The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

tyson fury verses frank bruno?

+23
rapidringsroad
superflyweight
hazharrison
LordDowlais
TRUSSMAN66
huw
seanmichaels
Rowley
TopHat24/7
jimdig
Mr Bounce
kingraf
Hammersmith harrier
John Bloody Wayne
Mayweathers cellmate
Kelvinj3
AlexHuckerby
horizontalhero
catchweight
Strongback
88Chris05
RanjitPatel
david lee
27 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

tyson fury verses frank bruno? - Page 4 Empty tyson fury verses frank bruno?

Post by david lee Sun 19 Jan 2014, 12:02 am

First topic message reminder :

i think tyson fury would of knocked severn bells out of frank,an easy knockout for fury the fight would have lasted 3 rounds.

david lee

Back to top Go down

tyson fury verses frank bruno? - Page 4 Empty Re: tyson fury verses frank bruno?

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:34 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You "never claimed Conn was anything."........But Jones gets hammered...

Even worse.........

Let's not insult eachother but do admit........

1. You make up silly excuses for all the guys you like........

2. You don't give modern fighters their due..

3. That I've seen more of Mercer than you...

1. No
2. No
3. What an odd claim to make.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

tyson fury verses frank bruno? - Page 4 Empty Re: tyson fury verses frank bruno?

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:35 pm

You are in denial then..........Get some help.........

Jones gets hammered off Louis......170 pound Conn is highly talented..........

Only one on here who has Hagler above Mayweather......

Oscar never beat anybody.......Mayweather ducks........Jack Johnson is top p4p......

Manny is a naughty boy............

Old timers are more technically skilled than modern fighters........

Chavez was tired of Boxing when he lost to Oscar.......

So basically the four best fighters of the modern era completely trashed...............

I rest my case..

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:36 pm

This is the point where JBW comes in and tells us that he's seen more of Mercer than all of us put together as he was formerly married to him, or something.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:38 pm

hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's no excuse though Haz, it is something within their control.

What is? I've lost my thread dealing with FLUFFMAN.

Are we talking Duran? Quite agree. He chose the lifestyle he chose - I haven't made excuses for him. I've merely stated the obvious: He wasn't the same fighter from the first fight.

Motivation is key but it doesn't take away from Leonard's victory in the slightest, the whole world and his dog knew what was going to happen. It's something to mark Duran down for not his opponent in my opinion.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:39 pm

88Chris05 wrote:This is the point where JBW comes in and tells us that he's seen more of Mercer than all of us put together as he was formerly married to him, or something.

Hopefully he'll add more than you while he's at it.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:40 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:It's no excuse though Haz, it is something within their control.

Are we talking Duran? Quite agree. He chose the lifestyle he chose - I haven't made excuses for him. I've merely stated the obvious: He wasn't the same fighter from the first fight.

Motivation is key but it doesn't take away from Leonard's victory in the slightest, the whole world and his dog knew what was going to happen. It's something to mark Duran down for not his opponent in my opinion.

not like Duran had a great record against quality slick boxers or anything is it ??

Especially when he tries to fight 6 footers with great jabs on the outside.

Last edited by TRUSSMAN66 on Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ..)

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:45 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You are in denial then..........Get some help.........

Oscar never beat anybody.......Mayweather ducks........Jack Johnson is top p4p......

So basically the four best fighters of the modern era completely trashed...............

I rest my case..

I play it straight. My favourite fighters all time are Hearns, Benn and Lewis. If you can find a thread where I made up "silly excuses" for them then good luck to you.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:46 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

not like Duran had a great record against quality slick boxers or anything is it ??

Leonard was great against Duran and more power to him. But Duran's victory was the greater win.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm

I'm wasting my time with you.........You're in denial..........

You don't rate anybody since the 80s.......

......Now just keep writing FLUFFMAN like a ten year old kid

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:47 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:You are in denial then..........Get some help.........

I rest my case..

You can't even get that right. Whitaker, Hopkins, Chavez, Marquez, Holyfield anyone ?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:48 pm

You can cut the sexual tension on here with a knife.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:48 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

Leonard was great against Duran and more power to him. But Duran's victory was the greater win.

I agree with that, the former lightweight champion beating a great Welterweight is a better win than in reverse but it would be seen as even greater if the rematch didn't end in such a distasteful way.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:48 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Benson, you think Byrd is as dangerous and highly regarded as Tua is? Wlad would soil himself being in against a puncher like him.

Perhaps he would, but it wouldn't matter as he would still win every round easily if he boxes behind his jab like he normally does.

catchweight wrote:An in shape Tua would probably splatter Klitschko at some point.

You mean the in shape version of Tua that took boxing lessons against Byrd, Maskaev and Rahman.

Rolling Eyes 

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:49 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I'm wasting my time with you.........You're in denial..........

You don't rate anybody since the 80s.......

......Now just keep writing FLUFFMAN like a ten year old kid

I rate any number of fighters since the 80's FLUFFMAN. Just not as highly as you do. I don't understand why that tears you up so much?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

I apologise.......You're right I'm wrong..........Haz....about everything..... thumbsup 

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:51 pm

J.Benson II wrote:
Hammersmith harrier wrote:Benson, you think Byrd is as dangerous and highly regarded as Tua is? Wlad would soil himself being in against a puncher like him.

Perhaps he would, but it wouldn't matter as he would still win every round easily if he boxes behind his jab like he normally does.

catchweight wrote:An in shape Tua would probably splatter Klitschko at some point.

You mean the in shape version of Tua that took boxing lessons against Byrd, Maskaev and Rahman.

Rolling Eyes 

Knocking two of them out lets not forget that part, boxing is fought over 12 rounds not 9.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:52 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:I apologise.......You're right I'm wrong..........Haz....about everything..... thumbsup 

Even seeing more of Ray Mercer?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:53 pm

hazharrison wrote:
TRUSSMAN66 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:

I agree with that, the former lightweight champion beating a great Welterweight is a better win than in reverse but it would be seen as even greater if the rematch didn't end in such a distasteful way.

It would have been had the Duran from fight 1 turned up.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:56 pm

I'll be honest I have said it before to Chris........That when I came over here all you had was sportsnight and Grandstand........

Very little boxing........on..

Don't think it's the same watching Boxing on youtube.............

I have seen more of Mercer as I watched him in the amateurs........But on reflection I never rated or liked him so my opinion may be biased to a certain extent...

My behaviour has been out of order tonight...........So look I do retract any insulting s**t I offered up..

Still think you do cut some boxers more slack than others....though

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by J.Benson II Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:57 pm

J.Benson II wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

Knocking two of them out lets not forget that part, boxing is fought over 12 rounds not 9.

I know but losing numerous rounds against supposed mediocrity still exposes a boxer for what they are.
The Rahman win was controversial too. Caught him flush well after the bell rang. A dazed and hurt Rahman staggered his way back to his corner but got stopped in the very next round.

J.Benson II

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 7:57 pm

No way of really knowing that Haz, he didn't and it unfortunately harms his great victory in the first, you can't turn up in shape as and when you want without it harming your legacy.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 8:03 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:No way of really knowing that Haz, he didn't and it unfortunately harms his great victory in the first, you can't turn up in shape as and when you want without it harming your legacy.

It doesn't appear to have. Duran is generally the highest rated fighter from the modern era after Ali.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 8:05 pm

He could be even higher, if you don't think his non shows against Leonard, Benitez and Laing don't harm his legacy then you're just plain wrong I must say Haz.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 8:08 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:He could be even higher, if you don't think his non shows against Leonard, Benitez and Laing don't harm his legacy then you're just plain wrong I must say Haz.

Maybe. I think Duran's legacy was secure after the Leonard win, though, and for every no show there was a flashback to the great Duran.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:14 pm

Leonard did show the error of his ways.........and Hearns did humiliate him.....

You can't give credit for Barkley and not detract the Hearns hammering from his ledger..

Great lightweight reign but a la Louis against nobodies apart from 2-1 vs Dejesus...

Should get more credit for Hagler though.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 22 Jan 2014, 9:25 pm

J.Benson II wrote:

Rolling Eyes 

You would swear Klitschko hadnt been knocked about God knows how many times by boxers worse than Tua the way people go on. He has a dodgy chin, a dodgy engine and looks like a drowning man when he is attacked.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 22 Jan 2014, 10:47 pm

Bruno would beat fury, but would fury beat primo carnera??

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 10:52 pm

3fingers wrote:Bruno would beat fury, but would fury beat primo carnera??

That'd actually be a fun fight!

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 10:55 pm

Hard to say how good/bad Carnera really was, too much Mafia influence on his career to make a firm judgement, along with O'Brien one of those I don't like commenting on.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 11:33 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:Hard to say how good/bad Carnera really was, too much Mafia influence on his career to make a firm judgement, along with O'Brien one of those I don't like commenting on.

Clumsy but tough - just like Fury. I could imagine both being up and down like yo-yos.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 11:35 pm

That's the main problem I have with Carnera though Haz, how tough was he really or was it all just a fix?

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 22 Jan 2014, 11:45 pm

Hammersmith harrier wrote:That's the main problem I have with Carnera though Haz, how tough was he really or was it all just a fix?

Have you seen the Baer fight? He takes one hell of a hiding from a huge puncher and keeps fighting. I'm sure a lot of his fights were set ups in one form or another but he was a tough guy.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Wed 22 Jan 2014, 11:56 pm

I'll admit that the heavyweight division between Tunney and Liston doesn't interest me one bit so i've seen very little of Carnera but a lot of that is down to apprehension of what was really on the level. Schmeling two fights against Sharkey stunk to high heaven by all accounts, reading into the era a bit puts me off it ever so slightly.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:02 am

This is well worth a watch:

https://youtu.be/I8wIyrRPn-M

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Thu 23 Jan 2014, 12:10 am

I'll give it a watch tomorrow Haz, enjoyed the opening titles skipping straight from Ali to Tyson with no mention of Holmes though.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4