The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

***GOOD NEWS FOR ENGLAND KLAXON***

+4
kingraf
VTR
Stella
Good Golly I'm Olly
8 posters

Go down

***GOOD NEWS FOR ENGLAND KLAXON*** Empty ***GOOD NEWS FOR ENGLAND KLAXON***

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:07 am

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/cricket/jonathan-trott-targets-fresh-start-in-bid-to-regain-his-test-place-9135611.html

Good to see him making a recovery from his illness.

Hopefully he can make a return in the summer, cos boy do we need him
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

***GOOD NEWS FOR ENGLAND KLAXON*** Empty Re: ***GOOD NEWS FOR ENGLAND KLAXON***

Post by Stella Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:15 am

That is good news. Good luck Trotty.
Stella
Stella

Back to top Go down

Post by VTR Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:17 am

I thought this was going to say "Ishant Sharma in the Test squad for the summer".

Joking aside, its good to hear that about Trott

VTR

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 18 Feb 2014, 11:34 am

Sincerely hope he's been cleared by a psychologist/professional, rather than just deciding he feels refreshed. Neither offer guarantees, but I sorta feel the latter is a train smash waiting
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 18 Feb 2014, 12:00 pm

He didn't wait too long to make this announcement after his former team mates arrived home.

Of course I wish him all the best with his mental health but there's something about this "fresh start" just doesn't seem right to me. He probably just wants to finish his career on a high note which seems a bit selfish after the way he suddenly went AWOL after Brisbane.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler Tue 18 Feb 2014, 5:31 pm

Linebreaker wrote:He didn't wait too long to make this announcement after his former team mates arrived home.

Of course I wish him all the best with his mental health but there's something about this "fresh start" just doesn't seem right to me. He probably just wants to finish his career on a high note which seems a bit selfish after the way he suddenly went AWOL after Brisbane.

Just long enough to only have a casual relationship with kps sacking ....

The last bit is a touch rum. Next thing you'll be saying you want to break his arm like some kind of angry swan

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler

Back to top Go down

Post by KP_fan Tue 18 Feb 2014, 7:54 pm

with Lanka and Ishant sharma containing India.... coming even Boycott might be licking his lips and considering return
KP_fan
KP_fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 18 Feb 2014, 9:23 pm

Peter Seabiscuit Wheeler wrote:
Linebreaker wrote:He didn't wait too long to make this announcement after his former team mates arrived home.

Just long enough to only have a casual relationship with kps sacking ....

The last bit is a touch rum. Next thing you'll be saying you want to break his arm like some kind of angry swan

Nothing like a fast-ish ball between the eyes to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

Giles (or whoever Flower's replacement is) ought to tell him "we need players with a bit more guts... but thanks for your kind offer anyway."

He'll slay the Lankans no doubt. Maybe Swann and Prior will make their "comebacks" then too?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 19 Feb 2014, 6:23 pm

Good to see Trott on the way to recovery. But England should be very, very careful in considering him for any more international duty. They should be sure enough that Trott has overcome his conditions and will be ready to take on the tough and demanding overseas assignments as well.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 19 Feb 2014, 10:09 pm

msp83 wrote:Good to see Trott on the way to recovery. But England should be very, very careful in considering him for any more international duty. They should be sure enough that Trott has overcome his conditions and will be ready to take on the tough and demanding overseas assignments as well.

Totally agree with you, msp.

Although the England management would have had serious concerns for Trott's well being after that 1st Test - they wouldn't have said to him "if you leave us now... you can forget about a return to the side for some time". Equally, it wouldn't have been the time, either, to say "..don't worry mate... we'll leave the door open for you so you can return in a few months time" However, I'd say that the former sentiment would have been the obvious (but unstated) position in the minds of team management (and Trott himself). It must have been what everyone was thinking... but was unable to say at the time.

That's why I think it is very selfish and arrogant to be thinking of a return to the Test fold so soon after his condition reached breaking point after the Brisbane match - after being (admittedly) dormant for a year... or however long it was... revealed by the EM (I don't believe that) and Trott himself.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down