The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fury v Chisora

+8
Mr Bounce
3fingers
John Bloody Wayne
Nico the gman
hazharrison
shenglong2014
Valero's Conscience
Alistair
12 posters

Go down

Fury v Chisora Empty Fury v Chisora

Post by Alistair Wed 04 Jun 2014, 2:04 pm

Hello there,

New to the board, fan of boxing and the like and was wondering; after the success of Froch v Groves we're soon to witness Fury v Chisora and i saw it billed as the biggest all British Heavyweight fight in years, yet, i can't help thinking that in actual fact it's far from that. Chisora has proved he's simply a standout journeyman in a distinctly average division, and Fury seems to take more delight in running down his opponent verbally than actually preparing.

Am i being overly critical, or is this going to be one to miss rather than one to watch?

Thanks,

Ali

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Fury v Chisora Empty Re: Fury v Chisora

Post by Valero's Conscience Wed 04 Jun 2014, 2:36 pm

It probably is the biggest UK HW fight in years because there simply haven't been many big HW fights.

Apart from Haye vs Audley it is probably the biggest since Lewis vs Bruno.

I think Fury has time to improve his skills which coupled with his huge frame will carry him some distance in the division.

As for Chisora, his record makes him look worse than he is and is a solid HW.

Not a fight to get excited about but will still watch with intrigue as the winner would be well positioned for a title shot.

Valero's Conscience

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 2:44 pm

Hope Chisora wins as I'd love to see Fury get badly beaten up however if Chisora wins, it doesn't tell us anything we don't already know about him, namely, this is about his level. Sod's Law that Fury wins and we have to endure that massive tw@t banging on about being the best HW on the planet. There'll be talk of the winner fight Stiverne and that will fall through.

Haye then likely to fight and annihilate the winner in "The Biggest fight in British HW History" before we suffer the three ring circus that is the battle for a piece of the HW title

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 04 Jun 2014, 2:57 pm

Will Haye actually fight again though, Dave?

I can't imagine the Boxing world is going to crave Haye v Fury or Haye v Chisora when he's effectively ducked one and destroyed the other?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Wed 04 Jun 2014, 2:59 pm

Bookies have Fury at 1/2, although not overly strong price-wise, it is a clear favourite.

Usually bookies get these things right, can see a Fury controversial stoppage.

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Wed 04 Jun 2014, 3:01 pm

Haye will fight again.

Hearn needs another PPV to fill his greedy greasy pockets.

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 04 Jun 2014, 3:05 pm

What do you mean, Sheng?

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 3:09 pm

Easy money for Haye against pretty much every HW out there barring Wlad and even then, if Haye actually fights to his potential even that fight is winnable. Can't see Stiverne calling the shots despite holding the belt and King will know that to maximize profits, the likelihood is that he'll have to come over to the UK.

Don will be wondering whether to risk Stiverne in an "easy" defence first or through him in for a big pay day. Barring disaster or a returning Vitali, there's every possibility that Haye will fight again...or maybe he just said it to draw attention away from Carl Froch...I dunno

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Wed 04 Jun 2014, 3:09 pm

It's a hell of a card. One of the best we'll see in the UK this year.

Sykes vs Walsh and Mathews vs Flanagan are cracking matches.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 04 Jun 2014, 3:13 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Hope Chisora wins as I'd love to see Fury get badly beaten up however if Chisora wins, it doesn't tell us anything we don't already know about him, namely, this is about his level. Sod's Law that Fury wins and we have to endure that massive tw@t banging on about being the best HW on the planet. There'll be talk of the winner fight Stiverne and that will fall through.

Haye then likely to fight and annihilate the winner in "The Biggest fight in British HW History" before  we suffer the three ring circus that is the battle for a piece of the HW title
100% agree, the sooner someone knocks this big clown out the better for me,knocked over by the non hitting Cunningham,a fit Chisora must have a chance if he catches Fury cleanly.

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 3:21 pm

Nico the gman wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Hope Chisora wins as I'd love to see Fury get badly beaten up however if Chisora wins, it doesn't tell us anything we don't already know about him, namely, this is about his level. Sod's Law that Fury wins and we have to endure that massive tw@t banging on about being the best HW on the planet. There'll be talk of the winner fight Stiverne and that will fall through.

Haye then likely to fight and annihilate the winner in "The Biggest fight in British HW History" before  we suffer the three ring circus that is the battle for a piece of the HW title
100% agree, the sooner someone knocks this big clown out the better for me,knocked over by the non hitting Cunningham,a fit Chisora must have a chance if he catches Fury cleanly.

Problem is that for all Chisora's supposedly improved dedication (er, he's not as fat?), he still just lumbers forward and telegraphs punches that even Ali could duck under.

He'll try and get in close and blast away at the chubby Tyson body, but Fury will tie him up, lean on him and generally spoil the fight before catching Dereck with a clubbing shot to the back of the head that will be called a legitimate KD. He'll then maul Chisora to the deck and the ref will call it off and Dereck will complain bitterly. The lad needs to work on his head movement and something approaching guile, subtlety and intelligence...but I doubt it will happen.

Fury will win and I'll die a little more

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 04 Jun 2014, 3:29 pm

Saw Stiverne could potentially face Wilder; who shamefully I’m a fan of. Can’t see how Haye returning to fight Wlad is going to be worth a watch unless Haye actually turns up to box. Really don’t want to see him amble round the ring and blaming his loss on another bad toe or his toenails not being cut symmetrically.

For me, Fury would be the lesser of two evils for me if he wins, though I’d hope it was brutal and destructive so I never had to witness Chisora box again.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Jun 2014, 3:53 pm

Having watched Wilder sparring with Haye it's clear that Haye knocks him into the middle of next week. Most of Wilder's opposition are given the bum's rush but anyone with decent movement and reflexes makes Wilder look like an idiot (he was somehow able to miss, on several occasions, that guy with mental health issues who fronted him up at the gym)

Wilder's garbage and it'll be a sad day if he wins a title but not as sad as the day I see "Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury for the HW Championship of the World" on a poster.

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Wed 04 Jun 2014, 4:03 pm

Be cool if refs could enforce the rules so the sport became about hitting without being hit rather than endless spoiling. It would certainly improve Del's chances

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by Nico the gman Wed 04 Jun 2014, 4:24 pm

Yep you can't whack this Heavyweight division for talent and excitement,pity we didn't have a Noel Quarless or Neville Meade to make it even more exciting

Nico the gman

Back to top Go down

Post by Alistair Wed 04 Jun 2014, 4:32 pm

I think i enjoy Wilder as he's car crash.

Alistair
AListair
AListair

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Wed 04 Jun 2014, 5:47 pm

Ali C: No matter the state of the heavyweight division, its still got a massive draw, people love watching the Heavy's for that one punch knockout drama. David Haye knows how to sell a fight and still is a massive name having formerly been a World Champion, Eddie Hearn knows a David Haye comeback fight for any form of world title or a top rated domestic dust up will carry a PPV ranking.

Haye will be back and fighting on PPV in no time! Eddie knows it, Haye knows it and we all know it.....

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 04 Jun 2014, 7:43 pm

DAVE667 wrote:Having watched Wilder sparring with Haye it's clear that Haye knocks him into the middle of next week. Most of Wilder's opposition are given the bum's rush but anyone with decent movement and reflexes makes Wilder look like an idiot (he was somehow able to miss, on several occasions, that guy with mental health issues who fronted him up at the gym)

Wilder's garbage and it'll be a sad day if he wins a title but not as sad as the day I see "Deontay Wilder vs Tyson Fury for the HW Championship of the World" on a poster.

Come on dave, you mean you saw a 20 second highlight reel showing hayes best shots against wilder.

I guess you Eubank jr beats froch too?

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Wed 04 Jun 2014, 7:46 pm

John Bloody Wayne wrote:Be cool if refs could enforce the rules so the sport became about hitting without being hit rather than endless spoiling. It would certainly improve Del's chances

You should be locked up. This world has no place for crazy radicals

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Thu 05 Jun 2014, 5:28 pm

Tyson Fury is a massive hype machine. I would love him to have fought Price for the British title; I think he would've been knocked into next week with the first right hand thrown. If a nobody like Pajkic decked him and he fell over thanks to the feather-fisted Cunningham then I dread to think what an actual puncher would do.

I don't rate Fury, I never have. He's supposedly entertaining (especially when he punches himself in the face) but he's nowhere near good enough for World-class. This is endorsed by the fact he's facing Chisora in an eliminator. The man who has failed in every big fight he's taken part in. The only reason Chisora didn't win against Fury last time was because he forgot it was boxing, not sumo, and he tired himself out due to his lack of fitness.

I think it would be better for British Boxing if Fury won, but to be fair, I don't think either of them actually deserve to. If I have to choose a winner, I will go with Chisora knocking Fury into his promotor's lap. As it's me making predictions, this means that Fury will win on points.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 5:33 pm

I think Mr Bounce is Steve Bunce.....any truth to this?

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 05 Jun 2014, 5:49 pm

3fingers wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:Having watched Wilder sparring with Haye it's clear that Haye knocks him into the middle of next week. Most of Wilder's opposition are given the bum's rush but anyone with decent movement and reflexes makes Wilder look like an idiot (he was somehow able to miss, on several occasions, that guy with mental health issues who fronted him up at the gym)

Come on dave, you mean you saw a 20 second highlight reel showing hayes best shots against wilder.

I guess you Eubank jr beats froch too?
Sadly, I've also seen Wilder fighting so my opinion is based on the evidence of my own eyes. However, even those 20 seconds were enough to convince me that Haye beats Wilder with something to spare...unless Haye dresses up as a woman and then Deontay might feel more compelled to hit him.

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 5:51 pm

With Dave on this one, not convinced on Wilder either, and feel that Haye would stop Wilder easily.

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 05 Jun 2014, 8:58 pm

Love how a Fury v Chisora ends up in a Haye v Wilder debate  Laugh

Haye shoud stay retired. He is an exciting fighter but has screwed the fans (no I dont mean Adam Booth) over far too many times. Im sure if he does come back we will get some good one sided fights against Sprott or even a rematch against Audley. Anything to avoid Tyson Fury I guess

As for Fury v Chisora...Tyson will dispose of the Chis will ease this time. Late KO I reckon. They Fury should go to the States and bust up Wilder

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by Steffan Thu 05 Jun 2014, 8:59 pm

shenglong2014 wrote:With Dave on this one, not convinced on Wilder either, and feel that Haye would stop Wilder easily
Is this THE shenglong? If so then nice to see you on here buddy  thumbsup

Steffan

Back to top Go down

Post by shenglong2014 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 10:30 pm

Hi my Welsh Dragon, you better believe it! Im back and yes its really me, Strongback put me through a Sheng quiz and everything!

shenglong2014

Back to top Go down

Post by tunes666 Thu 05 Jun 2014, 11:48 pm

Chisora is ok but I just feel we have seen the best of him and he just does not have enough to be a real Heavyweight threat above Euro Level. But because of Furys size he may be one.

Yes Chisora is fitter now but fury was also not in his best shape in that fight him self, both have improved.

But I Just see Fury using his size and weight advantage. Chisora will be lighter in this fight that last which could also work against him.

I see a UD points win for Fury or Late stoppage win, it will go in a similar way than last although it would not shock me if at some point Fury hits the deck as he likes to do..

tunes666

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri 06 Jun 2014, 9:09 am

Saw some training videos of Fury the other day, looks in the best shape I've ever seen him, really taking it seriously.

Don't particularly like the guy (though I don't Chisora either, frankly) but I'm starting to think Fury will take Chis out now. Haye has ended the hoopla over Del's chin and durability, think Fury might stop him 7-9.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView Mon 09 Jun 2014, 2:33 pm

This fight has given me no hope of interest in boxing.

A heavy weight division has remained an unique sport in itself, coz all it required was one strong blow and big heart to fight, like in case of Sanders vs Wlad, Rahman vs Lewis etc,.. These days heavyweight division neither has the skill to box nor has the power to unleash one hell of a blow. Thankfully Klitscho brothers held the era together otherwise it would have been a complete mockery of an era.

DirectView

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down