The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Season 7 Homepage I

+8
Fluxy
stnick88
Steven_Sharks
Ozzy3213
dammit_chris
Driver
Sgt_Pooly
SirJohnnyEnglish
12 posters

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 Empty Season 7 Homepage I

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Sat 07 Jun 2014, 12:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 Aviva+Premiership+Logo
Breaking News: Congratulations to London Wasps the 2014 Premiership Champions

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 Aviva-Premiership-Trophy-e1306508139154

2013/2014 – London Wasps
2012/2013 – Leicester Tigers 
2011/2012 – Newcastle Falcons 
2010/2011 - Newcastle Falcons 
2009/2010 – Saracens 
2008/2009 - London Irish

POSAviva PremiershipPLAYEDWONDREWLOSTP FP AP DT FT ATBPLBPPOINTS
1Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 1Bath Rugby000000000000
2Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 48Exeter Chiefs 000000000000
3Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 2Gloucester  000000000000
4Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 7Harlequins 000000000000
5Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 4Leicester Tigers000000000000
6Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 5London Irish 000000000000
7Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 6London Wasps 000000000000
8Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 50London Welsh 000000000000
9Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 8Newcastle Falcons000000000000
10Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 9Northampton Saints000000000000
11Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 12Sale Sharks 000000000000
12Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 11Saracens000000000000

Links

Fixture List
Released/Championship/National League/Academy Bidding
Foreign Transfers
Budgets
European Homepage
Anglo Welsh Homepage

Welcome to Season 7 of the Aviva Premiership fantasy rugby game.  Below are the rules of the game which must be adhered to.  If there are any situations that arise in the course of the game which are not covered by the rules, a final decision will be made by the RFU (SJE) as to how the situation will be resolved.

Senior Squads wrote:
The maximum squad size is 40 senior players.  If a team has more than 40 players in their squad then they will be fined £1 million per player over the permitted amounts per day for the first seven days. If after 7 consecutive days a team still has more than the permitted number of players then the team will be fined £2 million per player per day, and fined 1 league point per player per day for the next seven days. If after this time a team still has more than the permitted number of players in their squad, the RFU (SJE) will remove players at its discretion to bring them back under the permitted numbers. There will be no right of appeal to players being removed.

Be aware that all tier one international matches which are played during the season will count in the game, and players selected in the match day 23's for those matches will not be eligible to play for their clubs on that weekend, therefore you must give due consideration to the make-up of your squad.
Academy Rules wrote:
Each team will be allowed to have an academy squad of 20 players.  Players who are in the academy must be born on or after 1st September 1992. 

Any player, who is at any Premiership club in real life, either in their senior, academy or AASE squads, can be bid for on the domestic bidding page. Players who are at your own club in real life and are coming through the academy system must be bid for if you want them in your own academy.
Transfers wrote:

• Domestic (other AP Teams)
    Each team has a budget to use in the purchase of players. Domestic transfers between AP clubs, regardless of nationality of player, should be negotiated between the respective managers, and then confirmed on the Domestic Transfer Confirmation Page.
  • Domestic (Championship and below)
    Each team may during the season purchase no more than 5 players from the Championship or the National Leagues. These players must be bid for on the National League Bidding page, and each bid will be considered by me on its own merits before being accepted or rejected.  No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.
  • Foreign
    To make a foreign transfer (i.e. from any club outside of the AP, regardless of whether the player is English) a bid should be made on the Foreign Transfers Page, which will be considered by me against the posted guidelines for purchase prices before being accepted or rejected. No bid will be accepted until a minimum of 24 hours has elapsed from the time the bid was made, in order to afford other managers the opportunity to make a counter bid.

There will be a summer foreign transfer window, which will run as follows.

Open Window

Open transfer window, teams have unlimited bids provided they have the financial resources to cover them.  Teams may only bid for one player at a time.

The window will open from the 9th of June but only to those sides that finish 8th and below at first. They will have a week to make one signing each before the window is open to all.     

Player Releases wrote: 
Managers may choose to release players from their clubs, for which they will be offered compensation

Compensation will be paid as follows

£2 million – current international (must have played international rugby in the previous 12 months)
£1.5 million – former international
£1m – top flight experience
£0.5m – other

All released players will be deemed to have joined a Championship side and can be bid for on the National League Bidding page.
Retirements wrote:
There will be no compensation for retiring players.  Should a player who retires decide to come out of retirement and play again, then he will automatically go back to the club who he was playing for in the game when he retired.
Fixtures wrote:
There will be 22 Aviva Premiership games per season, plus the play offs. There will also be European Rugby Champions Cup, European Rugby Challenge Cup and Anglo Welsh Cup matches.  These games will take place once a week. A match thread will be put up every Monday. Home teams must be named by midnight on Tuesday. Away teams must be named by midnight on Wednesday. Failure to meet these deadlines is punishable by the addition of three match points to the oppositions final score, unless both sides fail to do so. Both teams must provide tactics by midnight on Thursday. Predictions will be open from 00:01 hours on Friday and remain open until 15:00 hours on Sunday. Managers will post the scores that they think will happen from these games (apart from games in which they are involved).  An average of all predictions will be taken, and then 0.5 points added to each teams score for each prediction that had them as the winner, and that will then be the final score.

Managers are asked to provide detail as to why they have predicted a result.  To be considered a descriptive prediction this must be a full 3 lines long when entered into the text box. 
Teams wrote:
When naming your team, not only should you put the starting XV and replacements, but also tactics that your team will employ. Results will be affected by the tactics described.

In addition, each team must have the following:-

For domestic competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 4 of those must be in your starting XV.

For European competition at least 8 England qualified players in your match day 23, and at least 6 of those must be in your starting XV.

At least 2 props and 1 hooker on the bench.

All players must be eligible (not injured or banned).

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 1 league point deduction.

If you fail to submit a team for a match, then the other team will be automatically awarded a 30-0 bonus point win. If both teams fail to submit a team, then it will be scored as a 0-0 draw.
Injuries and Suspensions wrote:
Injuries in this game do NOT reflect real life, they will be generated by me.

Players banned in real life will be ineligible for selection in this game for the duration of the ban.

Inclusion of injured/banned players will result in them being replaced by players on the bench, and the bench not having eight players, which may result in punishment if it concerns the front-row.

Punishment for fielding an ineligible player will be loss of one match point.
Financial Rewards wrote:
There will be no rewards for the result of an individual match, instead the managers will receive cash for predicting.

£2m for descriptive predictions 
£0.25m for scores on the doors predictions
If you fail to predict without first advising me that you are unable to do so that week, you will be fined £1m for a first offence, £2m for a second offence, £3m for a third offence etc upto a maximum of £5m per fine.

AP finishing positions.

Champions: 8m
Runners Up: 6m
Playoff Semi Finalist Losers: 5m
5th: 4m
6th: 3.5m
7th: 3m
8th: 2.5m
9th: 2m
10th: 1.5m
11th: 1m
12th: 0.5m

Heineken Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £2 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £3 million each
Runners Up - £4 million
Champions - £5 million

Amlin Challenge Cup

Losing Quarter Finalists - £1 million each
Losing Semi Finalists - £2 million each
Runners Up - £3 million
Champions - £4 million

Anglo-Welsh Cup

Losing Semi Finalist - £1 million each
Runners Up - £2 million
Champions - £3 million

If your budgets falls below minus £10 million for any reason, the administrators (SJE) will step in and players from within your squad will be released for the relevant financial compensation (foreign transfer value) in order to bring your budget back above minus £10 million.

Last edited by SirJohnnyEnglish on Fri 18 Jul 2014, 2:42 pm; edited 9 times in total

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Season 7 Homepage I - Page 15 Empty Re: Season 7 Homepage I

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:38 pm

It was a landslide he won by.

Only player who came near for me was itoje or li.

Most clear cut u20 player of the year award I have seen since Julian Savea who was brilliant

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:39 pm

Seen molenaar joins welsh. Good signing for them

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:42 pm

Clear cut???? I take it you didn't see many games

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:50 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Clear cut???? I take it you didn't see many games

Watched them all. You are the only person I have heard make these outlandish statements. By common consensus it was an absolute stroll.

Man amongst boys really.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 25 Jun 2014, 12:52 pm

I've seen a few suggest he deserved it and more that it was an odd choice. He was arguably the best FH but a long way from the best player. Bizarre decision only compounded by his poor performance in the final.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by LukeLovesLuka Wed 25 Jun 2014, 3:31 pm

Anyone want ian Evans for cash?

LukeLovesLuka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 3:47 pm

LukeLovesLuka wrote:Anyone want ian Evans for cash?

It's a tough one losing him to championship. I am not a fan of him at int level but he is way better than championship

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 25 Jun 2014, 4:09 pm

Ermmmmm No  Shocked 

At a sportsmans dinner with free bar this Saturday , got tickets for nothing off Green King brewery. Speakers are Jeff Probyn and Paul Rendall
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 5:06 pm

Probyn is an idiot. But fair
Play him and Randall were a terrific pair or props.

Probyn is a good speaker to watch just always takes the opposite view of others to be controversial and get in the media.

Have not heard from Rendall in years. He must have some great tales from those days.

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Wed 25 Jun 2014, 5:24 pm

I had no idea who they where to be honest. I just heard free bar and i was there.

I'm continuing my foray into senior rugby coaching tonight with the head coach being at work i'v been asked to run the session. Planning on just breaking it down into 4 seperate pitchs and playing games with 7/8 a side. Emphesis on moving the ball and moving off the ball to the space along with first up tackling in defence. 

Hope it goes well , Trying to tell people what to do who've had 10 years experience on me in the rugby world.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Wed 25 Jun 2014, 5:48 pm

anonmattyt wrote:Glos announce muggle ton and Walshe as coaches. Great result for us

Wasn't Muggleton the Rebels defence coach??? Not sure that's a brilliant appointment for you.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 25 Jun 2014, 7:42 pm

As Ferris has retired is Pollard his replacement in the 'take a swipe at' agenda. Sure this wont get boring at all throughout the season  Very Happy 

Prop here is the Wiki page with a list of all the transfers on them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_2014%E2%80%9315_Aviva_Premiership_transfers

Best signing this year has to be Leiau for Wasps, he could transform them next year. London Welsh up to recruit no17 so far!

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 25 Jun 2014, 7:52 pm

It's not swiping, I responded to Matts initial comment and it's progressed from that. We're all entitled to opinions on players.

I'm sure Matt doesn't need his boyfriend to defend him.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:08 pm

Good site by the way.

Welsh seem to be siding with quantity over quality. Struggling to see past a bottom 3 of us, Welsh and Irish.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:13 pm

It just ends up as arguments though with things like this and be good to get through a whole season without anything kicking off - I know I've been involved in some but if we all didn't take swipes or make comments that are there to get a reaction it would be so much more enjoyable for everyone.

See Falcons signed Calum Green, be good to see how he goes along as 3-4 seasons ago big things were expected of him and he never really kicked on at Tigers - sure he went to Nottingham and then Leeds - did look good. You and Driver happy with recruitment there over the summer?

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:14 pm

Barkley the biggest signing for Welsh? Not sure they will have enough quality and to bed in 17 players will be a challenge, look at how long it took Worcester to settle last year and I am sure they had about 10-12 new signings. Falcons will be safe without a doubt.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm

It's only opinions on players, I don't want an argument either.

Green has really beefed up, he's a bit of an enforcer these days so could be good foil for Barrow (the best young lock in the AP imo).

4. Green
5. Barrow
6. Furno

Could really grow as a trio. We could do with improving at 7 as Saull isn't great and Welch just hasn't progressed like I'd have hoped.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:21 pm

I'm hoping our 3G pitch can stimulate some attacking rugby. Socinio never misses the posts (we were awful here last year) and Sonoti and Tuilagi give some cracking options in the backs.

We're still a 10 down though.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jun 2014, 8:31 pm

Ozzy3213 wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:Glos announce muggle ton and Walshe as coaches. Great result for us

Wasn't Muggleton the Rebels defence coach???  Not sure that's a brilliant appointment for you.

He was also defence coach of the greatest defence of all time in the wallabies of 99 and also the team that beat the lions in 2001.

Not sure the rebels had the best players to coach but will be interesting to see and he must be better than what we have

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Wed 25 Jun 2014, 10:25 pm

Who is your 10 these days? Seems like it was an error losing Hodgson to Saints, but they are saying he's a no9? Could have sworn he played at no10 for you?

You've certainly got some power runners in the backline - Tuilagi on the wing will still be a threat, might not have the speed but the power of that man is immense. Is Kilbridge back playing yet, he's looked good when I've seen him.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Thu 26 Jun 2014, 7:25 am

anonmattyt wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:

Wasn't Muggleton the Rebels defence coach???  Not sure that's a brilliant appointment for you.

He was also defence coach of the greatest defence of all time in the wallabies of 99 and also the team that beat the lions in 2001.

Not sure the rebels had the best players to coach but will be interesting to see and he must be better than what we have
I hadn't realised he was also defence coach for the Scarlets for a bit!  Shocked
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun 2014, 9:24 am

Ozzy3213 wrote:
anonmattyt wrote:
Ozzy3213 wrote:

I hadn't realised he was also defence coach for the Scarlets for a bit!  Shocked

What a contrast of teams. Hopefully this is his turn to produce a good defence. We defended like the Scarlets last year

Back to top Go down

Post by SirJohnnyEnglish Thu 26 Jun 2014, 12:09 pm

Very good piece on Englands lineout defence problems in the 3rd test if anyone fancies a read: http://www.therugbysite.com/blog/attack/all-blacks-give-england-a-lesson-in-set-piece-attack-part-1

SirJohnnyEnglish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 26 Jun 2014, 5:47 pm

See Coenie is at LH for Boks Matt.

Best position by far, could have been a world beater if they hadn't have messed him about, time still on his side.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jun 2014, 9:37 pm

Think he is a cracking th to be fair. Much improved scrummager and hitting that age where he can really crack on.

Be good to see how he goes but i fancied him for the Bok 3 spot especially with all the Bok media getting on JDP back about his pen count.

Personally think JDP most improved player in int rugby. Only lasts 50 but
Does not matter at th.
Having Coenie to come on and be super dynamic with carries and steals at the breakdown works well for boks. Likewise beast and Steenkamp a great double act. Bok front row depth pretty good although they need a 3rd lh and Th to emerge.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ozzy3213 Fri 27 Jun 2014, 7:45 am

Has anyone heard anything from CJ recently? He doesn't seem to have been around for a bit. I've stuck a team in for him for this weeks game, but if he has jacked it in, then Bam Bam and Bathite were both interested in running a team.
Ozzy3213
Ozzy3213

Back to top Go down

Post by prop_lyd Fri 27 Jun 2014, 10:24 am

Laurie Fisher of the Brumbies and ex-Munster is set to be announced as the head coach http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/union-news/laurie-fisher-to-leave-act-brumbies-for-gloucester-job-20140627-zsnkv.html.
prop_lyd
prop_lyd

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014, 4:50 pm

The year he was crocked burger was captain and 8 for stormers

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_9362280,00.html

Many think it would be his best position. Always thought with his Ball skills it was a natural fit.

That said Vermaulen has become world class. A proper brute. Great work rate and what piccamoles could be if he had an engine and fitness. Must be in the Toulouse water. I have Galan and he is the same in that he carries massively but has such a low work rate around the field.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014, 9:07 pm

Rumours that Domingo has signed for gloS.
Has had a medical

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 27 Jun 2014, 9:53 pm

anonmattyt wrote:Rumours that Domingo has signed for gloS.
Has had a medical

On shedhead so not that sure

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 1:04 am

Pollard such an attacking 10

"Factor in Lwazi Mvovo and Cornal Hendricks out wide, and precocious debutant Handré Pollard at fly-half, and the upshot on Saturday should be a lot of running rugby.
Pollard is fresh off the plane from Auckland where he captained the Baby Boks to the Junior World Championship Final. Supremely talented, and unfazed so far by his rise to prominence, Chris Fusaro must keep South African rugby's blue-eyed boy in his sights."

Personally thing it's too early to play him. Needs a year

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jun 2014, 1:18 am

Pollard big up much......Wink

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 7:34 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Pollard big up much......Wink
Saw it and thought of you mate.
 laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jun 2014, 11:05 am

He better be amazing the amount your going on about him lately!

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 11:23 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:He better be amazing the amount your going on about him lately!

Personally think he will handle it but would not expect big things on debut.
Just saw some hype and knew you would like it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 5:33 pm

That is some debut

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sat 28 Jun 2014, 5:54 pm

Went well for him, scots poor though. 8 looks a handy player
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 6:49 pm

Made some big hits as well

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jun 2014, 7:00 pm

Not seen game yet but nice way to start Int career getting an armchair ride against a dross Jock side.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 8:19 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Not seen game yet but nice way to start Int career getting an armchair ride against a dross Jock side.

lol. Such bitterness. Are you Scottish ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sat 28 Jun 2014, 8:32 pm

Bitterness about what? It was a terrible Scottish pack.

Just said it was ideal game to introduce him.

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 Jun 2014, 9:08 pm

Boks so physical lod de jäger could challenge Etzbeth long term. Pietersen was good at 13. Boks building some squad. Burger and Vermaulen everywhere. Burger played 6 and 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 29 Jun 2014, 9:19 am

Sgt_Pooly wrote:Bitterness about what? It was a terrible Scottish pack.

Just said it was ideal game to introduce him.

Yes if you were going to pick a game to debut in then that would be it.

Harley was good for the jocks

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Jun 2014, 11:19 am

http://www.planetrugby.com/story/0,25883,3551_9365149,00.html

Great to see, Sarries PR machine is top

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 29 Jun 2014, 2:00 pm

Great time meeting Probyn and Rendall last night , neither seem to rate our current set of props.

Both slate Hartley saying he can't scrum and shouldn't be in the England team as he's a New Zealander and if he was good enough for them he'd choose them over England. 

Also saying Andy Farrell came back to his role with England under the agreement Owen would be first choice 10.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 29 Jun 2014, 4:01 pm

Probyn says a lot to be controversial and get comments - if you read his articles in the Rugby Paper he makes Stephen Jones in the Times come across as making sense! Seen him speak at an event before and one of the guys running it told me not to talk anything he says seriously.

Will Carling runs some very good talks, he gets Kyran Bracken. Zinzan and Thomas Castinaide to speak and all are very funny and knowledgeable.

Scottish rugby is in a bad way at the moment, but if you only have two professional clubs in a whole country, put quite a few foreign players in those clubs then you are going to struggle massively.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 29 Jun 2014, 4:33 pm

Who has George Pisi on here? Is he at Sale?
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by dammit_chris Sun 29 Jun 2014, 5:15 pm

Yeah SJE has him.

dammit_chris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sgt_Pooly Sun 29 Jun 2014, 5:27 pm

Just a quick question on Jon Davies.

Do people rate him at 12?

He started his career at 12 and played there up until Gatland put him at 13 as far as I'm aware. It's only the last few years he's had to play 13 to accommodate Roberts (they started together 12.JD 13.Roberts)

Opinions?

Sgt_Pooly

Back to top Go down

Post by Driver Sun 29 Jun 2014, 5:30 pm

I'd rate him as a solid 12 , won't have any real impact. 

He's better at 13 as he cuts wicked angles and has real pace in open space , be real good outside Sonny Bill.
Driver
Driver

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 21 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21  Next