The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

major roh news on saturday / card for supercard of honor event

+5
Clunge4life
ncfc_Tooze
Holymiky
AberdeenSteve
Fernando
9 posters

Go down

major roh news on saturday / card for supercard of honor event  Empty major roh news on saturday / card for supercard of honor event

Post by Fernando Fri 20 May 2011, 3:01 pm

s of ROH shutting down and/or going out of business are not true.

-- At this time, no former booker is returning to the company in any role.

-- There is a roster meeting set for Saturday in Chicago Ridge, IL to discuss plans for the company's future.

-- There have been reports that some big news will break for the company soon, but ROH President Cary Silkin has only stated that, "When there is something to talk about, we will talk about it."

-- ROH has been teasing a "proclamation" on the website for Saturday.

-- Among the wrestlers, there have been rumors of a new investor and or TV partner coming in. Nothing has been confirmed at this time.

it'll be very interesting to see what this news is.

-- Here is the card for Saturday's Supercard of Honor event…

* ROH champion Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini
* Chicago Street Fight: Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express
* Claudio Castagnoli with Shane Hagadorn vs. Shelton Benjamin
* Davey Richards vs. Charlie Haas
* Chris Hero with Shane Hagadorn vs. El Generico
* Steve Corino vs. "The Prodigy" Mike Bennett with Brutal Bob Evans banned from the building.
* ROH TV champion Christopher Daniels vs. Colt Cabana.
*Homicide vs. Michael Elgin with Truth Martini

source click it you know you want to Wink

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

major roh news on saturday / card for supercard of honor event  Empty Re: major roh news on saturday / card for supercard of honor event

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 20 May 2011, 3:11 pm

The Street Fight is going to be epic. Cannot wait!

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

major roh news on saturday / card for supercard of honor event  Empty Re: major roh news on saturday / card for supercard of honor event

Post by Fernando Fri 20 May 2011, 3:15 pm

Among the wrestlers, there have been rumors of a new investor and or TV partner coming in. Nothing has been confirmed at this time.

anyone notice how they've been rather cosy towards wwe recently with cm punk and tyler black departures to there and them holding shows alongside wwe at wrestlemania?

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 20 May 2011, 3:16 pm

Maybe WWE have purchased ROH.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 20 May 2011, 3:17 pm

Maybe WWE will use it as a feeder system

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by AberdeenSteve Fri 20 May 2011, 3:18 pm

I hope not, Vince will just end up watering down that product too Sad

AberdeenSteve

Back to top Go down

Post by Holymiky Fri 20 May 2011, 3:19 pm

Or do it some favours.

ROH is good but people have stated that it don't have the mainstream exposure which is true, Vince could help that.

Holymiky

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 May 2011, 3:24 pm

personally i hope that's it them getting a tv deal or someone who can afford to get them a deal on tv.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 20 May 2011, 3:31 pm

i would love to see them as competion to WWE/TNA.

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Clunge4life Fri 20 May 2011, 3:43 pm

I'm not a big follower of ROH but by looking a past posts from people seems to be the place to go to actually watcg WRESTLING - any standout performers on this card?

Anyone you see being a bonafide star in the big league?

Clunge4life

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 May 2011, 3:46 pm

Clunge4life wrote:I'm not a big follower of ROH but by looking a past posts from people seems to be the place to go to actually watcg WRESTLING - any standout performers on this card?

Anyone you see being a bonafide star in the big league?
possibly the briscoe brothers, davey richards and a couple others overall its a very solid run company and very entertaining

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ncfc_Tooze Fri 20 May 2011, 4:07 pm

I would say Davey Richards

on another note do you think this could be why heyman is trying to unsettle cm punk

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Fernando Fri 20 May 2011, 4:09 pm

could well be get him back to ROH for when they back their tv debut?

just imagine having the main event and towards the end have his music hit and come out and gts everyone in sight.

Fernando
Fernando
Fernando

Back to top Go down

Post by ADMIN Fri 20 May 2011, 4:12 pm

As well as the ones Nando has mentioned my namesake Chris Hero is one that I just cannot believe WWE never made an attempt for.
El Generico I think is fantastic, really puts on a show in the ring.
And for a fed that people often deride for putting wrestling very much in the forefront at the expense of mic time then Colt Cabana is one of the best talkers in the industry.

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr Gregory House MD Fri 20 May 2011, 4:29 pm

fernando wrote:
anyone notice how they've been rather cosy towards wwe recently with cm punk and tyler black departures to there and them holding shows alongside wwe at wrestlemania?

To be fair its not like the fact the multi-million (billion?) dollar company like WWE can't take anyone they want from ROH plus Punk left ROH 6 years ago now

Both ROH and DGUSA ran shows at Wrestlemania weekend this year but I think that is more the case of the vultures following the lion than any conspiricy

Dr Gregory House MD

Back to top Go down

Post by John-Original Name King Fri 20 May 2011, 8:58 pm

So, where can people stream this? Looks like a good card and I know a bit about a lot of these guys and always thought I should get into ROH but never have.

John-Original Name King

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sat 21 May 2011, 2:58 am

I'm hearing from a guy whose claimed to work for TNA for years on the WF Boards that ROH are bust but are hopeful they can salvage the company

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down