The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Predictions for top 6 at the end of the season

+9
mystiroakey
socal1976
Duty281
J.Benson II
Born Slippy
Hammersmith harrier
Dolphin Ziggler
NickisBHAFC
It Must Be Love
13 posters

Go down

Predictions for top 6 at the end of the season Empty Predictions for top 6 at the end of the season

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Dec 2013, 9:43 pm

My Prediction:

1. Manchester City - yes their away record has been abysmal, but I back them to turn it around away from home and win the title relatively comfortably

2. Chelsea - Have played quite poorly in the first half of the season, but somehow Mourhino manages to get them very close to top spot. Realistically I think they need a top striker to challenge Manchester City for the title, but are there any good ones around and available in January? I think they'll sneak second place.

3. Arsenal - Flair team who have played some great football this season, but yet still look vulnerable at times. Neck and neck with Chelsea for second place, but I think they'll fall just short- despite playing better football throughout the season.

4. Liverpool - Suarez has been on stunning form, but it's not just him I've been impressed by. Even Henderson is playing well this season ! However overall I don't think they'll have the consistency to finish in the top 3, but finishing 4th will still be a mighty achievement for Rodgers.

5. Manchester United - Finishing outside the top 4 with a new manager after winning the title, I predict a bit of a disaster season for United. I think personally Woodward has to take his share of the blame for what has happened so far- their squad look out of their depth and they will need to reinvest next summer. Unless Van Persie gets fit and firing like last year, I don't see them finishing in the top 4.

6. Everton - I think Everton with Martinez at the helm have played great football so far this year, and I fancy them to grab 6th place. I did think Spurs a few weeks ago, but after hiring Sherwood who has no top level managerial experience, while sacking AVB who had achieved Spurs' record points tally last season and had the highest win ratio out of any Spurs manager in the club's history- I think Everton will edge Spurs.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Predictions for top 6 at the end of the season Empty Re: Predictions for top 6 at the end of the season

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 23 Dec 2013, 10:47 pm

Yep i agree with all of that.

Maybe Swap Arsenal and Chelsea around, but Arsenal do seem to bottle the big games.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Predictions for top 6 at the end of the season Empty Re: Predictions for top 6 at the end of the season

Post by It Must Be Love Mon 23 Dec 2013, 11:25 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:Yep i agree with all of that.

Maybe Swap Arsenal and Chelsea around, but Arsenal do seem to bottle the big games.
I just feel Chelsea haven't peaked yet, but are still very close to the top.

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:05 am

Much how I feel Starlight.

City - They have the best team and squad. In a league where now centre back pairing is that stand out, they may have the best centre back in the league on form, although Kompany does have a rick in him. The attacking talent is absurd, Fernandinho has proved a solid buy in midfield and they have a mixture of the juggernaut that wins a title and the flair that opens up teams too.

Chelsea - This could easily interchange with Arsenal, but I think Chelsea will get better. As Starlight says, they need a striker but will they get one? As with City, they really know how to grind it out.

Arsenal - Where Chelsea will grind it out, Arsenal are so good compared to the hangers on in the Premier League that they may well find they don't need to. Key will be whether Giroud can find goals again and if Ramsey form continues all season, its dipping off a touch already. No surprise to see them second, will have to beat City and Chelsea to win the league I feel.

Liverpool - Suarez. The others are playing well, but Suarez or bust.

Man United - I think it's coming. I think Rooney is player of the season so far and slowly the groove will come. For all that was made of losing to Newcastle and Everton, I really think they could and should have won both games. People keep predicting they'll click into gear, whilst it hasnt happened yet the signs are there. A little reinforcement might lift things too.

Everton - More than any other season, I think they look incredible. But its a damn weird league. We havent looked like beating many teams this year, but they would have lost at our place if not for two great Baines freekicks. Lukaku is the piece they have long been looking for, but quality is abundant this year.

After that will be Tottenham and the Toon.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:38 am

I'm fairly certain we'll still get top, for all our failings so far this season the others really haven't capitalised on that and the top four will start to take points off eachother which makes the 8 point gap more than bridgeable.

Man City- Away form is patchy but at home look different class to everyone else
Chelsea- Last swansong for a few of the squad, will grind out victories despite lacking real flair going forward
Man Utd- Rooney could single handedly drag us back into contention and a few of the others like Valencia and Welbeck are finding form, the wildcard in Januzaj will help pick up points against the lesser sides.
Arsenal- Look good on the ball as they usually do but I have serious reservations about the mentality of the squad, not enough steel to compete over the full season
Liverpool- Suarez is playing magnificently but he can't do it on his own, rest of the squad doesn't quite look up to it.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Born Slippy Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:59 am

1. City - best squad and lethal going forwards. Can't see the away day blues lasting

2. Chelsea - dull but effective

3. Liverpool - best striker in the world and half a title winning squad.

4. Spurs - awesome midfield depth. Soldado will come good

5. United - look to be building steam. Can see them being within a few points of top after their upcoming matches.

6. Everton - seriously impressive but can Barkley keep going all season?

Born Slippy

Back to top Go down

Post by It Must Be Love Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:22 pm

Born Slippy- what about Arsenal Wink

It Must Be Love

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Tue 24 Dec 2013, 12:48 pm

Very hard to predict as I don't think there will be much points to seperate the top five come end of the season. I don't think any team is going to pull clear of their rivals either.
At a guess, my top four would be:

1) Chelsea - will probably get a top CF in January and so should continue to churn out the victories. It won't be pretty though and they could be the most uninspired PL champions ever.

2) City - Firepower will give them a massive goals tally but I can see their away form remaning inconsistent at best.

3) Arsenal - Like Chelsea, badly need a quality foward. Will struggle against the better teams as expected but a habit of dispatching the lesser sides should see them in the title race.

4) Liverpool - Have the best player in the PL and overall, possess a solid and under-rated squad. Should be good enough for a top four finish.

5) United - A few good signings in Winter could ignite them, but a manager at who at times appears to lack a winning mentality may cost them. Currently just look little better than Moyes' previous Everton sides.

6) Everton - Hard to beat and entertaining to watch. Dropping points with draws could cost them a higher finish.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Sun 29 Dec 2013, 5:59 pm

Big wins for Chelsea and Arsenal today make it a top three and then 4 more chasing 4th.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 29 Dec 2013, 6:02 pm

Only 9 points separate the top eight. You feel Newcastle will drop away soon, but any of the remaining seven can still win the Premiership or, at the very least, finish in the top four - remarkable really since we're halfway through the season.

I'd say Chelsea and City for places 1 and 2, but places 3-7? Nigh-on impossible to predict.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by socal1976 Mon 30 Dec 2013, 2:22 am

Duty281 wrote:Only 9 points separate the top eight. You feel Newcastle will drop away soon, but any of the remaining seven can still win the Premiership or, at the very least, finish in the top four - remarkable really since we're halfway through the season.

I'd say Chelsea and City for places 1 and 2, but places 3-7? Nigh-on impossible to predict.

No way Everton or Spuds win the league.

1. City

2. Arsenal

3. Chelsea

4. Liverpool

5. united

6. Everton

City and Chelsea are the most talented, but I wouldn't be surprised if Arsenal won it. They have had huge injury issues this year and getting Podolski, Walcott, and all the players back and incorporated in the squad will make them better in the second half then they were in the first half. Mourinho is awful, I hate watching his teams. Loved watching Chelsea's young talent under Benitez and Di matteo, by the way the coach that lead them to the Champion's league title the biggest trophy in club football. Mourinho almost made Real madrid boring to watch but with Ronaldo and Ozil he just couldn't work hard enough to destroy football with them. That being said he gets results and that is what a manager is measured by, still I hope he fails wherever he manages. Man City are a great side to watch, absolutely loaded and I wouldn't be surprised to see them pull the league and maybe even the CL.

If Arsenal get a great striker in January, which I admit is highly unlikely then send over the league the title to the Emirates and lets not waste any time about it.

socal1976

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 05 Jan 2014, 9:03 pm

1. Arsenal. sticking with them to top the PL. The midfield is just outstanding. so much depth there- Injury's will not affect this team as much as others.

2. Citeh can play better and more destructive football than arsernal but arnt a team that can go on proven runs. Lose aguero or kompany and they could be vunerable.

3. Chelsea- what can i say the best of the rest. Mourinhio is a great manager.

4. man united. They will scrap it , to o much talent in rooney, rvp, junazi, jones and carrick. liverpool fans will be in pain.

5. Liverpool . Suraez is great but they also have plenty of other stars shining. Just to lightweight though

6. Everton. Great team. Play amazing football in the context of the rest of the league

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sun 05 Jan 2014, 9:04 pm

7. Newcastle

8. Swansea

9. Tottenham(yep I know!! but still )

PS: I think a gooner has brainwashed me

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Sun 05 Jan 2014, 9:06 pm

1. Man Citeh
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. United
6. Everton
7. Spurs < going for we're score one more goal then you relies on having a good defense they don't without Vertonghen

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by TopoftheChops Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:22 am

Hammersmith harrier wrote:I'm fairly certain we'll still get top, for all our failings so far this season the others really haven't capitalised on that and the top four will start to take points off eachother which makes the 8 point gap more than bridgeable.

Man City- Away form is patchy but at home look different class to everyone else
Chelsea- Last swansong for a few of the squad, will grind out victories despite lacking real flair going forward
Man Utd- Rooney could single handedly drag us back into contention and a few of the others like Valencia and Welbeck are finding form, the wildcard in Januzaj will help pick up points against the lesser sides.
Arsenal- Look good on the ball as they usually do but I have serious reservations about the mentality of the squad, not enough steel to compete over the full season
Liverpool- Suarez is playing magnificently but he can't do it on his own, rest of the squad doesn't quite look up to it.

If you're from hammersmith, why do you support man utd?

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Mon 06 Jan 2014, 10:53 am

Dont think he is.

City
Chelsea
Arsenal
Utd
Liverpool
Everton/Spurs/

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by lfc91 Mon 06 Jan 2014, 1:59 pm

1. City
2. Chelsea
3. Arsenal
4. Liverpool
5. Everton
6. Spurs
7. United.

Some people may see this as biased (me being a liverpool fan and all) but this is probably the weakest first team/squad united have had in relation to the other top teams in around 20 years! That coupled with the new manager and the fact that the old fear factor of going to old trafford seemingly having left with fergie, makes me think this will be a very rough year for united. (however i am notoriously bad at predicting league finishes so fully expect to be wrong!)

lfc91

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down