The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was going on football wise on your birth date?

+13
Nakatomi Plaza
kwinigolfer
hodge
NickisBHAFC
88Chris05
hampo17
VDT
hornbloweroafc
westisbest
CFCNick
ncfc_Tooze
Duty281
hbk48942
17 posters

Go down

What was going on football wise on your birth date?  Empty What was going on football wise on your birth date?

Post by hbk48942 Wed 07 May 2014, 10:39 pm

go to this page - http://www.statto.com/football/stats/results -and check it out

according to that page no games were played on my birthday but Man United were top of the league by 10 points ahead of Aston Villa after winning the day before and Villa losing.

hbk48942

Back to top Go down

What was going on football wise on your birth date?  Empty Re: What was going on football wise on your birth date?

Post by Duty281 Wed 07 May 2014, 10:47 pm

The South Pacific Games, and Tahiti stuffed Wallis and Futana (no, me neither) by thirteen goals to nil.

Get on!

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

What was going on football wise on your birth date?  Empty Re: What was going on football wise on your birth date?

Post by ncfc_Tooze Wed 07 May 2014, 11:09 pm

Nothing happened on my actual birth date, but that week was the second legs of the second round of the league cup
the day before I was born in that Norwich beat Charlton 3-0 , Cambridge drew 1-1 with man united and Southampton drew with Scarborough 2-2

ncfc_Tooze
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 07 May 2014, 11:38 pm

I was born three days after the World Cup final.

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 08 May 2014, 8:55 am

hbk48942 wrote:go to this page - http://www.statto.com/football/stats/results -and check it out

according to that page no games were played on my birthday but Man United were top of the league by 10 points ahead of Aston Villa after winning the day before and Villa losing.

Ah the good old days.

old division 4

Barnsley 2 Crewe 2

English league cup third round replay
millwall 3 leyton orient 0

scottish league cup q/f
clydebank 1 ranges 2.

I was born on a tuesday, on the saturday we beat Bristol City 3-1 in the old first division.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by hornbloweroafc Thu 08 May 2014, 10:44 am

English FA Cup Third Round Replay
Hull City 0-2 Chelsea

The day before my team Oldham won 1 nil away to Cardiff in the old Div2. We were second in the league!
hornbloweroafc
hornbloweroafc

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Thu 08 May 2014, 12:27 pm

Exciting stuff - England lost - Wales lost!!!

Wednesday 9th September 1981
English Conference
Maidstone Utd 2-2 Worcester City
World Cup Europe Qualifying Round Group 2
Belgium 2-0 France
Holland 2-2 Republic of Ireland
World Cup Europe Qualifying Round Group 3
Czechoslovakia 2-0 Wales
Iceland 2-0 Turkey
World Cup Europe Qualifying Round Group 4
Norway 2-1 England
World Cup Europe Qualifying Round Group 5
Denmark 1-2 Yugoslavia
World Cup Europe Qualifying Round Group 6
Scotland 2-0 Sweden
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 08 May 2014, 12:48 pm

I think, VDT, that England match was the game best remembered for:

"Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana, vi har slått dem alle sammen, vi har slått dem alle sammen [we have beaten them all, we have beaten them all]. Maggie Thatcher, can you hear me? Maggie Thatcher [...] your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by hampo17 Thu 08 May 2014, 1:53 pm

Liverpool beat Coventry 4-0 and were top of the league by 13 points. Wrexham beat Crewe 2-1 that day as well Very Happy

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 08 May 2014, 3:40 pm

My team were in action, as it goes. 1-1 draw with Luton Town on May 13, 1988.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 08 May 2014, 5:33 pm

I was born 20th June 1994. So the World Cup 1994 would of been on.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Thu 08 May 2014, 5:33 pm

I was born 20th June 1994. So the World Cup 1994 would of been on.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Thu 08 May 2014, 11:47 pm

Nov 13th 1991

Poland 1-1 England

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by kwinigolfer Fri 09 May 2014, 1:27 pm

Interesting!
Grimsby in the old Div 1
Tottenham in Div 2
Palace in Div 3S along with Brighton
Hull in Div 3N, as was New Brighton

kwinigolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by VDT Fri 09 May 2014, 1:42 pm

kwinigolfer wrote:Interesting!
Grimsby in the old Div 1
Tottenham in Div 2
Palace in Div 3S along with Brighton
Hull in Div 3N, as was New Brighton

New Brighton would be my local team if they still existed but they went bust in the early 80's
VDT
VDT
Admin
Admin

https://soundcloud.com/chris-lappin-1

Back to top Go down

Post by Nakatomi Plaza Fri 09 May 2014, 9:11 pm

It was an all German UEFA cup semi final line up on the day I was born. Moenchengladbach beat VFB Stuttgart 2-0 to win 3-2 on aggregate. Bayern Munich got smashed 5-1 away to Eintracht Frankfurt, losing 5-3 on aggregate.

Nakatomi Plaza

Back to top Go down

Post by spencerclarke Mon 12 May 2014, 11:21 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:I was born 20th June 1994. So the World Cup 1994 would of been on.

Bebeto's son? chin 

spencerclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by LastDamnation Tue 13 May 2014, 6:50 pm

World Cup Second Round:

Argentina 1-0 Brazil (n)
West Germany 2-1 Holland (n)

LastDamnation

Back to top Go down

Post by The Fourth Lion Sun 08 Jun 2014, 6:52 pm

On the day I was born........  

The football season had only just started and Wolves were top of the 1st Division after only two games with Blackpool in second place.

Portsmouth were bottom of the first division (no surprise there) but would finish 15th at the end of the season.  Arsenal finished that season as champions with Preston North End runners up and Wolves in third place.

Looking down the table for that season..... Charlton Athletic finished 5th, Burnley 6th and Blackpool 7th...... all of them above  Matt Busby-led Manchester United in 8th.

Blackpool won the FA Cup in the "Matthews Cup Final" which was also the last occasion when a hat trick was scored in an FA Cup Final.

When I was born the European Cup would not be invented for another four years, there was no League Cup (that wouldn't start until the 60's),  and England's first international in my lifetime was a 2 - 2 draw with Northern Ireland.  The England team featured Billy Wright, Nat Lofthouse, Tom Finney, Jimmy Dickinson (Pompey legend) and a young full back who would one day make a bit of a name for himself as a manager.... Alf Ramsey.

Times have changed a bit, haven't they...??
The Fourth Lion
The Fourth Lion

Back to top Go down

Post by cherriesfna Sun 08 Jun 2014, 10:09 pm

The day before my birthday AFCB completed THE Great escape

Cheers mum
cherriesfna
cherriesfna

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down