The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Half-time songs for Murrayfield - REPLY!...

+22
jimbopip
R!skysports
Calder106
tigertattie
Argybargy
justified sinner
Cyril
SecretFly
majesticimperialman
funnyExiledScot
GloriousEmpire
21st Century Schizoid Man
The Gramlin
Scratch
Metal Tiger
kiakahaaotearoa
GLove39
Taffineastbourne
beshocked
whocares
munkian
Nematode
26 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Half-time songs for Murrayfield - REPLY!... - Page 2 Empty Half-time songs for Murrayfield - REPLY!...

Post by Nematode Mon 17 Feb 2014, 2:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

Just thinking about half-time songs for Murrayfield:

Mariah Carey - When you believe
Bonnie Tyler - I need a hero
Lana Del Ray - Summertime Sadness (for summer tour)
Martin Garrix - Wizard
Mark Ronson - Stop me

Any suggestions? I'll e-mail the best suggestions to the SRU if you want. You get the idea of what music we want...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right...

I've sent the e-mail but I was half-way through adding the tracks and accidentally hit return so some of your songs are omitted. Also the text was far from finished but it got the message out.

"Hi,

At the 606v2 Rugby forum we've been discussing the music choices played at Murrayfield on game day and feel that they could be more apt and reflective. We like bagpipes (re. Red Hot Chili Pipers) but just as we like fish and chips, pizza, or a croissant, we don't like it being force fed. Bagpipes outside the ground suffice. 'Loch Lomond'. Beautiful track. But is it right when you are 20-0 down? Could we not be more in tune with current events? The Stade de France played house/dance music at half-time because the game was tight and edgy yet we bring out 500 miles at every opportunity regardless of the match situation. You wouldn't play Tom Odell or Lana Delr Ray over a Bond shoot-out, but it would be ok perhaps for one of these driving-across-America-in-a-reflective-manner shots.  

Boeing has introduced mood lighting to convey the correct ambiance in their aircraft - pale blue for the clouds for example. A restaurant in Paris has the classic violinist et rose combo. It's about subtly underlining the atmosphere.

Let's play the correct music to reflect our position please.

We've even compiled an exhaustive tracklist for you.

Mariah Carey - When you believe
Bonnie Tyler - I need a hero
Mark Ronson - Stop me
Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take a look at me now)
Bee gees - You win again
Green Day - Boulevard of Broken Dreams
Amy Winehouse - Rehab
Keane - Starting Line
On the road again, Willie Nelson
Johnny Cash - Hurt
Always look on the bright side of life.
Wrecking Ball - Miley Cyrus

We can supply more if you want. A reply would be great.

On a more serious note, please can we have better music rather than the same music that's repeated EVERY time at Murrayfield. Most rugby supporters are young - 500 miles once is ok but this isn't an SNP gathering. We know we are watching Scotland play so, please, please, please can you tone down the Scottish pre-match entertainment and play some more modern tracks or some variation. The stade de france was bouncing at HT vs England and had a great organic atmosphere, not some artificial, synthetic nationalistic hype with the proclaimers and Loch Loooooomond.  

Ta
606v2"

I kinda went off-topic and added my own wee rant, so sorry.

Your resident tode,

Nematode

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Dear [606v2],

Thank you for your email and for taking the time to make these suggestions – I've forwarded them to my colleagues in our stadium and events teams, for their attention as we'll be looking to enhance this area moving forward.

We appreciate your interest and support in Scottish rugby.

Kind regards

Isobel"

We have been heard people  Half-time songs for Murrayfield - REPLY!... - Page 2 3559488474 

"there can be miracles when you beeeelieeeeve!" is one step closer to being played!!!!!!  Half-time songs for Murrayfield - REPLY!... - Page 2 3933776953 Yahoo Whistle Laugh Run Sorry 

Last edited by Nematode on Tue 18 Feb 2014, 5:10 pm; edited 4 times in total

Nematode

Back to top Go down

Half-time songs for Murrayfield - REPLY!... - Page 2 Empty Re: Half-time songs for Murrayfield - REPLY!...

Post by gregortree Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:01 am

....rugby was such an easy game to play,
now it looks as though our pitch is clay
ohh I believe.. in .. yesterday....

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Half-time songs for Murrayfield - REPLY!... - Page 2 Empty Re: Half-time songs for Murrayfield - REPLY!...

Post by AsLongAsBut100ofUs Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:08 am

I like Isobel - I've dealt with her before  heart 

AsLongAsBut100ofUs

Back to top Go down

Post by tigertattie Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:11 am

AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:I like Isobel - I've dealt with her before  heart 

we don't wish to hear about your dirty weekends ASBO
tigertattie
tigertattie

Back to top Go down

Post by gregortree Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:12 am

tigertattie wrote:
AsLongAsBut100ofUs wrote:I like Isobel - I've dealt with her before  heart 

we don't wish to hear about your dirty weekends ASBO
....well I do !

gregortree

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2