The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garmin G7

5 posters

Go down

Garmin G7 Empty Garmin G7

Post by Sand Wed 11 Jun 2014, 7:51 am

Apologies if this has been asked before but was hoping one of you could confirm my thoughts on the Garmin G7.

I had a Garmin G6 which I really liked and know it is able to be used in club competitions etc. During the winter I moved house and put the G6 in such a safe place, despite numerous searches I couldn't find it again! Last week I bit the bullet and bought a G7, just for the simple reason that it was newer so thought it would be much better than its predecessor. I have only used it in bounce games so far but found, it tells you the plays like distances, allowing for slopes and hills etc. Am I correct in saying that this makes the G7 illegal for using in club competitions?

Needless to say the G6 turned up last night!

Which is great but obviously one of them needs to be sold. If the G7 is illegal in club competitions then that obviously will be the one to go. I will be using the G6 in the medal tonight and Club Championships this weekend just in case but just wanted to confirm that my thoughts on the G7 were correct before I sold it?

I did obviously do a bit of a search on google last night but couldn't find anything conclusive.

Thanks in advance.

Sand

Back to top Go down

Garmin G7 Empty Re: Garmin G7

Post by super_realist Wed 11 Jun 2014, 8:07 am

If it tells you slop/inclination then it's illegal for comps. You should be able to disable that feature though for comp use.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by George1507 Wed 11 Jun 2014, 9:38 am

They're both illegal for use unless there is a local rule in place.

And SR is right - if there is a local rule then the one which shows slope/inclination will still be illegal.

George1507

Back to top Go down

Post by Eyetoldyouso Wed 11 Jun 2014, 12:02 pm

Even if the slope/inclination feature is disabled it is still illegal - Appendix IV Clause 5.

Eyetoldyouso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sand Wed 11 Jun 2014, 12:37 pm

Many thanks for your replies. There is definitely a local rule in place so I know the G6 is perfectly acceptable, but what I feared about the G7 was correct it seems.

Next step Ebay it seems for that Doh 

Thanks again...

Sand

Back to top Go down

Post by raycastleunited Wed 11 Jun 2014, 1:16 pm

We have a local rule which means that, even if the functionality is disabled, the ability to measure slope, wind, air temp etc results in the device being illegal.

This means that you cannot use a smartphone app as a DMD, as smartphones have an accelerometer, and also you could access weather apps to ascertain air pressure, wind speed etc (not that consulting the bbc weather page would be helpful).

raycastleunited

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum