The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who should wear 10 for Scotland?

2 posters

Go down

Who do you think should wear ten for Scotland in the 6 Nations 2014?

Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_lcap0%Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_lcap80%Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]
Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_lcap10%Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_lcap10%Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_rcap 10% 
[ 1 ]
Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_lcap0%Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Empty Who should wear 10 for Scotland?

Post by Nematode Thu 09 Jan 2014, 7:07 pm

Who should wear 10 for Scotland?

With no SQ ten dominating at club level or really looking like they should own the ten jersey, who do people prefer to wear 10?

The possible contenders that I can think of (realistic) are in the poll above.

Given we'll have a good back division that can attack, I think we can effectively use a more attack orientated ten. Laidlaw also means we don't necessarily need a good goal kicker either.  

It'll probably be Laidlaw, X, Visser (If INJ, Seymour), Scott (If INJ, NDL), Dunbar, Maitland (or M to FB and SL to 14), Hogg that they'll play with.

*Hope this doesn't clog up the topics

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Who should wear 10 for Scotland? Empty Re: Who should wear 10 for Scotland?

Post by reallybored Thu 09 Jan 2014, 7:35 pm

The top teams play a lot of territory, so we should emulate them.

Jackson is erratic from hand but attacks well.

Heathcote has potential but very little game-time this year.

Leonard is too raw right now.

Weir has the best kicking game from hand and his distribution is fine.  With the likes of Scott & Hogg able to play 1st receiver, I think his strengths would benefit us most.  

Little point in spreading the ball to the wings if it's just outside our own 22.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Thu 09 Jan 2014, 7:44 pm

If George Ford becomes England's regular stand-off or 22, then surely Heathcote will be looking to move on for game time. And if he wants a look in for the RWC I'd think he'd have to move pretty soon.

I'd like to see Hogg kick more from range as Laidlaw really struggles with some simple 35-40m kicks just scraping over.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by reallybored Thu 09 Jan 2014, 8:09 pm

Nematode wrote:If George Ford becomes England's regular stand-off or 22, then surely Heathcote will be looking to move on for game time. And if he wants a look in for the RWC I'd think he'd have to move pretty soon.

I'd like to see Hogg kick more from range as Laidlaw really struggles with some simple 35-40m kicks just scraping over.
Heathcote has to move anyway, barely played any rugby this season.

Give Laidlaw credit, he's definitely one of the top goal kickers in the world currently. Gets criticised for distance but I seem to remember him slotting them from half-way against Wales last year.

reallybored

Back to top Go down

Post by Nematode Fri 10 Jan 2014, 10:34 am

reallybored wrote:
Nematode wrote:If George Ford becomes England's regular stand-off or 22, then surely Heathcote will be looking to move on for game time. And if he wants a look in for the RWC I'd think he'd have to move pretty soon.

Heathcote has to move anyway, barely played any rugby this season.

Give Laidlaw credit, he's definitely one of the top goal kickers in the world currently. Gets criticised for distance but I seem to remember him slotting them from half-way against Wales last year.

He is a great goal kicker but he islimited by range. He's great for conversions or anything up to 40m but after that the ball barely clears the crossbar.

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down