The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lebron's Legacy if Miami win the playoff finals

2 posters

Go down

Lebron's Legacy if Miami win the playoff finals Empty Lebron's Legacy if Miami win the playoff finals

Post by The_Phenom Fri 20 May 2011, 2:06 pm

Assuming Miami win it all this year how will this affect Lebron's standing in the game?

Many people will now put an asterix next to his name due to the cavs fallout and joining a team with 3 all-stars. However Kobe won his first three rings with arguably the greatest centre ever on his team.

In my opinion from what Lebron has shown so far in the playoffs (stepping up when it matters) I fancy the heat to win the championship this year.

However I believe the biggest challenge Lebron will face in determining himself as one of the all time greats is how he copes when Wade begins to lose his abilities. Wade has continously backed up the team when Lebron is not firing on all cylinders. So assuming Miami win this year do you think Lebron can keep the heat a championship winning team without Wade and how do you think his legacy will be impacted?

The_Phenom

Back to top Go down

Lebron's Legacy if Miami win the playoff finals Empty Re: Lebron's Legacy if Miami win the playoff finals

Post by BamBam Fri 20 May 2011, 8:24 pm

If the Heat win this year then Bosh and James will be validated in their decision to come to Miami, legacy wise I think its still too early to say. He will lose the stigma that Malone, Ewing etc have of never winning a ring but he is still only going to be 26 at the start of next season, with at least 5 seasons left at the top of his game.

He has shown in these playoffs that he can close out a game, for me it was never in doubt but he needed to show that he can do it against the Celtics and he took over two games down the stretch in that series.

When Wade is done I think Lebron will be in a similar situation to the one Kobe is now, top 5 player, but the likes of Rose and Durant will be at the top of the game. Whether he can lead the Heat to more titles at that stage will depend on who is on the team, or even if he is on the same team

BamBam

Back to top Go down