The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 So Far

+3
LondonJonnyO
drive4show
Doc
7 posters

Go down

V2 So Far Empty V2 So Far

Post by Doc Thu 19 May 2011, 1:37 pm

So Hobo and the team now know they've made it, as Kwini's arrived Very Happy The golf board is great as far as I'm concerned and has dragged most of the old 606 golf nuts over, but has also added some new bloood from people who havn't posted anywhere before. The golf section is 100% WUM free and enjoys some daily sparring between Rocky Johny0 amd Mac the Fyfe.

The guys who set up this site must be a bit dissapointed though, as it seems the football crowd have defected elsewhere. I appreciate that aunty beeb is still operational, but posters to my teams board are seriously in decline. It seems there are more and more 606ish type sites sprouting up every day, so wondered if the Hoboesques are thinking of making changes. The football board was obviously designed ina way to keep supporters happy by giving them their own boards, but frankly having only 3.5k posts is abysmal.

Football 3.5k
Golf 7.5k
R Union 2k
American football 2.5k
Boxing 37.5k
Tennis 7k
Wrestling 16k

The diversity of the site is brilliant and caters for all sorts of tastes, but apart from the ones listed above, there seems to be little activity. Can't believe the amount of boxing posts ... was the boxing page live prior to anything else.

So any plans to cull some sports, or integration etc or are the admin team happy with the way things are going?

Doc

Back to top Go down

V2 So Far Empty Re: V2 So Far

Post by drive4show Thu 19 May 2011, 1:44 pm

Wrestling 16K??

That's a lot of people that need to get out more 🤦

At least boxing is a proper sport, not that jumped up ridiculous WWF showbiz parading as 'sport' in the good ole redneck US of A!

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 19 May 2011, 1:45 pm

drive4show wrote:Wrestling 16K??

At least boxing is a proper sport, not that jumped up ridiculous WWF showbiz parading as 'sport' in the good ole redneck US of A!

Boxing a proper sport? Not when Don King is promoting.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 19 May 2011, 1:48 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:
drive4show wrote:Wrestling 16K??

Boxing a proper sport? Not when Don King is promoting.

Has nobody bumped him off yet? Got to be a moneymaking opportunity there.

Now, where did I leave my snipers rifle?? Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Redrage Thu 19 May 2011, 1:52 pm

The boxing forum on the old 606 was always really busy, plenty of wums and biters though which might explain the huge no of posts over here.

Redrage

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 19 May 2011, 2:41 pm

Doc - we made a conscious decision NOT to target the football forums much. That was the area that had the most WUMs and therefore the most trouble.

Much of the football traffic has gone elsewhere and taken their trouble with them. I actually quite like like to be able to discuss football here in a quieter atmosphere than BBC enjoyed.

As for wrestling .. well most of the site founders are wrestling fans so be careful what you say!

To be fair to them they HAVE devoted an entire section to wrestling, outside of the "sport" category so as to difuse any further argument over whether it is a sport or "sports based entertainment"

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dave. Thu 19 May 2011, 2:45 pm

I always felt the heart of 606 was in not in football but all the other sports, because it was more of a community. This place is the natural successor.

Dave.

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 19 May 2011, 2:46 pm

Davie

Tell the girls that I quite liked watching the undertaker at one stage Very Happy

With regard to the football, does the numerous club pages impact the sites speed etc, and if it does then why not integrate the football into fewer pages if not just the one. Its so quiet as you say, that I've been speaking to myself for months. thumbsup

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 19 May 2011, 2:47 pm

Davie wrote:As for wrestling .. well most of the site founders are wrestling fans so be careful what you say!

Do they have their own leotards? And feather boas?
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 19 May 2011, 3:12 pm

Fair comment Doc ... we'll consider it

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu 19 May 2011, 6:12 pm

Couldn't give a toss if the site founders like wrestling it does not change the fact it is seriously worrying for grown men/women to watch it.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum