The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gatlands reign

+21
welshy824 (new)
Scrumpy
BlueNote
Liam
ScarletSpiderman
nottins_again
Cyril
Rugby Fan
Metal Tiger
WELL-PAST-IT
Jhamer25
majesticimperialman
RuggerRadge2611
SecretFly
Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler
Taffineastbourne
HammerofThunor
fa0019
quinsforever
TJ
wrfc1980
25 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Gatlands reign - Page 2 Empty Gatlands reign

Post by wrfc1980 Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:49 pm

First topic message reminder :

If Wales only win one further game this 6 nations which is highly likely should Gatland face the sack. Although he has won 6 nations championships Wales have never stepped up fully to the world stage. His record against SH opposition has got to be the worst in the NH, Iyaly apart. Its impossible to win the world cup without beating SA,Oz,NZ therefore Wales have not and do not look like genuine world cup winners.

wrfc1980

Back to top Go down

Gatlands reign - Page 2 Empty Re: Gatlands reign

Post by quinsforever Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:03 pm

ScarletSpiderman wrote:
quinsforever wrote:
ScarletSpiderman wrote:Cas, yeah it was a bit negative, although realistically Gats is in charge until RWC15, and it will cost too much to change that, even if results go wrong......
actually Gats contract lasts until the Japan RWC in 2019...he got a 7 year deal  picard  no coach in sport deserves that level of security

Now I feel really stupid, because I was thinking 2015 was a the RWC after next  Doh .  Dammit it's 2014 already, where has my life gone.

obviously my  picard was not directed at you scarlet, but at the WRU. just in case it wasnt clear

quinsforever

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:44 pm

Quins, it should have been aimed at me, it was a pretty dullard thing to get wrong considering I was against his extension when it was announced.

But realistically the options are, for worst case scenario
a) Gatland jumps ship - not very likely he is pretty stubborn
b) WRU fire him - cost too much
c) put with it and carry on.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by welshy824 (new) Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:55 pm

can i point out that during 2010/11 6n we werent exactly brilliant, however the emergence of priestland with an on form phillips allowed quick ball to our backs who were allowed to smash through defences for the WC.

we are in a much better team than we were a year out from the world cup last time, also 2 players who have been around the squad for the past year or so who i think gatland will be planning on introducing into the matchday squads shortly (if not injured) are Patchell and Rhodri Williams. I hoping that as they are quite young and inexperienced being in the training squads have allowed them to become settled with "the pattern"

welshy824 (new)

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:33 am

"If you get those things wrong in terms of where we were dominated, Plan A or B or Z wouldn't have made a difference to the result"

So does Gatland have 25 game plans other than Plan A - 'WARRENBALL' ?

Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by gavstar Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:10 am

howley on the kicking tactics for the last two games.........v Italy....I found a lot of the poor decision making unbelievable. we played in the wrong areas. ( he says this every time rp plays) rp says its howleys tactics.

v Ireland........we should have kicked the ball high in the air more.......doh !

he is responsible for back play and tactics. b4 anyone says jinks is kicking coach, yes technique, the how, howley is the where and when. has even told players ignore an overlap if you are in certain areas of the pitch.......because rp has little time and is a hot potato ball player at this level he is ignoring overalps end of. either howleys instructions are wrong, or players cant follow them, or they are being misinterpreted.

I would rather see the underlings go than gatland..........howley and McBride, lets shake it up there first.

gavstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:17 am

I think there might be some tension between Shaun Edwards/McBride and Howley/Gatland due to being omitted from the Lions coaching staff. Even if they claim otherwise.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 am

Scrumpy wrote:"If you get those things wrong in terms of where we were dominated, Plan A or B or Z wouldn't have made a difference to the result"

So does Gatland have 25 game plans other than Plan A - 'WARRENBALL' ?

Sorry just been slow on the uptake. 'Here in Wales we play both types of tactics, Gatlandball and Warrenball'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by bedfordwelsh Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:36 pm

IronMike wrote:I think there might be some tension between Shaun Edwards/McBride and Howley/Gatland due to being omitted from the Lions coaching staff. Even if they claim otherwise.

I can understand it from Edwrads' point but hell McBryde should count himself he's were he is let alone have illusions that he should have been on the Lions tour.
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Post by Casartelli Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:06 pm

The post match interviews confirm that the 'coaching team' are in a rather dangerous state of denial.

They are also hiding behind managementspeak bum gravy when responding to straightforward questions.

Things almost certain to get worse before they get better. Every team fancies their chances against us now, regardless of how many buzzwords the coaches come out with.

Casartelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:57 pm

It was only one defeat guys!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by SecretFly Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:14 pm

Was it ever WarrenBall?

I don't think so. WarrenBall means absolutely nothing - unless you're a rabbit who likes golf. But to my memory it began as GatlandBall? No? - which has more meaning in a Gatling Gun context.

Why is everybody calling it Warrenball now? Less of the carrots more of the bullets please.

SecretFly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2