The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caddie Whack

+8
McLaren
Noshankingtonite
Redrage
oldshanker
LondonJonnyO
Doon the Water
Davie
kwinigolfer
12 posters

Go down

Caddie Whack Empty Caddie Whack

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 18 May 2011, 8:01 pm

What is it about The Players that has caused so many pros to ditch their caddies? Adam Scott and Villegas have divorced Tony Navarro and DoranDoran respectively following earlier announcements about Kaymer and FMolinari, and hot on the heels of O'Hair and Dustin getting rid of their men.
Still no word on Tiger and Steve Williams.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Caddie Whack Empty Re: Caddie Whack

Post by Davie Wed 18 May 2011, 8:09 pm

Kwini - nothing sensible to say about your topic, but if this really is you and not an imposter, then we are glad to see you here Smile

You have my email address - give us a sign that this is the real kwini (this sounds almost as bad as 606 verifying that LW was really him! How about some pressups?)

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 18 May 2011, 8:21 pm

Davie,
I'm too old for press-ups and not likely to be wearing a red shirt. Got rid of the aska and plan to post some ballwasher notes once a week. But thought I'd post this as it seemed reasonably newsworthy and as a way to say "Hello".
I guess my code is FJICL.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 18 May 2011, 8:27 pm

That's good enough for me kwini - you are now "authenticated" Smile

Good to have you here!

In your absense, Mav has been doing a great job (when work commitments allow) posting starting articles for both Euro and PGA tour events which I try to keep as a "sticky" for the week so it stay at the top of the topic list. Your own articles would be welcome in addition to mav's. As long as we have a place to comment on the weekly events, that's good for the forum and for the ongoing chatter.

We also need someone to keep us up to date on the OGWR status!

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Doon the Water Wed 18 May 2011, 8:46 pm

Kwinni
Great to hear from you.
I did make a wee plea earlier so either I am a soothsayer or you have good timimg Very Happy

Doon the Water

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 18 May 2011, 8:59 pm

Doon,
If you'd seen my golf, you know it's that you're a soothsayer . . . .

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 18 May 2011, 9:03 pm

Hmmm. Its not quite the same user id. I say fake kwini!
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 18 May 2011, 9:22 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:Hmmm. Its not quite the same user id. I say fake kwini!

You don't read too well do you?

ID is already authenticated

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Wed 18 May 2011, 9:24 pm

GJ,
A shame is right but sure there's a good reason. Perhaps Tony Navarro is a Burberry man?

I'll post some notes on 606v2 until/unless I find a more local outlet. As for Jason Day, he was 4th here in 2009, plus he's a member at Colonial so one would expect him to play well.
As for Adam, really have no idea.

pd,
Is it just me or do most articles referring to the owgr's seem not to fully grasp the ramifications? All the stuff on thegolfchannel.com seems to ignore the June 13th safety net, for instance, Doug Ferguson's excepted.
Taken from 606 - 2nd para says it all.

Welcome Kwini. Yahoo
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 18 May 2011, 9:32 pm

I just edited OS's post above to make clear what was quoted from BBC606 and what was his own addition

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Wed 18 May 2011, 10:35 pm

I think Kaymers is the biggest surprise of them all, they have had a lot of success. Is it an indication that he perhaps sees his future on the PGA tour

Nice to finally see you on here, Kwini!

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 18 May 2011, 10:49 pm

Hi shanker, Redrage,
Rr, Agree with what you say about Kaymer, but isn't Connelly going through more employers than Woods through Perkins waitresses?

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Wed 18 May 2011, 10:55 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Hi shanker, Redrage,
Rr, Agree with what you say about Kaymer, but isn't Connelly going through more employers than Woods through Perkins waitresses?

In the words of Basil Brush... 'Boom Boom!'

There probably is something in that though, he must be doing something to keep getting binned. Perhaps it's just a run of personality clashes, some folk are just difficult to spend a lot of time around regardless of any the qualities they possess.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Wed 18 May 2011, 10:56 pm

Welcome aboard Kwini Yahoo
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 18 May 2011, 10:58 pm

Like you've got to be good enough to get in the Prem to get relegated you mean?!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Wed 18 May 2011, 11:02 pm

Yeah pretty much. Speaking of which, what an exciting finish to the PL this weekend, I really hope Blackpool stay up, I am sure Goldwolf will be hoping it isn't at the expense of his team.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 18 May 2011, 11:16 pm

Thanks shanking,

Rr,
When I lived in Edgbaston I could pretty much be assured of St.Andrews one Saturday, either Hawthorns or Molineux depending on who was at home, the next. All Div 1 (Villa in Div 3!), great players and entertainment everywhere. Am hoping Wolves and the Boot Boys from Brum both survive, and good riddance to the chicken bones.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Wed 18 May 2011, 11:18 pm

Chicken bones?

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 18 May 2011, 11:22 pm

Blackburn Venky's.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Wed 18 May 2011, 11:27 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Blackburn Venky's.

I always quite liked they way they ran the club and I admired their side when Hughes was in charge, but wouldn't miss them now. Same goes for Wigan, a club with hardly any fans shouldn't really be in the PL.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 18 May 2011, 11:28 pm

Welcome Kwini, nice to see you in these parts.

I can never decide if having a caddie that is like a friend or having a caddie that is like a work colleague would be better?

I always think friend because my best golf happens when things seem fun and having a caddie I really likes sharing moments with would foster that atmosphere.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 18 May 2011, 11:30 pm

Redrage wrote:
kwinigolfer wrote:Blackburn Venky's.

I always quite liked they way they ran the club and I admired their side when Hughes was in charge, but wouldn't miss them now. Same goes for Wigan, a club with hardly any fans shouldn't really be in the PL.

I love wigan for no other reason than bringing Valencia to the Premiership, after giggs and Rooney he is utd's best outfield player.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Wed 18 May 2011, 11:41 pm

Rr,
Dave Whelan must have very mixed feelings - for much of my life he was just the full back who broke his leg at Wembley!

Mac,
Don't really know, the best relationships seem to run the gamut, brothers, husbands and wives, mentor/young pro, gofers, sons, ex-cons, all sorts.
The relationship I admire most is Damon Green and Zach Johnson - Nationwide/Champions Tour calibre golfer and younger player. Probably the most effective "business-style" relationship out there, respect for both of them, Stricker and Jimmy Johnson, probably much the same.

Doubt if I'd want a really close friendship with a caddie, not like Phil or Freddie for instance.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Thu 19 May 2011, 7:00 am

Kwini welcome to the new land, good to have you here, been trying in your absence to keep guys updated with tour events, sometimes when it comes to US events i come a little unstuck, like this weeks Crown Plaza, for some reason never followed it to closely so my own look ends at the lovely Colonial Course its played on, whereas ET events have been to so many and know a couple guys out on the tour I get a good insight so once again welcome.

As for your aticle here, I too think Kaymers decision is part of his transition from ET to PGA Tour, also the changes he is working on in his game, of being able to hit a hit soft draw on demand compared to where he struggled with his shot in past is all a move toward full time PGA tour playing.

Villegas one of my favourites on tour has not been the same since his regular bag man qualified for the Nationwide at tour school in my opinion he has struggled to replace the close knit relationship they had, he must on one hand think hope he thrives on the NW tour and the ohter think have a bad season and carry my sticks so I can start winning again

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 19 May 2011, 9:38 am

Kwinster welcome aboard and about time thumbsup

I don't know if anyone else noticed Kaymer at the recent matchplay event in Nevada (Remember the snow and Kaymers snood) Before start of play Kaymer had Fanny doing some coaching with him. I know that fanny has broadened her horizons a bit as well as her hips, and suspected all was not quite right. I still find it amazing though, that some players reach a pinnacle and then make changes. Kuchar recently, Gmac switched bats and kaymer reaches No1 and ..... makes no sense to me to change a winning formula

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 19 May 2011, 10:06 am

All is well with the World. Sort of. Welcome Kwini!

I suppose players and caddies split up plenty often but are they just another 'tool' that a player can blame for playing poorly? Scott I don't quite get, especially after the Masters.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 19 May 2011, 11:29 am

Thanks all,
Just to doc's poiint about Fanny and Kaymer, I understand Fanny helped Kaymer a lot, from Junior Golf right through to Tour success. Not so much coaching perhaps, but mentoring (and presumably providing the link to Faldo who clearly thinks so highly of him).

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 19 May 2011, 1:05 pm

kwini

About bloody time!!

Good to have you aboard Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 19 May 2011, 1:25 pm

d4s,
Surprised you didn't put in a plug for Stoneham on LJ's heathland diatribe! I sed to love that place!!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 19 May 2011, 1:30 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:d4s,
Surprised you didn't put in a plug for Stoneham on LJ's heathland diatribe! I sed to love that place!!

Funnily enough, I was looking at their website just the other day. Long time since I've played there and not likely to this year as the draw for our two main scratch team K/o's don't have us in the same half of either draw.

LJ is playing im my invitation day next month at my course which is pure heathland so I'm hoping he's just on the windup this week Shocked

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 19 May 2011, 1:33 pm

drive4show wrote:LJ is playing im my invitation day next month at my course which is pure heathland so I'm hoping he's just on the windup this week Shocked

Moi? On ze windup? Monsieur you do me ze big injustise.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 19 May 2011, 8:20 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Thanks shanking,

Rr,
When I lived in Edgbaston I could pretty much be assured of St.Andrews one Saturday, either Hawthorns or Molineux depending on who was at home, the next. All Div 1 (Villa in Div 3!), great players and entertainment everywhere. Am hoping Wolves and the Boot Boys from Brum both survive, and good riddance to the chicken bones.

Cheers Kwini. I'm a Blue Nose - dire game against Fulham the only highlight of the game being the chant 'You can stick yer Michael Jackson up yer @rse!' @rses will be twitching like a rabbit's nose come sunday aftie - my medal round in the morning will take my mind off the afternoon of sheer agony as we get randy by Spuds 🤦
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 19 May 2011, 9:08 pm

shanking,
When I lived there it was the golden age of Trevor Francis, Bob & Dave, plus Kenny Burns, Alan Campbell, etc. One season, 72/73? they were absolutely down with the deadmen round about New Year's, then played as good a football as you'd see anywhere for the next four months; Gordon Taylor presumably never dreaming he'd be running the Players Union, Pendrey no inkling he'd be in coaching, and the very young Jimmy Calderwood barely able to spell "manager"!
I worked for Bristol Street Motors and the principal owner was Harry Cressman, an American who was on the Villa board - he had IBM supply our mainframes with a special claret and blue paint job! For a Third Division team!!

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 19 May 2011, 10:28 pm

Kwini - we could do with Francis in his pomp on Sunday. Blues collapsing faster than T Dubya's knee at the moment. Highlight of next season could be playing the 'Appy 'Ammers for play-off places. Cry
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Thu 19 May 2011, 11:55 pm

Trevor was 16 or 17 then, and he and I had just moved from Plymouth!
Remarkable player back then, probably only Michael Owen can compare of those of a similar age in the last forty years. Bobs Latchford and Hatton were the perfect foil.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by oldshanker Fri 20 May 2011, 12:12 am

As Jasper Carrot used to call him:

The only winger in the world who had to stop halfway to wipe the dead flies off his teeth!

It was said with a great deal of affection!
oldshanker
oldshanker

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 20 May 2011, 1:39 pm

The Chips are Falling:
Bobby Brown, Dustin's former caddie, is working for Kyle Stanley in Fort Worth.
And there are rumours that Dustin, having worked with Joe LaCava last week, may give Tony Navarro a whirl.

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down