The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WALES SQUAD 2014 RBS 6 NATIONS:

+21
gatlandgun
majesticimperialman
Knowsit17
BigTrevsbigmac
nobbled
tatterd
Scratch
Jhamer25
wales606
welshy824 (new)
bedfordwelsh
maestegmafia
Liam
irnbrew
jimmyinthewell68
Scrumpy
The Saint
ScarletSpiderman
MarcusHalberstram
Comfort
munkian
25 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

WALES SQUAD 2014 RBS 6 NATIONS: - Page 7 Empty WALES SQUAD 2014 RBS 6 NATIONS:

Post by munkian Tue 14 Jan 2014, 2:05 pm

First topic message reminder :

WALES SQUAD 2014 RBS 6 NATIONS:

Forwards:
Paul James (Bath), Gethin Jenkins (Cardiff Blues), Ryan Bevington (Ospreys), Richard Hibbard (Ospreys), Ken Owens (Scarlets), Emyr Phillips (Scarlets), Adam Jones (Ospreys), Samson Lee (Scarlets), Rhodri Jones (Scarlets), Alun Wyn Jones (Ospreys), Luke Charteris (Perpignan), Ian Evans (Ospreys), Andrew Coombs (Dragons), Ryan Jones (Ospreys), Justin Tipuric (Ospreys), Sam Warburton Capt (Cardiff Blues), Toby Faletau (Dragons), Dan Lydiate (Racing Metro), Aaron Shingler (Scarlets)

Backs:
Rhodri Williams (Scarlets), Mike Phillips (Racing Metro), Rhys Webb (Ospreys), Dan Biggar (Ospreys), Rhys Priestland (Scarlets), James Hook (Perpignan), Jonathan Davies (Scarlets), Jamie Roberts (Racing Metro), Scott Williams (Scarlets), Alex Cuthbert (Cardiff Blues), George North (Northampton Saints), Leigh Halfpenny (Cardiff Blues), Liam Williams (Scarlets
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

WALES SQUAD 2014 RBS 6 NATIONS: - Page 7 Empty Re: WALES SQUAD 2014 RBS 6 NATIONS:

Post by maestegmafia Mon 27 Jan 2014, 6:24 pm

majesticimperialman wrote:This is slightly off topic. But the Welsh team/squad still go to Poland or Portugal. to train in the freezers before any big tournament?

No they have freezers in Wales now like the ones in Poland.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

WALES SQUAD 2014 RBS 6 NATIONS: - Page 7 Empty Re: WALES SQUAD 2014 RBS 6 NATIONS:

Post by bedfordwelsh Mon 27 Jan 2014, 6:25 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
majesticimperialman wrote:This is slightly off topic. But the Welsh team/squad still go to Poland or Portugal. to train in the freezers before any big tournament?

Don't need freezers just go to Dowlais Top coldest place ever
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 27 Jan 2014, 6:37 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Ha ha ha...!

You never played soccer against Blaengwynfi primary school as a kid then?

Their pitch on top of the hill in Abergwynfi must be the highest altitude pitch in Britain.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolklass Mon 27 Jan 2014, 9:55 pm

bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

Agreed, my gran is from Pengarnddu the abandoned village beyond Asda and it can be astonishingly cold there.

Norfolklass

Back to top Go down

Post by Jhamer25 Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:15 pm

maestegmafia wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:Bluddy brilliant. We just think in two years time we could have the biggest and most mobile second row pairing in the world with Jake and Alyn Wy Wink 
Both enforcers, both great around the park and give everything to their teams.
I would like to see him make a few appearances of the bench to gain some experience and get use to international rugby. has all the attributes that Alyn Wyn did a few years back. I hope this is the start of a good career.

I really look forward to seeing what he can do at this level... Davies injury and Evans misdemeanours might have created a very useful opportunity for Wales.

I can see Sampson Lee making the bench spot his own too.

Yep Hopefully, The three most important player sat the Scarlet's are Jake, Samson and Scott and I hope they all get there shots and perform as well as they have been for us. I have a feeling Rhodri will fill the bench spot though, Gatland is very fond on him.

Jhamer25

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Mon 27 Jan 2014, 10:28 pm

Jhamer25 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:Bluddy brilliant. We just think in two years time we could have the biggest and most mobile second row pairing in the world with Jake and Alyn Wy Wink 
I would like to see him make a few appearances of the bench to gain some experience and get use to international rugby. has all the attributes that Alyn Wyn did a few years back. I hope this is the start of a good career.

I really look forward to seeing what he can do at this level... Davies injury and Evans misdemeanours might have created a very useful opportunity for Wales.

Yep Hopefully, The three most important player sat the Scarlet's are Jake, Samson and Scott and I hope they all get there shots and perform as well as they have been for us. I have a feeling Rhodri will fill the bench spot though, Gatland is very fond on him.

He did do well in the autumn. I think they know Sampson has the ability they just don't want to rush him. He's only what, 22 ?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 28 Jan 2014, 5:18 am

maestegmafia wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

He did do well in the autumn. I think they know Sampson has the ability they just don't want to rush him. He's only what, 22 ?

BUt how old is Rh Jones?
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by maestegmafia Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:46 am

bedfordwelsh wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:
Jhamer25 wrote:
maestegmafia wrote:

BUt how old is Rh Jones?
True he is not much older?

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:03 am

anyone knows when squad announced

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:07 am

Today at 1100 according to the fail
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by jimmyinthewell68 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:14 am

thanks you

jimmyinthewell68

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 28 Jan 2014, 9:14 am

Maes, I believe Rhodri is a full year (or two) older than Samson.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 28 Jan 2014, 1:57 pm

Foxy is back in action this weekend!!!

Didn't want to put this on the match thread, but thought here was good enough.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:09 pm

Great. Bench for Ireland then (I expect), probably instead of Sanjay.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:11 pm

Risca Rev wrote:Great. Bench for Ireland then (I expect), probably instead of Sanjay.

If he is fit then he should start, if he isn't he should play off the bench for the Scarlets again.

However if he does get put on the bench I think it should be Scrumhalf, Biggar/Priest, Foxy.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:18 pm

I wouldn't be surprised to see him brought straight back in. Guess it depends what happens with Doc and Scott Williams this weekend and whether we get our backline going. I do think the Ireland game is too soon for him, much like this one is for Warburton though, particularly with the inevitable v BOD hype.

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue 28 Jan 2014, 2:20 pm

Risca Rev wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see him brought straight back in. Guess it depends what happens with Doc and Scott Williams this weekend and whether we get our backline going. I do think the Ireland game is too soon for him, much like this one is for Warburton though, particularly with the inevitable v BOD hype.

All comes down to player wealthfare, and if that is as important as putting a W up on the table.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by The Saint Tue 28 Jan 2014, 4:29 pm

Yep, back for Ireland apparently, such poetry that he'd be back for that game. I'm looking forward to it Wink.

The Saint

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 5:16 pm

Dan Lydiate could miss the game on Saturday - he has gone on paternity leave.

Warburton will start if so...
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Scratch Tue 28 Jan 2014, 5:20 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
Risca Rev wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see him brought straight back in. Guess it depends what happens with Doc and Scott Williams this weekend and whether we get our backline going. I do think the Ireland game is too soon for him, much like this one is for Warburton though, particularly with the inevitable v BOD hype.

All comes down to player wealthfare, and if that is as important as putting a W up on the table.

?

Scratch

Back to top Go down

Post by international197 Tue 28 Jan 2014, 6:23 pm

wales606 wrote:Dan Lydiate could miss the game on Saturday - he has gone on paternity leave.

Warburton will start if so...

I assume Jake Ball or Aaron Shingler will be on the bench, if this happens.

international197

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Tue 28 Jan 2014, 7:03 pm

Ball would be good choice with Coombs being backrow cover
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 30 Jan 2014, 2:21 pm

Some more good news in term of squad places (on top of JD2 playing this weekend). Hallam Amos is making his comeback this weekend too, up in Newcastle.

Back to top Go down

Post by munkian Thu 30 Jan 2014, 3:06 pm

Saw that earlier, good to know !
munkian
munkian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7