The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=County Championship

+3
guildfordbat
Corporalhumblebucket
jimbobgooner
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=County Championship  - Page 2 Empty Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=County Championship

Post by jimbobgooner Sat 14 Jun 2014, 3:42 pm

First topic message reminder :

Surrey have named a twelve man squad for their LV=County Championship game against Derbyshire starting on Sunday.
Tom Curran returns to the squad having missed the last Championship game against Gloucestershire due to his A-Level exams.
harinath and edwards are omitted and there is still no kp  Rolling Eyes 
The Surrey squad to play Derbyshire at the 3aaa County Ground on Sunday 15th June, Monday 16th June, Tuesday 17th June and Wednesday 18th June:
Gary Wilson (capt)
Hashim Amla
Zafar Ansari
Gareth Batty
Rory Burns
Tom Curran
Jade Dernbach
Steven Davies
Matthew Dunn
Jason Roy
Vikram Solanki
Chris Tremlett

jimbobgooner

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=County Championship  - Page 2 Empty Re: Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=County Championship

Post by Voice of the Beehive Tue 17 Jun 2014, 9:22 pm

A good all round performance by Surrey. I think our last away win in the Championship was in 2011 so it would be nice to get that monkey off our backs.

Credit to Dernbach this week. Five wickets in the match isn't exceptional but he certainly made an important contribution and seems to have outbowled Tremlett this time around. I hope that's boosted his confidence for the T20 as well. I was listening to Churchy's commentary when Jade came out to bat today and he was pondering on how he was going to bat. Before Church had decided, and let's be honest he only knows one way anyway, he had been bowled first ball.  Smile 

Great to see that Linley and Meaker bowled for the Second Eleven today in their win in the Trophy. Meaker 10-1-43-4 and the Viscount 8-1-37-1. With Dunn waiting in the wings too the fast bowling selection for the next four dayer will be interesting. Pleased that O'Brien and Robin Peterson played both games for the Seconds this week as surely the 'T20 only' players need time in the middle. Would have liked to have seen that KP had played but I suppose that was way too optimistic.

Anyway back on topic and I sense the team's confidence is growing. The injury situation is looking much better (fingers crossed) and I think exams are over now for Sibley and Curran so all in all things are looking a little brighter.

Voice of the Beehive

Back to top Go down

Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=County Championship  - Page 2 Empty Re: Surrey vs Derbyshire LV=County Championship

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Wed 18 Jun 2014, 2:04 pm

Pretty good win for you boys! Congrats
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 18 Jun 2014, 4:00 pm

Thanks, Olly. Yes, fairly comprehensive. Good to see so many playing a part.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corporalhumblebucket Wed 18 Jun 2014, 6:34 pm

Very solid all round performance in this match.

Re previous discussions about Surrey's sluggish scoring rates it's worth noting that with his recent success Ansari has been able to up his scoring rate a notch to the point where he's less likely to add to the pressure on his partner at the other end.

Corporalhumblebucket

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Wed 18 Jun 2014, 11:14 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Olly wrote:Zafar Ansari

Future England prospect?

Olly - with the emphasis on 'prospect', the answer is definitely 'yes'.

Ansari's an intelligent and thinking cricketer. Also very determined. He's been a bit tucked away in the past - often batting at 7 and being the second spinner. He's pushed himself forward this year and is now up the order and was our sole spinner in the opening weeks of the season. Also a splendid fielder, whether close in or on the boundary. Many already consider him to be a Surrey captain in waiting.

I don't know what England's winter schedule is for 'A' team or Lions but he could very well be involved. [The same applies to Jason Roy; a player I've banged on about for ages. Roy appears to have added a maturity to his undoubted talent and could be another on the march.]

I make no real claim to know Ansari but have met him through family friends. A very friendly and pleasant guy. Somewhat different in character, I suspect, to a certain heavily tattooed seam bowler who was buying champagne for one of the Batgirls within minutes of meeting her in a Guildford (the place, not mine) nightclub!  Smile

After today's win at Derby, Surrey captain Gary Wilson praised the consistent contributions this season of Ansari and added, ''I'm sure England will have half an eye on him.''

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2