The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Super Rugby: Lions thrash the Stormers

+2
Taylorman
Mr Fishpaste
6 posters

Go down

Super Rugby:  Lions thrash the Stormers Empty Super Rugby: Lions thrash the Stormers

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sun 23 Feb - 9:04

Just in case you wanted to know, the recently-returned-from-relegation Lions, full of previously unheard of players, thumped the much fancied, Springbok laden Stormers. How about that.

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Super Rugby:  Lions thrash the Stormers Empty Re: Super Rugby: Lions thrash the Stormers

Post by Taylorman Tue 25 Feb - 1:52

Its all a sign of the game opening up in SA I reckon...the Bulls and Stormers rely more on the big boys, one ups, box kicks and running into rather than around players- the Stormers possibly a little less so but the way to beat SA sides is to use the space better- passing or running into it, rather than through players.
The Lions and Cheetahs know to beat those sides they need to up the tempo, beat the man through more skill and less brawn.

Taylorman

Back to top Go down

Super Rugby:  Lions thrash the Stormers Empty Re: Super Rugby: Lions thrash the Stormers

Post by Mr Fishpaste Tue 25 Feb - 13:49

Also the Lions out-thought the Stormers. The Stormers have had a very effective defence against tries, but not much to offer on attack. So when the Lions started putting over drop-goals, and building a lead, the Stormers couldn't get back into the game!

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 26 Feb - 18:38

great to be a lion. two games, one try, two wins! it's like a reversal of the 00s where we scored tries for fun, for zero wins
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 27 Feb - 6:18

Highlights here:
http://www.superxv.com/video/lions-vs-stormers-rd2-2014-super-rugby-video-highlights/lions-vs-stormers-rd2-2014-super-rugby-video-highlights-video_63ec7d90e.html

Damn, they need to keep Boshoff healthy. Nothing like a 50m drop goal.

Don't the Lions have a main shirt sponsor? Quite like the uncluttered shirt, though.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Thu 27 Feb - 6:58

Their sponsors all ran away when they were kicked out of Super rugby, but I suspect there will be a fair few waiting in line if they continue to perform, however this weekend it is the Bulls they face, and somehow I can't believe they will make it 3 in a row
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sat 1 Mar - 21:48

Biltong: When are you going to start the official Super 15 thread?

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Sat 1 Mar - 21:57

nah we dont need an official thread we just jump in on to any that anyones put up that week and talk about all the games on it.

Just looking at some of these results in the Republic, I cant help but think that after a couple of weeks some of the more regarded players will get their momentum and the random rsults will become rarer and I have the Stormers in particularly in mind.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Sun 2 Mar - 10:56

Mr Fishpaste wrote:Biltong: When are you going to start the official Super 15 thread?
Have started one now:
https://www.606v2.com/t52288-weekly-super-rugby-round-up-round-3

Will do a new one of these every week, because there's always a lot to talk about.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sun 2 Mar - 19:59

aucklandlaurie wrote:
nah we dont need an official thread we just jump in on to any that anyones put up that week and talk about all the games on it.

Just looking at some of these results in the Republic, I cant help but think that after a couple of weeks some of the more regarded players will get their momentum and the random rsults will become rarer and I have the Stormers in particularly in mind.

Agreed. I wouldn't be surprised if the Stormers thought that the Lions would be a walk-over, and hence were not in the right frame of mind. They won't make that mistake twice!

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Fishpaste Sun 2 Mar - 20:00

George Carlin wrote:
Mr Fishpaste wrote:Biltong: When are you going to start the official Super 15 thread?
Have started one now:
https://www.606v2.com/t52288-weekly-super-rugby-round-up-round-3

Will do a new one of these every week, because there's always a lot to talk about.

Kiff

(Translation: nice. I don't know whether you speak saffa)

Mr Fishpaste

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Sun 2 Mar - 20:21

South African teams don't look good.

Bulls too predictable, will struggle against agressive teams.

Stormers look stale, needs a new coach with new ideas.

Cheetahs are still on a high from last season and aren't focused.

Lions won't kick themselves to victory in many more games.

All our hope is with the Sharks
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down