The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nobody on for the slam after 3 rounds

3 posters

Go down

Nobody on for the slam after 3 rounds Empty Nobody on for the slam after 3 rounds

Post by irfon17 Sun 23 Feb 2014, 1:44 pm

Can anybody remember the last time that a grandslam was impossible after just 3 rounds?

Shows how little there is to choose between the 4 top teams- I think I'm going to predict home wins for all games between England, Ireland, France and Wales- it's either that or toss a coin.

irfon17

Back to top Go down

Nobody on for the slam after 3 rounds Empty Re: Nobody on for the slam after 3 rounds

Post by Taffineastbourne Sun 23 Feb 2014, 2:01 pm

Not a Statto but Grand Slams are pretty rare historically so no great surprise to me.

Taffineastbourne

Back to top Go down

Nobody on for the slam after 3 rounds Empty Re: Nobody on for the slam after 3 rounds

Post by Guest Sun 23 Feb 2014, 4:29 pm

Are they? in 13 SIX nations there have been 8 grand slams

Back to top Go down

Post by Rugby Fan Sun 23 Feb 2014, 4:55 pm

The 1973 Five Nations ended up a five way tie. All the teams won at home (which meant they all lost away) so, everyone had two wins. The title was shared, because points difference wasn't used as the decider. The Grand Slam was over for everyone after the second round.

It's still hard too win away but I think the refereeing is more consistent now which means a superior team has a greater chance of being rewarded. In the professional era, the travelling team arrives much better prepared.

Having said that, it's striking that so many Grand Slams have been won in the Six Nations given how rare they were before.

Rugby Fan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down