The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

return of the saint!

+4
Dipper Brown
wheelchair1991
Sugar Boy Sweetie
rycoys
8 posters

Go down

return of the saint! Empty return of the saint!

Post by rycoys Sun 06 Jul 2014, 8:00 am

Announcement this week. Really intrested to know who hes opponent will be. Personally I feel george needs a couple of euro level bouts to get hes confidence back the ko he suffered to froch would mentally effect any boxers confidence despite george saying it has nt and hes fine. The guy obviously has talent but really feel there are issues that need addressing hes stamina for one and sometimes can look physically weak. Think leaving adam booth was a big mistake (obviously we don't know why) but when you hear what booth says about hes loss to froch it makes so much sence .

rycoys

Back to top Go down

return of the saint! Empty Re: return of the saint!

Post by Sugar Boy Sweetie Sun 06 Jul 2014, 8:33 am

What did booth say about his loss to Froch?

Agree George sometimes looks a bit fragile, that was where he fell down against Froch, for me he's a superior boxer (in terms of technical skill) but Froch is just harder and more durable and George couldn't overcome Froch's toughness. Euro level fight then the winner of AA v Smith feels likely to me.

Big fan of GG, looking forward to seeing him back in action.
Sugar Boy Sweetie
Sugar Boy Sweetie

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 06 Jul 2014, 8:44 am

Big fan too planning to go to hes next fight. Its just frustrating he didn't beat froch due to a few chinks in hes armour when he os by far a better boxer but I suppose froch deserves credit for that. Booth said the plan in first fight was no to get to greedy on hes success and move more in 2nd half of fight (gg should have coasted to victory) 2nd fight said gg belived he won before first bell and he didn't anticipate froch being more cautious and boxing clever. Think booth knew he would loose 2nd and said he struggled with complacency.

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 8:48 am

even if groves had completely dominated froch im not sure he could have ever afford to coast to victory with those judges from the forst fight they would probably have still have given a UD

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:36 am

I agree it will be good to see him back. Coming in on that double decker in Wembley in front of 80,000, it would be a shame to see him drift off into the wilderness. Hope he lives up to all the noise

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 11:32 am

Not sure how the second fight proves gg is a better boxer to be fair. Was very nip and tuck affair with froch boxing to his full potential unlike the first fight.

Then tops it off by knocking groves out.

Just think Froch was better and in the first fight took him lightly.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs Sun 06 Jul 2014, 12:37 pm

Don't really like Groves and wanted Carl to win so was ecstatic when he did, but you can see that Groves definitely has the talent to succeed at world level

Don't like how he adopted haye's style, it works as haye is so much faster than most heavys whereas Groves isn't loads faster than the rest of the competition

He has quick reflexes, one punch power and great speed, but needs to tighten up his defence a bit as the chin is there to be hit cleanly when he does get tagged

Don't like him but he's more exciting than degale and is the better fighter and good luck to him, he needs some rebuilding

WHU_Champo_League_in_7Yrs

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 06 Jul 2014, 12:44 pm

We haven't got Froch for much longer so might as well get behind Groves

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 1:44 pm

Yeh I like Groves style. Has brilliant technique and speed but does indeed leave his chin open. We mentioned it before froch when he had that scare vs Anderson and then Froch stopped him twice.

Saying that, I see him beating most of the guys out there such as Abraham, Steiglitz, Bika and maybe in a couple of years....Ward, Froch etc.

Who knows, he is definitely talented and want to see him go far.

Just needs to watch his attitude in my eyes.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 06 Jul 2014, 1:46 pm

Froch stopped him fairly once to be fair MM8. We never got the chance to see if his whiskers would have held up in the first bout (still pees me off now.)

I can see him doing really well though and if he does watch his attitude could become a big thing for us to get behind.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by Dipper Brown Sun 06 Jul 2014, 1:56 pm

I find him quite likeable. Just think him and Froch brought out the worst in each other personality wise. I liked Froch (ish) until the Groves fight. Been debated to death though, so I'll leave that point

Dipper Brown

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Sun 06 Jul 2014, 2:05 pm

I don't think Groves was complacent against Froch. I think adopted a more cautious strategy because he wanted to ensure he had enough in the tank for 12 rounds.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by rycoys Sun 06 Jul 2014, 5:41 pm

Yeh and never really got chance to prove he had enough in the tank for 12 rounds . He was dominating the 8th and I do believe he was continue to dominate until the now famous froch right!

rycoys

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 6:31 pm

Wouldn't have said he would have dominated mate. In the first fight he dominated the first 5 rounds and then started to get caught.

In the second fight it was nip and tuck, he got tired as per normal, made a mistake and got punished.

Wouldn't say it was a famous right hand. It's a shot froch throws on a regular basis. He did the same in the first fight in round 9 when he initially caught him and wobbled him.

This time it was earlier and george made a genuine mistake against a world class fighter.

It happens.

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbymanc Sun 06 Jul 2014, 6:45 pm

I don't think he looked tired MM8 it looked like Groves was about to start kicking on and the last rounds would have been an absolutely peach for the fans of either man. Froch caught him with a peach though and noone could argue with that stoppage.

Looking forward to his next fight to see if he's recovered from it or if it has any lasting effect. Would like to see Froch have an easyish last fight either in Vegas where he wants or at the (ptui) city ground.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:25 pm

Its being reported groves will have a come back fight and then fight the winner of bika/ dirrel

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 06 Jul 2014, 9:27 pm

Hes reportedly going to be fighting in september and then if all goes well a title fight in december

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down