The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brian Rose Gets His World Title Shot

+6
BallchinianMuffwig
Kurt Ward
TopHat24/7
Rodney
88Chris05
hampo17
10 posters

Go down

Brian Rose Gets His World Title Shot Empty Brian Rose Gets His World Title Shot

Post by hampo17 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 11:54 am

Brian Rose will challenge Demetrius Andrade for the WBO Light Middleweight title on June 14 in America, live on Sky Sports.

The Blackpool star earned his shot with a gutsy win over Javier Maciel in Sheffield in October, and the 29 year old is set to appear on the undercard of Ruslan Provodnikov’s latest WBO Light Welterweight defence.

Rose’s shot represents a remarkable rise to the top after claiming the Lonsdale belt outright in 2012 before moving onto the World scene with a final round stoppage of Joachim Alcine in April 2013 to claim the WBO Inter-Continental title and move into range for his dream shot, on a night that he plans to shock the world.

“I'm delighted that Eddie Hearn has got me this shot,” said Rose. “It’s a dream come true for me and something that I have wanted since I starting boxing at the age of 9.

“It's going to be a great experience for me and my trainer Bobby to go out to America and compete for the World title. But we’re not going over there to make up the numbers; I’m bringing that belt back to the UK.

“Andrade is no doubt a World class fighter. He’s got the title and an impressive amateur pedigree. But I’ve got experience on my side, I’ve had more fights and more 12 rounders. I’ve been in with better and tougher opponents so this fight doesn't and won't faze me.

“On June 14 I will prove my critics wrong once again, I'm going to return as a World Champion.”

“I'm delighted that Brian will get his shot at WBO champ Demetrius Andrade,” said Hearn. “Brian came through a tough final eliminator against Javier Maciel and Brian and Bobby have been building a plan ever since to beat Andrade. It's a huge opportunity for Brian and one I know he is relishing.”

http://www.v2journal.com/29/post/2014/03/rose-gets-dream-world-title-shot.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Brian Rose Gets His World Title Shot Empty Re: Brian Rose Gets His World Title Shot

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:00 pm

Remarkable rise to the top ????..

Worse than Smith this guy....Journeyman in any other era...

Brave but you can only fight with your face so long..

Hope he loses...... Has no right attaining a World title with his talent level..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Brian Rose Gets His World Title Shot Empty Re: Brian Rose Gets His World Title Shot

Post by 88Chris05 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:04 pm

But what if Mayweather fancies a Light-Middleweight unification bout against him, Truss?
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:06 pm

Well he's due an easy fight.....After beating the 154 pound number 1

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Rodney Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:12 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Well he's due an easy fight.....After beating the 154 pound number 1

Not entirely true Truss, he won at a catchweight and remember you don't consider catchweight wins as legitimate.

Cheers Rodders
Rodney
Rodney

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:28 pm

Truss getting owned each way her turns.... Laugh

Fair play to the lad, though he'll be a softer 'world champ' than Darren Barker even.

Sure Strongy sees this as another disgraceful act by Hearn, making one of his charges take a career high pay day and a shot at a world title he's always dreamed of. Awful stuff warning

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by Kurt Ward Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:37 pm

120-108. If Rose wins a round I would be very shocked. Andrade is a very good boxer. Rose is Domestic level IMO.

Kurt Ward

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 12:39 pm

Toppy as objective as usual

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by BallchinianMuffwig Sat 22 Mar 2014, 1:58 pm

Agree with Trussman on this one, this fight is quite ridiculous. But obviously good luck to him and all that.

BallchinianMuffwig

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 22 Mar 2014, 6:11 pm

He earned the shot by moving up the rankings and winning his eliminator fight. Fair play to him.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 22 Mar 2014, 6:15 pm

So you're happy with Maidana earning his shot then... good boy..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat 22 Mar 2014, 6:31 pm

Completely different, Andrade isn't spoken of being one of the greatest to lace them up which Mayweather is.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 22 Mar 2014, 6:51 pm

Ali was one of the greatest...Coopman,Wepner, Spinks, Dunn...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Pound-for-Pound Sat 22 Mar 2014, 7:21 pm

They did fight more often back then, the same year Ali fought Wepner he went on to fight Bugner, Lyle and Frazier, plus he was just coming off of the Foreman fight.
If you're going to claim to be the GOAT and only fight twice a year then surely you have to face the best possible opponent in those two fights? Maidana in May and then most likely Khan in September is hardly doing that.

Pound-for-Pound

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sat 22 Mar 2014, 7:32 pm

Cooper 2, Evangelista, Bugner 2, Patterson 2, ...

Every great fights some ordinary stuff.

I know a bit about those days..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Sat 22 Mar 2014, 9:01 pm

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:So you're happy with Maidana earning his shot then... good boy..

At no point have I said I don't think Maidana hasn't earned his shot. Good wins over Soto Karass and Lopez and then AB BABY, winning a world title in the weight division Mayweather resides in there isn't much more he can do to earn the shot.

The fight however will be bitterly disappointing and one sided as you can believe for a high level bout.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down