The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worcs vs Hants LVCC 8-11 JUNE

5 posters

Go down

Worcs vs Hants LVCC 8-11 JUNE Empty Worcs vs Hants LVCC 8-11 JUNE

Post by packofwolves Sun 08 Jun 2014, 10:23 am

Hello all,

I'll be down at New Road today for the first day of this top of the table clash in division two, so I'll do my best to provide updates of the days play.
Worcester have named a twelve man squad of Mitchell, Pardon, Kohler-Cadmore, Fell, kervezee, Whiteley, Cox, Leach, Shantry, Ajmal, Morris and Russell. Chris Russell is likely to be the man to miss out.
I've not seen the full Hampshire squad but I understand Maxwell will make his first championship appearance for the rested Abbott. Danny Briggs is also likely to retain his place.

Following yesterday's nerve shredding win against Durham in the T20 Worcester have kept their impressive unbeaten home run going and will hope to do so again in this key game. A Worcester win in this game would see the county go 10 championship matches unbeaten for the first time since 2003.

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Worcs vs Hants LVCC 8-11 JUNE Empty Re: Worcs vs Hants LVCC 8-11 JUNE

Post by packofwolves Sun 08 Jun 2014, 11:01 am

Shaaiq choudhry features for Worcester for the first time this year. Kohler-Cadmore is 12th man.

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 08 Jun 2014, 11:09 am

packofwolves wrote:Shaaiq choudhry features for Worcester for the first time this year. Kohler-Cadmore is 12th man.

Hi Pack - is he any relation to Cholin Choudhry?  Wink 

Certainly looks a good toss for Worcs to have won - very much a batting day everywhere I would have thought. Enjoy your day.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Sun 08 Jun 2014, 12:11 pm

41-1 after the first hour, with Balcombe having claimed the key wicket of Mitchell, caught behind by Bates for 12. Hants were visibly delighted with the wicket, especially important given the rather inexperienced middle order that Worcester have gone into this game with. Young Tom Fell has come in at 3, with Kervezee, Whiteley, Cox and Leach making up 4 - 7, all of whom will arguably be coming in a spot too high.

Guildford, I wish that Shaaiq had such sporting pedigree to call upon!

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Sun 08 Jun 2014, 12:41 pm

Matt Pardoe goes for 21, lbw to Tomlinson who has been the pick of the bowlers so far. There was a hint of bat pad about the lbw but not too much complaint from Pardoe.
We're using the same strip as for the T20 yesterday and it has looked difficult to time the ball again this morning, with the occasional one providing some unusual bounce. 250 will probably be competitive.

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Sun 08 Jun 2014, 2:48 pm

Tom Fell goes for 19 after a short rain delay, caught Vincent in the slips off Balcombe. He tried to upper cut the seamer but only succeeded in gloving it through.

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Sun 08 Jun 2014, 2:49 pm

Not Vincent of course but vince! The kiwi hasn't made the unlikeliest of comebacks!

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 08 Jun 2014, 6:07 pm

Worcs 175/4 as the weather causes an early end to the day's play. A shame for all.

From this long distance, things look pretty even. Maybe Hants slightly the happier. Certainly a couple of quick wickets tomorrow would seem to put them in a good place. Thoughts, Pack?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 08 Jun 2014, 6:30 pm

If as Pack says they're using the same strip as the t20 one they used then I'd say Worcs would be happier

That wicket looked slow and conducive to turn, perfect for Ajmal and co, so if Worcs can get about 300 they're in pole
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 08 Jun 2014, 7:05 pm

Olly - I didn't see the t20 televised game. Follow your reasoning. Certainly be good to have Ajmal bowling last.

As a general point though in the Championship -having lost the toss, the bowling side won't be too disappointed with 4 wickets by 64 overs and tea.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Mon 09 Jun 2014, 7:29 pm

A real struggle for Hampshire today. Really missing Kyle Abbott who has been brilliant for us. Carberry getting out to the first ball of the innings doesn't do much for his England argument. Big innings needed, luckily we bat pretty deep. (jinxed it now...)

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Mon 09 Jun 2014, 7:35 pm

Hello folks. A quite fantastic day from Worcester's point of view today as they piled up 402/9 and then reduced Hampshire to 10/1 in the 6 overs remaining in the day to take a firm hold of this game.

With the morning session lost to rain Worcester got to work at 2.15 and added 114 in the 32 overs bowled before tea was taken at 4.15. In that time they lost Alexei Kervezee for 80. Yesterday he was the only batsman that looked to truly settle in on a slightly sticky new road pitch, playing some classy shots including a wonderful late drive through gully off Sean Ervine. Joe Leach joined Ben Cox, on 14 overnight, to put on 80 in just under 22 overs before falling in the first over after tea for 32.
However Cox went on and, with a tail that initially looked uncomfortably long wagging admirably, the promising keeper made it to his maiden first class ton, eventually falling in the deep off Maxwell for 104. Cox has shown considerable improvement so far this year following hard work in the winter along side Worcester's other promising keeper, England u-19's Joe Clarke. Indeed his keeping is almost unrecognizable to the slightly robotic teenager of a couple of summer ago, recently winning praise from no less than James Foster following Essex's championship visit to new road, after which the two talked shop for a considerable time.

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 09 Jun 2014, 10:56 pm

Hi Pack - Johnny Barran (anything but the silly arse that Churchy makes him out to be and which he plays up to) commonly refers to day 3 of a CC match as being ''moving day''. I think that's going to be the case here. Don't get me wrong - Worcs have done very well so far but it's vital that you continue to move the game in your direction tomorrow if you are to emerge as victors. I'm sure Hants would happily settle for a draw at this stage. The weather gods also need to behave.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:17 pm

Bloody Ajmal....

Crying or Very sad 

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Tue 10 Jun 2014, 2:34 pm

4 wickets so far for Ajmal.  Chance now for Vince to press his England credentials and for Bates to show that he is far from being a weak batsman, as he is sometimes portrayed.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by packofwolves Tue 10 Jun 2014, 3:52 pm

Hampshire 219 all out, Ajmal with 7-63, well backed up by the 3 steamers with a wicket each. Now fingers crossed the weather plays ball...

packofwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbohammers Thu 12 Jun 2014, 12:50 am

Good fight from Hampshire today. Carbs and Maxwell the key men. Ervine and Bates seeing out the draw.

Ajmal wicketless the biggest shock

jimbohammers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down