The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gus Poyet Role, What would you do?!!

2 posters

Go down

Gus Poyet Role, What would you do?!! Empty Gus Poyet Role, What would you do?!!

Post by andy_14clark Tue 20 May 2014, 2:11 pm

If you had just finished the season and you were in Gustavo Poyet's shoes:

> Who would you keep from the out of contract players?
> Which players would you look to move on and sell?
> Any youngsters you think should be brought into the lineup?
> Who do you think we should try and sign?

Let me know your thoughts. Will be interesting to see what peoples opinions are!
andy_14clark
andy_14clark

Back to top Go down

Gus Poyet Role, What would you do?!! Empty Re: Gus Poyet Role, What would you do?!!

Post by NickisBHAFC Tue 20 May 2014, 3:23 pm

Well knowing Gus, he won't shut up about doing the impossible and keeping you up, he will say it was all down to him, he will link himself with every available job out there, he will then have ago at board for not giving him the money to get his imaginary players in. 

But i think Sunderland should look to keep hold of there key players and then focus on bringing in new talent.

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Gus Poyet Role, What would you do?!! Empty Re: Gus Poyet Role, What would you do?!!

Post by Guest Tue 20 May 2014, 3:28 pm

I don't think there's many Sunderland fans on here, to give you the required input that you desire. I'll give it a go.

Basically, if I was Gus Poyet, I'd leave immediately. Joke  Laugh 

I'd keep Colback because we don't want him, seriously, we don't want him at St. James' Park. Larsson should be re-signed, decent technician at set-pieces & still has plenty to offer, although I think he's linked to Stoke & wants to leave. I'd sign Alonso up ASAP, looked a very decent left back with good attributes. Not sure about Vergini, haven't really seen too much of him to make a judgement. Borini will be a big miss, as will Ki from Swansea. Both players appear to be staying at their clubs next season.

As for your youngsters, I have no idea about them. Talent pool in this area isn't too great. As for your summer signings, think you need a striker, Altidore is a f****** shocking player. I see Samaras has been linked from Celtic & he wants another shot at the EPL, could be an option, but I wouldn't be creaming my pants if I was you, if he was signed. Will Buckley is linked, along with Aaron Lennon, but I think you can do better than that. I'm sure Poyet has a long list of foreigners he wants to sign, who haven't heard about how depressing Sunderland is, therefore, you might be able to tempt some to join.

Prospects next season - relegation battle.

Hope that helps.

Back to top Go down

Post by andy_14clark Wed 21 May 2014, 9:29 am

Cheers Nick, didn't really see too much of him when he was in the Championship so didn't know how he conducted his press conferences. He did praise the players quite abit but i can kinda see what your getting at with talking about himself. He does it in a way that doesn't really include him mentioning himself.

And why am i not surprised a mag has commented  Laugh although it is a fair assessment i will give you that. Vergini did really well when reverted to RB although you can tell he is a CB as when he runs forward he looks lost.

I do not want to see Samaras here, i hate the guy, don't think he is any good and always looks lazy when i see him play. Think Lennon will help us with pace down the flanks so i would take him as Johnson has been really poor this season.

I think we have potential to hit the top half if we can continue where we left off but I won't be saying anything yet until i see what happens in the transfer market.

andy_14clark
andy_14clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 May 2014, 10:17 am

Good to have you on here mate, we should have some decent banter on here next season. You've smoked us recently, so hopefully we can turn it around. Should be an interesting window for us both.

Back to top Go down

Post by andy_14clark Wed 21 May 2014, 12:14 pm

John wrote:Good to have you on here mate, we should have some decent banter on here next season. You've smoked us recently, so hopefully we can turn it around. Should be an interesting window for us both.

Yea we did smoke you so it something i can gloat about Laugh

But we'll see how the transfer window pans out and whether you can attempt to have another relegation party for us without us spoiling it Laugh

Who would you like to see your lot sign/sell?
andy_14clark
andy_14clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 21 May 2014, 2:50 pm

I think we're trying to bring in more English talent to appease the fans & get away from solely relying on French imports. Not sure if it will pan out like that though. Colback might be on his way to us from you, so there's a start. Linked with Berahino/Townsend, doubt we will end up with them. It will inevitably end with us buying Gomis no doubt + Cabella. I`d like some creativity, so Grenier would be the option. At the minute its all wait & see.

As for departures, Gosling has gone, hopefully Ameobi, Obertan & Marveux will follow, with Ben Arfa probably being forced out.

Back to top Go down

Post by andy_14clark Wed 21 May 2014, 4:29 pm

John wrote:I think we're trying to bring in more English talent to appease the fans & get away from solely relying on French imports. Not sure if it will pan out like that though. Colback might be on his way to us from you, so there's a start. Linked with Berahino/Townsend, doubt we will end up with them. It will inevitably end with us buying Gomis no doubt + Cabella. I`d like some creativity, so Grenier would be the option. At the minute its all wait & see.

As for departures, Gosling has gone, hopefully Ameobi, Obertan & Marveux will follow, with Ben Arfa probably being forced out.

Yeah i hear Colback is looking to move but if he continues to play like he did then i would like it if we kept him. I would tak Berahino but think Townsend will say at Spurs especially if Lennon leaves. So the inevitability is you will just sign more french Laugh

Not many rumours for us so far so we'll see what happens. Definitely need some creativity in CM, pace on the wings, bring in Alonso and Vergini permanent, another CB and another ST.

Ship out:
> Fletcher,
> N'Diaye (i'd rather we didn't but with El Hadji Ba coming through it maybe needed),
> Cabral (how do you captain a champions league club and after 1 poor game - he was great in pre season cup comp we took part in and against Fulham 1st game - to be dropped and never picked again!!)
> Bardsley & Westwood - look to be already going
andy_14clark
andy_14clark

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down