The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taking shop - Day of Reckoning

Go down

Taking shop - Day of Reckoning Empty Taking shop - Day of Reckoning

Post by Paul Mac 6CW Fri 11 Apr 2014 - 10:19

Day of Reckoning In Review By Jaden T Waters

I know, I know. It's almost been a week and too be honest I don't really care about what I think now either. I could roll out a number of reasons why I am late with my review but all of them would be far from the sad truth that in fact the PPV hit me hard, the reasons why I will lay out in a bit but needless to say I have struggled to get out of the bed day upon day distraught for what will become of my beloved
6CW

In reality the night got off to a great start with two 'youngsters' who I think will be around for a long time. AA may not be my or most of your cup of tea but there is no denying his in ring abilities and it was proved with the great technical display we were treated to. Jimmy Philips has spoken over the last couple of months about how this would be his year and on this showing I would not doubt it for one second. This feud may be over but I hope we get to see these two men in a ring together again

Jimmy Phillips vs Alexander Altair
B+

The second match was hotly anticipated. Vincent Costello is a former EWF World Champion and has been on a path of collision with The Authority for quite some time. Roth may have been the opponent this time but I believed(until later on) that Costello was destined for greater things and would be that shining knight fighting against the tyranny of Mr Jones that we were all looking for. The match itself was brutal, both men tip toeing along the line between honesty and down right skull duggery and the finish was probably how we should have expected although perhaps we would have assumed Roth would cheat his way to the W. At the time I leapt from my seat and punched the air, in hindsight perhaps I should have saved my energy

6CW UK Championship
Tyler Roth ©️ vs Vincent Costello
B+

The Tag division has been a breath of fresh air. We have seen a string of matches of the highest quality involving superstars who have been at the top of the singles ladder all fighting for that new chance of gold. I will hold my hand up and say I thought it was all set in stone that The Authority would be victorious and was pleasantly surprised with the outcome although how long Masters and Harris can co-exist is still up for discussion. This feud isn't over in my eyes. The Authority clearly has issues with Harris and Jones has never been a fan of Masters. If I was a betting man I would expect a rematch at Night of Glory

6CW Tag Team Championships
Mike Masters/Scott Harris vs Marty Helms/Jonathan Daniels
B

Considering I am a fuly paid up member of the Riff Raff revolution this is probably the least anticipated match on the card although this has nothing to do with the work of Hobo since his return. The man has been gold on the mic and has shown he's still got it in the ring. My issue is with Grimstone, I don't want to rubbish the abilities of any of the 6CW superstars they are all highly skilled individuals but I just don't get Grimstone and in my opinion he is not 6CW material (What ever that means). Hobo got the win and hopefully will go on to bigger and better things(My heart says one more Trash TV reunion is only around the corner but my head says Sad ) Grimstone may be coming to a TNA show near you

Hobo vs Teddy Grimstone
B

Given the packed nature of the card and the fact we had a double Main Event thi smatch was arguably one of the most hotly anticipated matches since 6CW returned. These two man have taken us on a roller coaster of emotion across 6 months, blurred the lines of heel and face dynamics and have treated us to a candidate for match of the year at Revolution. But this one was the biggie, this was the one that would cement their places in history, both mens futures would be decided. A friendship would be ended once and for all.

With all that considered nothing prepared me for what actually happened. As Wood stood in the ring and Thunder's music played my eyes were wide with horror as I watched the atrocity unfold before me. I woudl bet any amount of money that nobody saw this coming, from the look on the Viper's face all of the trouble of the past few months faded into insignificance as he watched his best friend destroyed by a man who we all considered to be on our side. Costello you are a horrible, horrible man and I hope you get all you deserve. I have picked my Liam Wood t-shirt out of the trash and I am wearing it with pride. Get him Liam and tear him a new one!!

Liam “The Viper” Wood vs Thunder
A- But for all the wrong reasons

Phew, well after all that I settled back down for what I expected to be a breather. Surely The Authority would protect their champion ahead of the biggest match of the year?

What I actually saw was one of the most hellacious, brutal matches I have ever had the fortune to witness. My hat is off to both participants, you both couldnt have given any more. I'm holding my hand up on a number of occasions I thought we had a new champion. Enforcer I don't like this version of you, I don't like what you stand for but on Sunday night you showed why you deserve to still have that gold around your waist. On any other night this would have been the match of the night

EWF World Championship
Enforcer ©️ vs Ojore
A+

Gateway to Glory (30 Man Battle Royal, winner gets a title shot at Night of Glory)
A+

At this point I am nearly on the floor, I barely have the energy to watch another minute so how some of the competitors who were pulling double duty managed to last over an hour I will never know. Off the bat we were dealt two body blows. Nate number one and then the big announcement, the goal posts were changing. Yes the winner of the GTG would still Main Event Night of Glory but they would do so as the
6CW Champion. It was a masterstroke by Mr. Jones, he played his hand perfectly (or near perfectly)

The match itself was full of high spots. Robin Reborn winning the Kofi Kingston award for his high flying brilliance until he came to a sticky end at the hands of Mr Creepy himself Joshua. Massive props must go to Mike Masters and Nate Nack for lasting over an hour, the former helping himself to the most eliminations on the night (including his own partner - Boo hiss!!), a special mention to Percy Percival for the 5 seconds of pleasure he gave to the 6CW universe ;)but when the dust settled we were left with our final four. The champions Nate and Enforcer and the unlikely team of Gazzy and Max Adamson, at this point my money was on Nate, we have seen him time and time again overcoming adversity, he has been the thorn in the side of The Authority for the best part of a year but perhaps this was one fight to far, the weight of the challenge was too great and Nate was the first of the four to fall at the hands of Big E. Three men remained and the fate of 6CW's future seemingly rested in the hands of Gazzy D, alas once again this proved not to be his night as Gazzy was eliminated only moments after saving his 'boss' from falling to the arena floor but that wasn't the end of Gazzy's influence on the match and I can only assume that Gazzy felt that an Adamson win was the lesser of two evils when he helped Max once more by providing a back for him to avoid elimination and then going on to restrain Enforcer as Max grabbed the chance he had been waiting for with both hands

We have a new champion but what does this mean for 6CW? The Authority are still without the one prize they search for, Max is back at the top of the mountain and Gazzy fulfilled the prophecy to help him get there.

We are one step further along the road to Glory but the picture is still to become clear. What will come from the Aftermath, the 20th April can not come soon enough

Did you like this article?
Please leave your comments below

Paul Mac 6CW
6CW Creative

Location : Born in Surrey, live near Sunderland and work in London

Back to top Go down