The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Flory van Donck

2 posters

Go down

Flory van Donck Empty Flory van Donck

Post by GPB Wed 26 Feb 2014, 8:41 pm

I was reading the Wiki Bio of Flory van Donck, Belgium's great golfer from the 1930's through the 1950's.  Wiki says he won over 50 tournaments, although not all of them are itemized.

He won the National Opens of Belgium, Holland, Germany, Italy, France, Portugal, and Switzerland, and most of those multiple times.  These were all tournaments that were the foundation of the fledgling EuroTour in the 1970s.  He also won the Individual title of the Canada Cup with players like Snead, Palmer, and Nagle in the field.

It looks like he dominated golf on Continental Europe after WWII.

Yet there is barely a mention of Flory van Donck in the EuroTour website.

Given that players like Isao Aoki, Jumbo Ozaki, Peter Alliss, and Joe Carr are in the World Golf Hall of Fame, I am wondering if it just a matter of time before Flory van Donck gets inducted.  His resume is comparable or better to any of those four players.  

I had heard of Flory van Donck before reading his wiki bio, but I had no idea that his resume was this impressive.  It looks like he was the Euro version of Sam Snead

Why does the European Tour basically ignore anything prior to its formation in 1972? I believe no pre 1972 tournaments are included in any players ET resume.  Tony Jacklin's win total does not include the 1969 Open Championship (or the 1970 US Open).

GPB

Back to top Go down

Flory van Donck Empty Re: Flory van Donck

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 26 Feb 2014, 10:12 pm

Pretty impressive résumé there. Seems a bit dumb of the ET to pretend anything pre-ET never happened.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum