The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AJ Styles breaks UK wrestler's neck

+5
Crimey
Enforcer
talkingpoint
TopoftheChops
Fernando
9 posters

Go down

AJ Styles breaks UK wrestler's neck  Empty AJ Styles breaks UK wrestler's neck

Post by Fernando Sun 02 Mar 2014, 9:03 pm

During last night's Preston City Wrestling event, UK wrestler Lionheart, real name Adrian McCallum, suffered a broken neck in 2 places when he took a botched Styles Clash from AJ Styles.

Lionheart issued the following statement regarding his health via the PCW Facebook page:

All,

Words cannot describe the physical and emotional roller coaster of the past 30+ hours…

To update, my neck is broken in 2 places. I have had an MRI and the positive spin is there is no immediate requirement for surgery, although that may change…

I don't want to bore anyone or appear to fish for sympathy as I will comment more in depth in time… All I want to say is that the outpouring of support, calls, messages etc has been truly overwhelming… Reading them all has reduced me to tears more times than I can count… I thank you, and I love you… I know not what the future holds, and as emotional and drained as I am, I will fight back from this…

Much love.

Believe

Not for the 1st time since being on the indy scene has AJ injured someone with that move. Maybe it's time to find a new finisher

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

AJ Styles breaks UK wrestler's neck  Empty Re: AJ Styles breaks UK wrestler's neck

Post by TopoftheChops Sun 02 Mar 2014, 10:44 pm

Lionheart for TNA Champ!

TopoftheChops

Back to top Go down

AJ Styles breaks UK wrestler's neck  Empty Re: AJ Styles breaks UK wrestler's neck

Post by talkingpoint Mon 03 Mar 2014, 1:09 pm

I wonder how it was botched because the Styles clash isn`t like a piledriver, placing direct pressure on the neck?!

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Enforcer Mon 03 Mar 2014, 1:17 pm

I'd guess Styles's legs would have hit the match too early, causing Lionheart to take the impact head first with the rest of his body pushing on it as it came down.

Enforcer
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Mon 03 Mar 2014, 3:00 pm

I was there and it looked pretty bad. Before it became apparent that he was seriously hurt, I stupidly chanted "He's just killed him." It was a goof match, not sure who's fault it was, Lionhearts head just snapped back.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Mon 03 Mar 2014, 5:57 pm

Now all he needs do is win an Olympic medal
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Mon 03 Mar 2014, 7:11 pm

Saw the photos of it, looks like Lionheart tucked his head under instead of pulling it back, looked nasty, think its one of the more tamer finishers to be honest but any botch can always lead to that.

wouldn't be feeling bad about giving him abuse while he's lying injured, they're desperate for a.reaction, if everyone knew when they were legit hurt or kayfabing then no-one would ever invest any time or emotion into anyone so unless you know someone is dead for sure like Owen Hart I'd never dis anyone for heckling a wrestler who is down in the ring

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by x12x Tue 04 Mar 2014, 8:38 pm

We all saw just how it can go wrong when AJ faced Roderick Strong on ROH and Strong landed pretty awkwardly, I think it just goes to show that any move can end in trouble if the slightest thing goes wrong.

Good to hear that he's staying positive and I hope there isn't too much damage.

x12x

Back to top Go down

Post by dyrewolfe Wed 05 Mar 2014, 3:05 pm

Wow - best wishes to Adrian...hoping he makes a full recovery.

Having flashbacks now to when Zema Ion broke Jesse Sorensen's neck with a botched moonsault... Sad
dyrewolfe
dyrewolfe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down