The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW SIGNINGS

+10
bedfordwelsh
mrzimmerman
munkian
dragon4life
Welshmushroom
Breadvan
Cardiff Dave
wayne
Jhamer25
thespreys
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

NEW SIGNINGS - Page 2 Empty NEW SIGNINGS

Post by thespreys Wed 01 Jan 2014, 7:56 pm

First topic message reminder :

How can Dragons sign Sam Lewis from Ospreys on 2 year deal when nobody knows if there are going to be any regions at end of season.I smell a rat seems like some sort of underhanded deal has been done with WRU, furious furious furious 

thespreys

Back to top Go down

NEW SIGNINGS - Page 2 Empty Re: NEW SIGNINGS

Post by munkian Fri 03 Jan 2014, 2:16 pm

Although it does say 'signed a new deal' on the Dragon's website too.

The whole 'playing for my HOME region' is a cheap way of unburning bridges
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by wayne Fri 03 Jan 2014, 2:35 pm

This is like the Jonno Gibbes story and Lynn was involved in that as well, it was obviously a VERBAL agreement until the Os found out, and he wanted to stay with the Region who found him and made him into the player we see today

wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by dragon999 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 2:40 pm

Dragons website says signed a two year contract - i suspect he just changed his mind & the Dragons (benevolently) said ok,your bad,we'll deal with it.Bit of a bummer mind,gonna be a good player!

dragon999

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 03 Jan 2014, 2:47 pm

Lucky we have plenty of backrow players - he'll just be Tipuric's understudy
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jan 2014, 3:04 pm

It is fair to say he probably isn't going to get selected for Wales understudying Tips. I get loyalty, but then he should look at Rhodri Jones' alleged stance and not get his head turned at all.

I wonder if he is represented by an agent and that's part of the problem (Fishing for new deals)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 3:06 pm

That's a shame, the Dragons will still be strong with Lewis Evans and Cudd though. It happened last season as well with that South African lock who was suppose to have signed for the Dragons.
Just use the money to but a bigger/ stronger front 5 now.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Fri 03 Jan 2014, 3:10 pm

Its a pitty but not the end of the world for us, I suspect an agent is involved somewhere
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seagultaf Fri 03 Jan 2014, 6:32 pm

dragon999 wrote:I believe all regions have historic debt i.e. the Dragons have the debt incurred by Mr Hazel & Mr Brown for the Bisley facility which they underight & is now paying it's way very well by all accounts - Think the O's & Blues may be in small profit going by something i read in the WM the other day but again i belive they too have historic debt for varying reasons - Scarlets mmm not sure to be honest,people say they are up to their eyes in it,others say not.

Only the Ospreys escaped the historic debt, as both their founder clubs (Swansea & Neath) declared bankruptcy. I suspect that the Dragons are the only Region even close to breaking even at present and that's because they have a much lower self imposed salary cap than the other Regions. The Ospreys are still paying the price for their Galaticos days, I seem to remember reading that they lost £2M last season!

Seagultaf

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Fri 03 Jan 2014, 11:34 pm

Seagultaf wrote:
dragon999 wrote:I believe all regions have historic debt i.e. the Dragons have the debt incurred by Mr Hazel & Mr Brown for the Bisley facility which they underight & is now paying it's way very well by all accounts - Think the O's & Blues may be in small profit going by something i read in the WM the other day but again i belive they too have historic debt for varying reasons - Scarlets mmm not sure to be honest,people say they are up to their eyes in it,others say not.

Only the Ospreys escaped the historic debt, as both their founder clubs (Swansea & Neath) declared bankruptcy. I suspect that the Dragons are the only Region even close to breaking even at present and that's because they have a much lower self imposed salary cap than the other Regions. The Ospreys are still paying the price for their Galaticos days, I seem to remember reading that they lost £2M last season!

I agree with dragon999 thought, i'm pretty sure i read something about the dragons breaking even/ or near to even

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 04 Jan 2014, 12:04 am

mrzimmerman wrote:The key quote from Sam says it all;

"I am 100 per cent committed to the Ospreys and I'd like to apologise for any confusion caused by recent statements which coincided with a brief period of uncertainty on my part,"

Bit of a lower scale Xavier Rush incident I'd say.

Except Xav was going to move to a better team, but didn't in the end and I believe it cost him big bucks to stay where he was in Penarth, Cardiff.

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Cardiff Dave Sat 04 Jan 2014, 12:12 am

Jhamer25 wrote:
Seagultaf wrote:

I agree with dragon999 thought, i'm pretty sure i read something about the dragons breaking even/ or near to even

I guess Cardiff will be the only team out of the 4, making a profit then and the new grass cost £400k.
Did the WRU pitch in?

Cardiff Dave

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2