The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scott Quigg V Kid Galahad

+6
milkyboy
catchweight
88Chris05
Herman Jaeger
Gerry SA
wheelchair1991
10 posters

Go down

Scott Quigg V Kid Galahad Empty Scott Quigg V Kid Galahad

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 18 May 2014, 4:41 pm

Don't know if anyone caught this but his promoter sId he has made a substatial offer to hearn for the fight to happen in September in Sheffield, i didnt know fat Mick had the sort of cash to make this kind of her fight do you think it will happen?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Scott Quigg V Kid Galahad Empty Re: Scott Quigg V Kid Galahad

Post by Gerry SA Sun 18 May 2014, 4:44 pm

What made me laugh was Fat Mick saying on three occasions 'this would be a fight for a legitimate world title'

Since when?

The whole world knows Quigg isn't a real champion...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 18 May 2014, 4:46 pm

I thought that also cant see Hearn wanting Quigg on channal 5. Anyway isnt he in talks with LSC?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 18 May 2014, 4:50 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:I thought that also cant see Hearn wanting Quigg on channal 5. Anyway isnt he in talks with LSC?
I think so, but I'd rather see LSC vs Frampton TBH

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 18 May 2014, 4:53 pm

Well maybe but Quigg V LSC would be good also and will give him the chance to be a legitimate world champion

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Gerry SA Sun 18 May 2014, 4:54 pm

wheelchair1991 wrote:Well maybe but Quigg V LSC would be good also and will give him the chance to be a legitimate world champion
I don't see Quigg beating either LSC or Frampton TBH. Hence why I'd cut out the middle man...

Gerry SA

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 18 May 2014, 5:13 pm

Barry's been saying for quite a while now LSC/Frampton is the fight of the division. And it would be pretty difficult to disagree with that point of view at this point in time. This is taking into account of course that Rigo is in a league of his own and in stinkers.

Why would the earthquake want to fight Quigg before Frampton when the latter is both his mandatory and the higher payday?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 18 May 2014, 5:25 pm

Yep, saw what Hennessy had to say about this. Tough to ascertain just how "substantial" an offer is without the details being aired, but credit to him and Galahad for at least making an effort to bridge the promoter / network gap.

My overriding concern here is that Hearn and Matchroom might see themselves very much as the ones who make the offers, rather than being a part of the group who accept them. You'd have to imagine that even if Hennessy has made a very good offer for the fight to be on C5 along with the Dickinson-Ajisafe fight on September 27, Hearn (what with his Sky platform and much superior stable) could always make a better one for the fight to be a Sky show instead.

Trouble is, Hearn and Quigg don't really 'need' anything from Hennessy and Galahad. It's the other way around, hence why it's Hennessy (seemingly) doing the chasing. Hennessy's stable is pretty thin on the ground as it is compared to Hearn's, and he needs Galahad-Quigg to keep himself in that top tier of British promoters. Putting on a world title fight would be a breakthrough for him right now. On the other hand, Hearn can go without. He has plenty of fighters in the title mix and knocking on the door. He's got big names. If he doesn't make a Quigg-Galahad fight then he still has some of the best fighters in the UK to make up for it. Not the case for Mick.

I'm worried that Hearn will view the idea of Galahad-Quigg featuring on a card with Dickinson-Ajisafe as its main support as an insult to Quigg and use Hennessy's platform and offer not being big enough for a fight of that nature as a reason to forgo this particular offer. Doesn't mean the fight can't or won't still happen, but I reckon Hearn will probably want it on his terms.

For what it's worth, I think Galahad has a style that could cause Quigg problems and it'd be a very good fight.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Mon 19 May 2014, 12:26 am

Frampton should have no problem outboxing Leo, who like most Mexicans is one dimentional. But oh my what a dimension. His high octane style has had them cheering from the rafters in recent fights. I'm sure he has the highest output in the game. He's aiming to average 120 per round. He's got a great chin and has been improving his jab. Anyone who steps into a ring with him should get ready to eat some leather. A defensive savant with a good chin is always likely to beat him. His humble, softly spoken demeanour is at odds with the fighter that appears between the ropes. It's little wonder he has the fastest growing fanbase in the states.

Quiqq vs Galahad I'd love to see that fight. I think Galahad's definitely ready to challenge the big boys.

Last edited by Herman Jaggery on Wed 21 May 2014, 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Mon 19 May 2014, 8:21 am

If Hearn wants the fight he will probably just sign Kid Galahad to Matchroom.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Mon 19 May 2014, 10:22 am

To be honest if hearn did sign galahad you couldnt blame kid for going i mean hennessy is doing nothing to promote galahad when he is fighting most fans are not aware of it

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Mon 19 May 2014, 11:47 am

Be a good fight if it came off. Would come down to whether Barry can handle the weight of quigg's punches and whether he has the strength in his own to keep him off. Quigg would be favourite for me, for that reason, but a good match up.... And Galahad showed good resilience against dickens.

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Mon 19 May 2014, 11:58 am

It wouldn’t be a bad thing to get Quigg out on Channel 5 for the common fan to see him in action, but Hearn wouldn't allow his 'world champion' to fight on another promotion banner.

We always hear about these promoter 'offers' so it looks like they are making an concerted effort to get big fights for there boxer, when in reality, they know its not going to be accepted.

Hearn has now obviously realised the big money in the UK is with the big domestic showdowns. Can remember Barry Hearn touching on it on Ringside once when Groves was being touted as an possible opponent for Froch and he call it perfectly. Basically saying Groves is known to the British public and he knows his way around the ring and if the fight is a classic or is controversial, the rematch would be huge.

If Fat Mick can get a Kid in with an ex Champ or someone in the Top 10 and he performs, Eddie could see this as another domestic dust up meal ticket. But I think Kid needs to step up in his next fight, just to put his name in the equation.

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 19 May 2014, 1:39 pm

Waste of time this fight...........Galahad can't bang so Quigg walks through him.........

Have to get Quigg's respect...He is so big at the weight..

Not like Galahad is Pernell Whittaker........

Hennessy wants to look at other avenues before ruining one of his last few fighters..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Mon 19 May 2014, 1:41 pm

Personally I think Quigg hunts him down and stops him midrounds.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Mon 19 May 2014, 1:50 pm

Galahad could do with a couple more fights. He's getting stronger each time out but he needs the right fights.

Difficult for him as Hennessy struggles for opponents. That last guy was rated 177th by BoxRec.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down