The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

V2 Boxing Podcast Tom Stalker Exclusive

Go down

V2 Boxing Podcast Tom Stalker Exclusive Empty V2 Boxing Podcast Tom Stalker Exclusive

Post by hampo17 Fri 21 Mar 2014, 8:50 pm

By Damien McKinley

Tom Stalker (7(2)-0) was not just one of the best amateurs in the UK but is quickly becoming one of the top prospects in UK professional boxing. He once again took the time out to speak with v2journal.com and as ever it was a pleasure to hear his news and views along with a big announcement on his future.

“I found it easy to begin with, but then started to get a little tired”

Tom took only a week off after his points win against Calum Cooper on March 8th at Aintree. A fight that Stalker himself describes as priceless experience. This was his first fight over an eight round distance and in Cooper we had a guy who is a sparring partner to the likes of Frankie Gavin etc. In other words, it was no pushover. Tom got off to a flyer and admits he found it easy to begin with, but then once the untested waters began to get deeper he did find it tiring. But this is irrelevant because he still won convincingly and looked good in the process.

“I'll be back out on May 17th on Frank Warren's card at the Echo Arena (Liverpool)”

Tom will be back in action on a big bumper card at the Echo Arena stacked with Liverpool's finest on May 17th so make sure to get down and support all the fighters on that bill. More details on this card are to follow so watch this space....

“I will moving to Marbella to train at Matthew Macklin's gym”

The big announcement to come from our chat is that Tom and his family will be moving out to Marbella, Spain. Matthew Macklin's gym being the fight factory that Tom hopes will mould him into the fighter that surely will succeed. In Macklin's gym there will be top quality sparring with such names as Bradley Saunders, Jamie Kavanagh and other top Eastern European fighters. Tom also insists that the climate and altitude will improve his stamina and overall fitness.

“I make Light Welter so easily”

Finally, we touched on whether Tom will be sticking around the light welter division or moving up or down......simple answer....”I'm staying at light welter for the rest of my career”.

To listen to the show scroll to the bottom of the page or download from iTunes here (click)

If you have problem listening to the show on the v2Journal, you can listen directly to the show on http://boxing.podomatic.com/entry/2014-03-05T23_01_34-08_00

If you want to get in touch with the team email boxing@v2journal.com or tweet us @v2boxing.

Make sure you have liked our Facebook page, you can do so by clicking here.

http://v2journal.com/28/post/2014/03/v2-boxing-podcast-tom-stalker-exclusive.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down