The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Noakes latest kiwi poached by England

+27
Notch
kiakahaaotearoa
Scratch
nganboy
rainbow-warrior
nathan
sickofwendy
HammerofThunor
LeinsterFan4life
LondonTiger
whocares
yappysnap
aucklandlaurie
chewed_mintie
Hound of Harrow
ChequeredJersey
lostinwales
Irish Londoner
Cyril
Biltong
GoodinTightSpaces
Breadvan
Geordie
beshocked
Ozzy3213
No 7&1/2
GloriousEmpire
31 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Chris Noakes latest kiwi poached by England  Empty Chris Noakes latest kiwi poached by England

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 02 May 2014, 8:13 am

Yet another kiwi born, bred and trained player has been deemed by the envy-eyed poms as superior to anything they could rear themselves.

The England-eligible player has been snapped up from Auckland blues in a boobie-for-tat copycat move in response to warren Gatlands targeting of Gareth Anscombe.

One wonders whether some kind of talent royalty to NZ clubs shouldn't be on the agenda and whether shortly international rugby will follow suit with club rugby and be just a wider exhibition of SH talent representing different global brands.

And what for the young lad growing up Britain or France? Or even Italy for that matter? Are their rugby ambitions better served by moving to NZ as soon as possible to put themselves on the radars of European selectors?

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Chris Noakes latest kiwi poached by England  Empty Re: Chris Noakes latest kiwi poached by England

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 02 May 2014, 8:20 am

Are you really 40?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Chris Noakes latest kiwi poached by England  Empty Re: Chris Noakes latest kiwi poached by England

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 02 May 2014, 8:21 am

I shouldn't really but I will.

What a crock!

Do you know anything about the deal to take Noakes to London Irish? I suspect not. It has been in negotiation for some time now and was concluded weeks ago but not announced. It has nothing to do with the RFU and pre dates Gatland's talk about Anscombe.

The fact that he is EQ by some means is simply a bonus in terms of him not counting against Irish's foreign player allowance. All teams have overseas players, including the various Pacific Island internationals that have played for the New Zealand franchises.

Grow up and start a sensible rugby discussion as opposed to trying to take sly digs at the game in the Northern Hemisphere, or crawl back under your rock and stay there chief.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 02 May 2014, 8:29 am

Oh dear - surely not another senior site member trying to peddle the well tired and debunked myth that NZ are harvesting pacific islands? I thought this fallacy had been discarded long ago - however as I notice the thread created to deal specifically with this nonsense was "censored" out of existence last week I can hardly be surprised.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 02 May 2014, 8:40 am

Gloriousempire it works both ways too. NZ have been trying to turn an Englishman into a NZer - Matt Symons. Just like you tried to poach Martin Johnson you have another lock in your sights.

I hope Matt Symons comes back to his boyhood club.

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 02 May 2014, 8:49 am

I'm not sure the one isolated example in the entire of history of an Englishman acting as a stop-gap in the All Blacks line up is anywhere approaching the prolific pilfering of the poms to be honest.

For starters England have had a dozen kiwis in their team in the last several years along with a multitude of other imports - despite having the largest player base to develop and chose from by a factor of ten.

Secondly NZ did not poach Johnson. We merely identified the talent that England didn't and trained him for you. Pretty much any lock who was trained by the junior All Blacks unit would end up captaining England if you think about it - so you're looking at it entirely the wrong way around.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 02 May 2014, 8:49 am

I'm not sure the one isolated example in the entire of history of an Englishman acting as a stop-gap in the All Blacks line up (way back in the amateur era) is anywhere approaching the prolific pilfering professional poaching of the poms to be honest.

For starters England have had a dozen kiwis in their team in the last several years along with a multitude of other imports - despite having the largest player base to develop and chose from by a factor of ten.

Secondly NZ did not poach Johnson. We merely identified the talent that England didn't and trained him for you. Pretty much any lock who was trained by the junior All Blacks unit would end up captaining England if you think about it - so you're looking at it entirely the wrong way around.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 02 May 2014, 8:53 am

Do you believe that we shouldn't let any NZ born people live and work here GG?

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 02 May 2014, 8:54 am

I believe they shouldn't represent England, yes.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 02 May 2014, 8:57 am

Has Noakes done such a thing yet then? If not you should probably change your posts. If you believe it's ok for a Kiwi to live and work here there's no current issue I'm sure you'll agree.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 May 2014, 9:00 am

Ah guys dont rise to him.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 02 May 2014, 9:02 am

Rise to what Geordie. All reports done ahead of bank holiday means I'm bored!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 May 2014, 9:10 am

Dont rise to his baiting.

But if you are bored...then fair enough.  Wink 

Enjoy

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 02 May 2014, 9:12 am

I think you have to take him seriously to rise!

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 02 May 2014, 9:17 am

Very good point mate.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 02 May 2014, 9:24 am

Gloriousempire I was giving a recent example of NZ poaching England players. It might be an isolated incident but you're still guilty.

Oh right so you're saying that because we do more poaching than you it's acceptable for you to do your own poaching?

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 02 May 2014, 9:59 am

Poached?  Laugh  Overseas player joins LI shocker. How is he EQ? Parents, or Spitfire sent some ale over for him to try?
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Fri 02 May 2014, 10:03 am

GG would you please answer some of the critical questions that you seem to be completely ignoring.

Are you really 40?

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Biltong Fri 02 May 2014, 10:12 am

I am surprised each day when people respond to GE's windups.

You keep feeding the monster, and he keeps eating.

You don't seem to learn.
Biltong
Biltong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 02 May 2014, 10:14 am

Biltong wrote:I am surprised each day when people respond to GE's windups.

You keep feeding the monster, and he keeps eating.

You don't seem to learn.
If this is a wind-up thread why not just delete it? Then the monster goes to bed without supper.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 02 May 2014, 10:17 am

Biltong you could just ban the monster.....

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Fri 02 May 2014, 10:21 am

i looooooooooove witch hunts...i mean monster hunts.

ban godzilla.

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 02 May 2014, 10:23 am

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:ban godzilla.
He's more Godzooky than Godzilla.

Whenever Godzooky tries to breathe fire, he usually just coughs up smoke

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Fri 02 May 2014, 10:25 am

Only fair to point out that he is "English qualified" and has not yet been capped, named in a squad, selected for the Saxons or anything else, so as far as I can see then no-ones "poached" anyone.
When he gets selected for England and runs out in a white jersey GE please feel free to have a gloat but until then he's just another Kiwi who has come to the ancestral home to better themselves financially - rather like yourself.

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Breadvan Fri 02 May 2014, 10:26 am

Loved the slapstick music than came with godzookys antics...
Breadvan
Breadvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 02 May 2014, 10:27 am

Breadvan wrote:Loved the slapstick music than came with godzookys antics...
It's what I hear playing whenever I read another of GE's 'discussions' Smile

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by beshocked Fri 02 May 2014, 10:31 am

Does anyone realistically think that Chris Noakes would get into the England squad anyway?

England at 10 have Farrell,Ford,Myler and Cipriani as the leading 10s. As well as perhaps Burns if he can rediscover some form.

Then you have someone like Geraghty who I thought played really well vs Saints (can't comment on his other matches). Now I am not saying he deserves an England recall but at 27, if he can rediscover some early sparkle...

beshocked

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 02 May 2014, 10:33 am

beshocked wrote:Does anyone realistically think that Chris Noakes would get into the England squad anyway?

England at 10 have Farrell,Ford,Myler and Cipriani as the leading 10s. As well as perhaps Burns if he can rediscover some form.

Then you have someone like Geraghty who I thought played really well vs Saints (can't comment on his other matches). Now I am not saying he deserves an England recall but at 27, if he can rediscover some early sparkle...
He's about to turn 29 anyway so I very much doubt it.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 10:36 am

I like the royalty idea GE. They touch the ball, that's 10 cents please. Ok, maybe not, but clip the ticket somehow rather than having NZ and SA clubs wasting time and money developing players like Noakes and 100 others for no reward. Why doesn't rugby have a transfer system like football? It's rediculous. I bet that would do a lot for PI rugby as well. They could actually have clubs in the islands with 'actual' money if they could reap the rewards of their genetics and get paid money for their players.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 02 May 2014, 10:36 am

You would have thought that if anyone the most likely NZ/EQ no.10 who might just eventually end up on the extended list would be Botica.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Cyril Fri 02 May 2014, 10:37 am

lostinwales wrote:You would have thought that if anyone the most likely NZ/EQ no.10 who might just eventually end up on the extended list would be Botica.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Cyril

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Fri 02 May 2014, 10:45 am

Cyril wrote:
lostinwales wrote:You would have thought that if anyone the most likely NZ/EQ no.10 who might just eventually end up on the extended list would be Botica.
I was just thinking the same thing.

Last season I might have agreed. I guess you missed his display vs Saints Wink
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 02 May 2014, 10:47 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:Oh dear - surely not another senior site member trying to peddle the well tired and debunked myth that NZ are harvesting pacific islands? I thought this fallacy had been discarded long ago - however as I notice the thread created to deal specifically with this nonsense was "censored" out of existence last week I can hardly be surprised.

Are you actually able to read? Where exactly have I mentioned harvesting the Pacific Islands? I was talking about overseas players, people like Mahonri Schwalger, Kane Thompson and Asaeli Tikoirotuma at the Chiefs, who are capped by other countries, yet ply their trade in New Zealand. Sadly, you are unable to have a sensible discussion, and please don't class me as a senior site member, as I am not, and if I was, you wouldn't be here fella.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by GloriousEmpire Fri 02 May 2014, 11:10 am

Wow. A moderator breaking house rules by making a personal attack.

GloriousEmpire

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 02 May 2014, 11:13 am

Mate, if you think that's a personal attack, you probably ought to get out a bit more.  Laugh 
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Fri 02 May 2014, 11:15 am

GloriousEmpire wrote:Wow. A moderator breaking house rules by making a personal attack.

are you really 40 though. very hard to get a straight answer from you

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Hound of Harrow Fri 02 May 2014, 11:43 am

Oh dear - there are way more kiwis playing in the T14 in France (36 at the last count) than playing in the AP (21).*

But no, the bitter ire is reserved for the English.

Sad puppy.

* 20 kiwis in the Pro12.

Hound of Harrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 12:10 pm

Wow, that many? I don't think there are any poms or French playing in the SH.

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 02 May 2014, 12:11 pm

ebop wrote:Wow, that many? I don't think there are any poms or French playing in the SH.

Matt Symons is suiting up for the Chiefs and Canterbury....

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 12:12 pm

True. 1 player.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 12:13 pm

Poor guy, hope he's not lonely.

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 02 May 2014, 12:15 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:
GloriousEmpire wrote:Oh dear - surely not another senior site member trying to peddle the well tired and debunked myth that NZ are harvesting pacific islands? I thought this fallacy had been discarded long ago - however as I notice the thread created to deal specifically with this nonsense was "censored" out of existence last week I can hardly be surprised.

Are you actually able to read?  Where exactly have I mentioned harvesting the Pacific Islands?  I was talking about overseas players, people like Mahonri Schwalger, Kane Thompson and Asaeli Tikoirotuma at the Chiefs, who are capped by other countries, yet ply their trade in New Zealand.  Sadly, you are unable to have a sensible discussion, and please don't class me as a senior site member, as I am not, and if I was, you wouldn't be here fella.

Good point, senior site members shouild be shown far more respect.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Fri 02 May 2014, 12:19 pm

ebop wrote:Wow, that many? I don't think there are any poms or French playing in the SH.

why would NH players go to SH, sure they would end up taking a pay cut.

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 12:22 pm

Good point, never thought of that.

Back to top Go down

Post by yappysnap Fri 02 May 2014, 12:30 pm

At other times there were Delve, Michalak, Haskell, Cipriani and Andy Goode (!)

Also Matt Stevens is heading there next season.

yappysnap

Back to top Go down

Post by aucklandlaurie Fri 02 May 2014, 12:30 pm

Anyway us Aucklanders dont mind providing England or for that matter the rest of the World the rest of the World with rugby players, its what we are good at.

For every Noakes or Botica departing the city we have the fresh players the likes of Simon Hickey or a Ihaia West who in a couple of months time will be well known to all the Rugby World.

aucklandlaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 02 May 2014, 12:41 pm

Here here. Goodbye and good luck noakes, Payne, aki, etc etc, you will be forgotten

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 02 May 2014, 1:22 pm

aucklandlaurie wrote: Anyway us Aucklanders dont mind providing England or for that matter the rest of the World  the rest of the World with rugby players, its what we are good at.

For every Noakes or Botica departing the city we have the fresh players the likes of Simon Hickey or a Ihaia West who in a couple of months time will be well known to all the Rugby World.

Careful Laurie, you can't claim West when he's already announced himself on the scene with Hawke's Bay! A Blues player he is, a JAFA he is not!

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by whocares Fri 02 May 2014, 1:22 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:

there was guy called lespinasse playing in the ITM cup (for hawkes bay I think). couple of good french players used to spend time in SA (mainly sharks) but that's finished now.

whocares

Back to top Go down

Post by chewed_mintie Fri 02 May 2014, 1:23 pm

GoodinTightSpaces wrote:

If you take economics out of it for one minute, ask yourself, "where do the best players play?"

chewed_mintie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next