The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players who shout at coaches when they're under pressure: pet peeve 156

+3
monty junior
R!skysports
shivfan
7 posters

Go down

Players who shout at coaches when they're under pressure: pet peeve 156 Empty Players who shout at coaches when they're under pressure: pet peeve 156

Post by shivfan Tue 21 Jan - 11:51

It really annoys me when a player is doing badly, and then he/she resorts to shouting at coach and support staff....

As if it's their problem you're making a mess of things on court! Djokovic has been doing it in his match against Wawrinka, and I've seen Li Na, Jankovic, Murray and others do it. Sort it out on your own, guys!

Federer never shouts at his support staff when he's losing, and neither does Nadal. The Williams sisters and Sharapova also work things out for themselves on the court, and are never seen shouting abuse at their coaches. It's time other players did the same, and stop trying to shift the blame to their coaching staff....
shivfan
shivfan

http://www.cricket-match-special.com

Back to top Go down

Players who shout at coaches when they're under pressure: pet peeve 156 Empty Re: Players who shout at coaches when they're under pressure: pet peeve 156

Post by R!skysports Tue 21 Jan - 11:57

shivfan wrote:It really annoys me when a player is doing badly, and then he/she resorts to shouting at coach and support staff....

As if it's their problem you're making a mess of things on court!  Djokovic has been doing it in his match against Wawrinka, and I've seen Li Na, Jankovic, Murray and others do it.  Sort it out on your own, guys!

Federer never shouts at his support staff when he's losing, and neither does Nadal.  The Williams sisters and Sharapova also work things out for themselves on the court, and are never seen shouting abuse at their coaches.  It's time other players did the same, and stop trying to shift the blame to their coaching staff....

By shouting at a line judge :-)

R!skysports

Back to top Go down

Players who shout at coaches when they're under pressure: pet peeve 156 Empty Re: Players who shout at coaches when they're under pressure: pet peeve 156

Post by monty junior Tue 21 Jan - 12:33

Williams is much more professional, she just threatens to kill line judges  Laugh 

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Haddie-nuff Tue 21 Jan - 12:35

I dont know who made themself look more ridiculous. Novak or Boris.

Im sure I heard someone yell out to Boris "sit down sit down for God´s sake the beggars at the back cant see"  Very Happy

Haddie-nuff

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 21 Jan - 12:43

the reason Federer doesn't shout at his team is because his team generally consists of his mum dad and wife... not the best people to have a petulant outburst towards, especially if you didn't sign a pre-nup
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by monty junior Tue 21 Jan - 12:48

Laugh king

monty junior

Back to top Go down

Post by Calder106 Tue 21 Jan - 12:53

Glad it's only 156 on your list. Shows how inconsequential it is. Remember the coach cannot answer back or give advice. So the player is just letting off steam as things aren't working. Think we all do it but on a tennis court there is no hiding place. They still have to 'sort out it themselves'.

Calder106

Back to top Go down

Post by lags72 Tue 21 Jan - 13:15

Interesting comments on this very subject by Federer today, as reported in the Herald Sun ......

He was saying that he very rarely looks up at his box. He never got into the habit of doing so in the early days, so apparently feels little need to do it now.

However he did then quip ....

"I have had the occasional look since Stefan joined the team. Just to make sure he's actually there."

Sub-text : I'm paying this guy hundreds of thousands of bucks. So he really should at least come watch me play.

lags72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down