The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hybrid contests in which you'd like to see Union players involved

+7
Rugby Fan
rodders
SecretFly
Mr Bounce
GunsGerms
Galted
kiakahaaotearoa
11 posters

Go down

Hybrid contests in which you'd like to see Union players involved Empty Hybrid contests in which you'd like to see Union players involved

Post by kiakahaaotearoa Fri 13 Dec 2013, 8:06 am

There is a proposed hybrid contest between the Wallabies and the Great Britain rugby league side at Wembley I believe. The first half will have 15 players and union laws and the second half with 13 players and league laws. The jokes are obvious so I will anticipate two of them: the Wallaby scrum will be dominated. The England union backline will know how to play in the second half but will need instruction on how to play in the first half. What isn't clear is that if two players are sent off in the first half will they only come out with 11 in the second half.

Anyway it seems a desperate money grabbing exercise and disrupts completely the Walkaby off season so Id be livid if AIG organized an event in December in the US.

But this hybrid contest does nothing for me. It got me thinking what would peak my curiosity.
Pl
1. Football. Same rules as the round ball variety except you can tackle like in union.

2. American football. Same rules as American football but no protection pads.

3. WWF Olympic wrestling Boxing Cage Fighting. Rugby union in appearance but there are no rules.

4. Union vs Women's Beach Volleyball. Muddy pitch. Rugby union rules but no ball.

5. Cycling, Wheelchair Rugby, BMX. Rugby union rules except you must be on two wheels to score. Just watching penalties and conversions would be worth the price of admission.

Which hybrid contests would you like to see?

kiakahaaotearoa

Back to top Go down

Hybrid contests in which you'd like to see Union players involved Empty Re: Hybrid contests in which you'd like to see Union players involved

Post by Galted Fri 13 Dec 2013, 8:50 am

Football and shooting
Formula One and shooting
Athletics and shooting
etc

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Hybrid contests in which you'd like to see Union players involved Empty Re: Hybrid contests in which you'd like to see Union players involved

Post by GunsGerms Fri 13 Dec 2013, 10:27 am

Ireland and Australia already play a hybrid match every year. Aussie rules/GAA.

Ireland and Scotland also play a hybrid hurling/shinty match.

I would like to see a hybrid GAA/football match or rugby/american football.

In Spain they play a hybrid tennis/squash game called paddle. Its good fun.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 13 Dec 2013, 11:09 am

I would like to see a hybrid of wendyball and that bull-running thing they do in Spain where they let loose a whole load of bulls in the street.

It wouldn't last long but it would be entertaining.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 13 Dec 2013, 11:23 am

Mr Bounce wrote:I would like to see a hybrid of wendyball and that bull-running thing they do in Spain where they let loose a whole load of bulls in the street.

It wouldn't last long but it would be entertaining.

The do it in France already. Its called course landaise. Its not typically meant to involve football but I have been a couple of times where as a novelty they have invited members of the crowd to play a game of football and then they released the bull.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Dec 2013, 12:34 pm

Rugby Union players and the Great British bake off

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 13 Dec 2013, 1:12 pm

Hybrid archery and Tennis.

The tennis player constantly tries to get aces, the archer keeps preventing him by bulseyeing every ball that tries to get across the net.

Oh.......... as an addition: If the archer has a John McEnroe anger meltdown moment............ new umpire will be needed + a new opponent.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by rodders Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:29 pm

Rugby and Golf.

That way we could get a back 3 of McIlroy, GMac and Harrington with Clarke in the backrow. Rather than take a conversion the scoring team would get a double or quits shot at hole in one.
rodders
rodders

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:35 pm

We should combine rugby with the Tomatina tomato throwing-festival, so it looks more like carnage and we can all play fast a loose with the blood replacement rules.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Fri 13 Dec 2013, 2:37 pm

rodders wrote:Rugby and Golf.

That way we could get a back 3 of McIlroy, GMac and Harrington with Clarke in the backrow. Rather than take a conversion the scoring team would get a double or quits shot at hole in one.  

On their recent form????? It'll feel like we're back in the endtimes of Kidney's reign!

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Fri 13 Dec 2013, 4:29 pm

rollerskates and rugby should be a laugh

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by GunsGerms Fri 13 Dec 2013, 4:51 pm

jimmyinthewell68 wrote:rollerskates and rugby should be a laugh

If it was skateboarding and rugby Aaron Cruden and Jimmy Gopperth would be really good. Both are big in to skateboarding.

GunsGerms

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 14 Dec 2013, 5:21 am

Kia.
Can we have spear tackling in the "cage fighting"? it would be right up the alley of some that I know.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Sat 14 Dec 2013, 4:42 pm

Every year I invite the Swedish women's hand ball team and Brazilian ladies beach volley ball team to compete in the international outdoor topless marathon tiddlywinks championship final in my back yard.

Aside from living in hope that never eventuates, as an approved international sporting venue it allows me to flout thames water's annual "there's a drought coming." Water ban.

Genius, but if someone could actually lend some sponsorship funding im sure I could get the competition actually running. Couple of million should do it. If you all chip in...

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Hood83 Mon 16 Dec 2013, 9:38 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:Every year I invite the Swedish women's hand ball team and Brazilian ladies beach volley ball team to compete in the international outdoor topless marathon tiddlywinks championship final in my back yard.

Aside from living in hope that never eventuates, as an approved international sporting venue it allows me to flout thames water's annual "there's a drought coming." Water ban.

Genius, but if someone could actually lend some sponsorship funding im sure I could get the competition actually running. Couple of million should do it. If you all chip in...

Bank details...?

Hood83

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down