The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Klitschko Rejects Stringent Testing Again

+4
88Chris05
ONETWOFOREVER
Rowley
hazharrison
8 posters

Go down

Klitschko Rejects Stringent Testing Again Empty Klitschko Rejects Stringent Testing Again

Post by hazharrison Mon 30 Jun 2014, 9:56 pm

Looks like Pulev (like Povetkin) is flat out of luck with his requests for more stringent drug testing ahead of his fight with Wladimir: http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/klitschko-pulev-kickoff-press-conference-250735

A champion dictating terms is nothing new - that's been the case since boxing began - but should a champion be able to dictate whether the challenger is entitled to drug testing protocol that's actually worth a damn?

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Klitschko Rejects Stringent Testing Again Empty Re: Klitschko Rejects Stringent Testing Again

Post by Rowley Mon 30 Jun 2014, 10:00 pm

Like you Haz I would love the most stringent testing available to be in place for every fight. However the reality is no fighter has to do more than the relevant governing bodies stipulate, and the guy at the top of the tree sure as hell does not have to do so to satisfy his challenger. Is a pity because crap like this always fuels the rumour mill.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Klitschko Rejects Stringent Testing Again Empty Re: Klitschko Rejects Stringent Testing Again

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Tue 01 Jul 2014, 9:47 am

A Wlad on PEDS might actually be exciting to watch.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:04 am

Appreciate you've got connections of your own, OneTwo - but remember, Tino and Wlad are practically related. They're probably BBQing together by now.

Just be careful what you type, fella.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:09 am

Wash your mouth Chris, Wlad is nowhere near Tina's pay packet, it's quite uncouth to even suggest they hang around the same socioeconomic spheres.

Last edited by kingraf on Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ...)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:13 am

Very true Raf, Tina would never rough it hanging around with the likes of Wlad. Tina does not hang around with anyone who is not on the Civil List.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 11:39 am

kingraf wrote:Wash your mouth Chris, Wlad is nowhere near Tina's pay packet, it's quite uncouth to even suggest they hang around the same socioeconomic spheres.
Although I'm sure Tina is sniffing around Wlad's packet...even if it's only to catch a whiff of Hayden

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 1:08 pm

I'm not bothered about testing really.................I imagine most of the heavies from the 60s to the present have helped themselves....So why bring it in now..

Bruno could have won bodybuilding contests with his physique not that I'm implying anything and If fighters from the 70s/80s are going to indulge in Coke and Grass then is it hard to believe they'd take a bit of test......

What's more worrying are the lower weights where natural welters will use diuretics to get down to 126/130....That's dangerous..

I work on the assumption everybody is guilty..

No black mark for Wlad to reject this crap...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 1:33 pm

ONETWOFOREVER wrote:A Wlad on PEDS might actually be exciting to watch.
No he isn't.

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 2:11 pm

Scottrf wrote:
No he isn't.
A Wlad on Crystal meth would probably still sit around reading a book on sewing machines and occasionally sipping tea

Back to top Go down

Post by hazharrison Tue 01 Jul 2014, 2:11 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
No he isn't.
A Wlad on Crystal meth would probably still sit around reading a book on sewing machines and occasionally sipping tea

While flinching.

hazharrison

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 4:15 pm

hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
No he isn't.

While flinching.
Why, would the book be throwing jabs at him?

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 4:22 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
No he isn't.

While flinching.

I heard he slipped the jabs of the book, but just couldn't put it down.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Jul 2014, 4:28 pm

88Chris05 wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
hazharrison wrote:
DAVE667 wrote:
Scottrf wrote:
No he isn't.

While flinching.

I heard he slipped the jabs of the book, but just couldn't put it down.
Ah, but when he put pressure on the pages, they eventually folded

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 01 Jul 2014, 4:31 pm

Yep, apparently it was quite a tear up.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Tue 01 Jul 2014, 10:25 pm

Dominant performance from Wlad though, I hear he bookended the fight with a pair of knockouts, the last of which knocked the cover off of it.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 02 Jul 2014, 12:12 am

A strange decision from someone who presents themselves as the clean cut face of sportsmanship in boxing. Maybe leaning, holding and wrestling isn't enough.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 02 Jul 2014, 8:58 am

On topic, I agree it is a strange decision. Wlads game has never looked one reliant on help, he's hardly putting up Manny-esque work rate, he isn't fighting four, five times a year... He has one punch power, but he's quite hesitant to use it. If he is doping, what exactly is he on, maybe beta blockers, which are banned, aren't they?

It's even stranger given his brother's history, you'd think he wouldn't want any doubts surrounding him.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down