

I would have thought most results won't be published until after the new year.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Thu 05 Dec 2013, 6:47 pm

Just depends what they define as profit I suppose.

I'd really like it if they adopted the US approach on salary disclosures. Each club submits their salary cap figures to the NFL/MLB and those figures are available for all to see.

And none of this crap about x amount is for playing and then y is for image/merchandising rights.  It's all generated off the basis that these people are professional athletes and should count towards the cap.  And if the cap needs to be adjusted for the real world then fine.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum