The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guinness PRO12 Fixtures

+27
Jimpy
The Great Aukster
Irish Londoner
asoreleftshoulder
Neutralee
Pete330v2
VinceWLB
Jenifer McLadyboy
Welshmushroom
HammerofThunor
Sin é
RDW
demosthenes
Scrumpy
St John The Enforcer
LeinsterFan4life
profitius
GoodinTightSpaces
Chunky Norwich
Notch
justified sinner
ScarletSpiderman
George Carlin
thebandwagonsociety
Cardiff Dave
Kingshu
bedfordwelsh
31 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Guinness PRO12 Fixtures - Page 5 Empty Guinness PRO12 Fixtures

Post by bedfordwelsh Thu 10 Jul 2014, 1:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Not seen this yet but here first 2 rounds of fixtures:

5/6/7 Sep Connacht Rugby v Newport Gwent Dragons Sportsground

5/6/7 Sep Glasgow Warriors v Leinster Rugby Scotstoun Stadium

5/6/7 Sep Munster Rugby v Edinburgh Rugby Thomond Park

5/6/7 Sep Ospreys v Benetton Treviso Liberty Stadium

5/6/7 Sep Scarlets v Ulster Rugby Parc y Scarlets

5/6/7 Sep Zebre v Cardiff Blues Stadio XXV Aprile

12/13/14 Sep Benetton Treviso v Munster Rugby Stadio Monigo

12/13/14 Sep Cardiff Blues v Glasgow Warriors BT Sport Cardiff Arms Park

12/13/14 Sep Edinburgh Rugby v Connacht Rugby BT Murrayfield

12/13/14 Sep Leinster Rugby v Scarlets RDS Arena

12/13/14 Sep Newport Gwent Dragons v Ospreys Rodney Parade

12/13/14 Sep Ulster Rugby v Zebre Kingspan Stadium

Nive early season home derby for us agains the Os, 2 big games for the Scarlets to get their season up and running
bedfordwelsh
bedfordwelsh

Back to top Go down

Guinness PRO12 Fixtures - Page 5 Empty Re: Guinness PRO12 Fixtures

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 12 Aug 2014, 3:26 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:And here is something that puzzles me. The regions were set up in order to compete in what is now the pro 12.

So how can someone who loves the regions hate the pro12 so much? It's not computing for me.

I don't understand you're question. The regions were set up to be professional mechanisms to play professional players. There's no intrinsic bond between them and the pro12 or any other competition.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Tue 12 Aug 2014, 3:44 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:I don't understand you're question. The regions were set up to be professional mechanisms to play professional players. There's no intrinsic bond between them and the pro12 or any other competition.

Well there is a bond - as we've already agreed there is no other way that Welsh teams can take part in a high-level professional rugby competition other than by being members of the Pro12, there is nowhere else for them to go.

I would agree with you that it would have been better for there to have been some sort of cross nation league created at the dawn of professionalism, in my ideal world a two division league involving all four home nations would have been (and still could be) a route to better league rugby competition but it's not likely to happen now given the various routes to professionalism that different countries and RFUs took, just as it would be more geographically logical for the French league to expand and incoporate sides from Italy and possibly Spain.

Unfortunately the countries involved all have to play the hands they were dealt, for example the RFU in England handled the whole thing really badly as well - tragically for such a great rugby country Wales (at club/region level) more than the others has managed to play it's hand worst.

What do you want to happen to make it better for Wales with or without the other Pro12 clubs?

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Tue 12 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm

Irish Londoner wrote:

What do you want to happen to make it better for Wales with or without the other Pro12 clubs?

My first choice would be a British and Irish league. Probably 2 divisions. I believe there would be massive appetitie for this product, which huge financial gains that could possibly eat away at the gap with the French.

Second choice for welsh regions would be entry to the English setup be it at aviva or championship level. But I would understand why the English clubs would not be for it - as they have a system that currently works.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Tue 12 Aug 2014, 3:56 pm

Irish Londoner wrote:
Chunky Norwich wrote:I don't understand you're question. The regions were set up to be professional mechanisms to play professional players. There's no intrinsic bond between them and the pro12 or any other competition.

Well there is a bond - as we've already agreed there is no other way that Welsh teams can take part in a high-level professional rugby competition other than by being members of the Pro12, there is nowhere else for them to go.

I would agree with you that it would have been better for there to have been some sort of cross nation league created at the dawn of professionalism, in my ideal world a two division league involving all four home nations would have been (and still could be) a route to better league rugby competition but it's not likely to happen now given the various routes to professionalism that different countries and RFUs took, just as it would be more geographically logical for the French league to expand and incoporate sides from Italy and possibly Spain.

Unfortunately the countries involved all have to play the hands they were dealt, for example the RFU in England handled the whole thing really badly as well - tragically for such a great rugby country Wales (at club/region level) more than the others has managed to play it's hand worst.

Just a thought, there must be ambitious clubs out there in England who are not in the running for a prem spot, teams like Pirates or Rotheram, could they not be enticed into the Rabo to make a Brit and Ire league?

I know it would be tough to start, but the level of rugby isn't bad in the champ, and becoming pro would make them better, and probably competitive, this could then put a bit of pressure on the PRL to be more open to inclusiveness.

I have no idea if this would, or could work, but it would be an interesting idea, and the PRL have no control over these clubs and want to ring fence the prem anyway don't they?

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:01 pm

Irish Londoner wrote:

Float off into the magical world of wonderland. Where the WRU, RFU and IRB say "Yes of course you poor put upon little regions, come with us while we smooth your way to your rightful place with English rugby. Don't mind those nasty championship sides, we'll whip their tails and send them to bed with no supper"

Meanwhile the nasty celtitalian meanies will be cast out into the wilderness and made to beg for their supper.

The nice PRL chappies will love you and keep you nice and not punch you too hard as long as you don't strain to much on your lead, we will feed you and pet you and you will just be soooo happy.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:08 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Irish Londoner wrote:

Float off into the magical world of wonderland. Where the WRU, RFU and IRB say "Yes of course you poor put upon little regions, come with us while we smooth your way to your rightful place with English rugby. Don't mind those nasty championship sides, we'll whip their tails and send them to bed with no supper"

Meanwhile the nasty celtitalian meanies will be cast out into the wilderness and made to beg for their supper.

The nice PRL chappies will love you and keep you nice and not punch you too hard as long as you don't strain to much on your lead, we will feed you and pet you and you will just be soooo happy.

Pretty patronizing don't you think, you can agree but to reduce his entire nation to the likes of a puupy as an insult to his opinion is probably not the best way to go.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm

Just my opinion love

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by PenfroPete Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:10 pm

British & Irish two division league should have been the way to go. If we go that way now we will ditch the Italians and I cannot see the French taking them in

As far as an Anglo-Welsh league – no thank you.  To paraphrase the normally mild-mannered Phil Bennett “Look what these b@st@rds have done to Wales. They've taken our coal, our water, our steel. They buy our homes and live in them for a fortnight every year. What have they given us? Absolutely nothing. We've been exploited, r@ped, controlled and punished by the English - and that's who you want to join in a league”
PenfroPete
PenfroPete

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:14 pm

If you want my actual opinion. That would happen to all the "home" nations. If there was a British and Irish league. The PRL would make the rules and we would all be wearing a collar.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:15 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:If you want my actual opinion. That would happen to all the "home" nations. If there was a British and Irish league. The PRL would make the rules and we would all be wearing a collar.

You mean like the Rugby champions cup?

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:22 pm

Neutralee wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:If you want my actual opinion. That would happen to all the "home" nations. If there was a British and Irish league. The PRL would make the rules and we would all be wearing a collar.

They would not have to worry about keeping the French happy though. They could use their old "divide and conquer" trick. Make us feck eachother up.

It would be a mess. IMHO.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Neutralee wrote:

They would not have to worry about keeping the French happy though. They could use their old "divide and conquer" trick. Make us feck eachother up.

They worked it pretty well with that tempting of the regions  censored 

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Tue 12 Aug 2014, 4:27 pm

Neutralee wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:
Neutralee wrote:

They worked it pretty well with that tempting of the regions  censored 
Eggs act lee

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 13 Aug 2014, 3:49 pm

I would have thought 'The Marmite' would have generated more interest than this.

212 post since the 10th July!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 13 Aug 2014, 4:51 pm

Could it be a sign of it being the off season? Or could it be a worrying situation where the trolls, wums and lynchings has turned people away from the site for good.

thebandwagonsociety

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 14 Aug 2014, 9:04 am

I think the Welsh have left!
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jimpy Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:03 am

thebandwagonsociety wrote:Could it be a sign of it being the off season? Or could it be a worrying situation where the trolls, wums and lynchings has turned people away from the site for good.

Or that people have realised that in the cold light of day, the PRO12 is a gash league unworthy of comment?

Seriously, the AP Preview thread hasn't been that active either.

Jimpy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:42 am

Most posters have more to say about their own team's pre-season antics.

Very little to say about the league in general, hence the Marie Celeste-esque vibe to this thread.

The Ulster and Glasgow/Edinburgh pre-season team threads have already each hit 1,000 posts and they're on to a new one.
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 14 Aug 2014, 10:47 am

But how many of those posts are based on Rugby?

It’s like a transcript of WI meeting on there at times. Wink
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by George Carlin Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:17 am

Scrumpy wrote:But how many of those posts are based on Rugby?

Speaking for the Glasgow/Edinburgh thread, at least, oh, 10%.

You must have been to some potty mouthed WI meetings.  Laugh
George Carlin
George Carlin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by jimbopip Thu 14 Aug 2014, 11:35 am

George Carlin wrote:
Scrumpy wrote:But how many of those posts are based on Rugby?

Speaking for the Glasgow/Edinburgh thread, at least, oh, 10%.

You must have been to some potty mouthed WI meetings.  Laugh

I think you'll find that our Metrosexual Festival Luvvies have occasionally posted their WI minutes by mistake whereas the West End Warriors are far too manly to post anything other than sonnets praising Rob Harley or odes to the Jedi and the occasional sick note.

jimbopip

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 14 Aug 2014, 1:25 pm

I still love the Marmite, for what it is.
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Neutralee Thu 14 Aug 2014, 1:29 pm

Scrumpy wrote:I still love the Marmite, for what it is.

So the only ones left are the uned...

Oh.

Neutralee

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 19 Aug 2014, 4:17 pm

Conformation of what has been sort of unofficially rumoured for the last week or so; BBC NI have won the bidding to show Ulsters games in the Pro12.

In the league section of the PRO12, BBC NI will have live coverage on BBC Two NI of all Ulster’s home and away matches not selected for broadcast by Sky. Those matches that Sky do select will be live on BBC Radio Ulster. BBC NI has also secured live TV coverage of any play-off match, including the final, involving Ulster.

Apparently Setanta were bidding for these games so its good to see BBC NI putting the best offer on the table for them to stay free to air.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Tue 19 Aug 2014, 4:21 pm

Competition is always good and shows that there is interest. Good feel for how the sport is seen in the area.

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Tue 19 Aug 2014, 5:25 pm

It's been a very big ratings winner for BBCNI. One of their biggest 'locally produced' draws for viewers, and as well as that they have to have a certain amount of locally developed programming and this ticks that box so it seems they fought hard to keep it.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by 21st Century Schizoid Man Tue 19 Aug 2014, 5:38 pm

Well played BBC NI  clap 
21st Century Schizoid Man
21st Century Schizoid Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Irish Londoner Wed 20 Aug 2014, 8:56 am

Anyone know how I can get BBC Norn Iron on Virgin?

Irish Londoner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 20 Aug 2014, 9:29 am

Anyone know when the rest of the fixtures for September, October and November will be confirmed?

http://www.pro12rugby.com/fixtures.php

We are 11 days away from September.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 20 Aug 2014, 10:50 am

If I were you I would be more worried about some kind of participation agreement than a few fixtures.

The former could well sort out most of the latter anyway. Definitely the ones at the end of Oct that have been put in jeopardy over some poxy development cup

Then we would just need the Italians to get a TV deal sorted.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:11 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:If I were you I would be more worried about some kind of participation agreement than a few fixtures.

The former could well sort out most of the latter anyway. Definitely the ones at the end of Oct that have been put in jeopardy over some poxy development cup

The fixtures remaining to be confirmed have nothing to do with a participation agreement and you know it.

It's absurd that they are not released yet.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:19 am

What is going on with the Marmite?
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by HammerofThunor Wed 20 Aug 2014, 11:31 am

Irish Londoner wrote:Anyone know how I can get BBC Norn Iron on Virgin?

Not sure if this is accurate but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBC_One_Northern_Ireland

HammerofThunor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 20 Aug 2014, 12:20 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:If I were you I would be more worried about some kind of participation agreement than a few fixtures.

The fixtures remaining to be confirmed have nothing to do with a participation agreement and you know it.

It's absurd that they are not released yet.

The point I was making is the fixtures are a minor irritation compared to the big problem.

Last I heard the October fixtures were supposed to be sorted as part of an agreement.

Espn wrote:Such a fixture clash is a rarity in rugby and the RFU issued a statement concerning the clash, which was printed on Wales Online, saying: "The WRU is currently in negotiations with the regions regarding the Participation Agreement for the upcoming season.

"Once those negotiations have concluded, they will address the potential clash for Welsh clubs in Round 1 of the LV= Cup, the dates of which were agreed by all LV= Cup stakeholders back in April 2014."

The rest of them seem to involve Italian teams and you know it

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 20 Aug 2014, 12:54 pm

The fixtures needing to be confirmed are down to potential Italian broadcast rights and Welsh regions/Union signing them up for a fixture clash. Hope both are resolved soon.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:35 pm

I see Ulster actually have a home game that isn't on a Friday. How have the people of Northern Ireland reacted to this scandal?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:42 pm

laughing 

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Wed 20 Aug 2014, 2:46 pm

well summed up Risca

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:18 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:I see Ulster actually have a home game that isn't on a Friday. How have the people of Northern Ireland reacted to this scandal?

Don't have much choice with the Sky contract. Obviously its annoying from an attendance point of view but you'd have to think Sky will be able to offset any potential ratings loss on the TV side.
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Wed 20 Aug 2014, 3:54 pm

Good news Chunkster!

The Scarlets September fixture seems to have been decided as 20th at 18:00

The only unfixed fixtures I can find that are not Italian HOME games are Dragons v Munster at the end of Nov and Ulster v Connacht at Christmas.

I'm sure you will not be up late at night having panic attacks over those 2.

Oh yeah. And the 2 games that are waiting on a Welsh participation agreement. Nearly forgot about those. Smile

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Notch Wed 20 Aug 2014, 4:03 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:I'm sure you will not be up late at night having panic attacks over those 2.

A wee bit optimistic JM!
Notch
Notch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 21 Aug 2014, 9:56 am

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:Good news Chunkster!

The only unfixed fixtures I can find that are not Italian HOME games are Dragons v Munster at the end of Nov and Ulster v Connacht at Christmas.

Oh yeah. And the 2 games that are waiting on a Welsh participation agreement. Nearly forgot about those. Smile

I need to know the Zebre home fixture asap. Got potential family stuff on around that time.

Pretty annoying that it's not available.

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by GoodinTightSpaces Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:03 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:

I need to know the Zebre home fixture asap. Got potential family stuff on around that time.

did you family not publish the time on the official chunky website. maybe you should start a thread on that

GoodinTightSpaces

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:50 am

Chunky Norwich wrote:

I need to know the Zebre home fixture asap.
Got potential family stuff on around that time.

That is one of the 2 that is waiting on a Welsh PA as per the quote up the page from the folk you want as your new overlords. So yes. It is pretty annoying that they can't sort it out.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:53 am

It's like watching a teenager in his bedroom, that looks like a bomb hit it, complaining that he "can't find his trainers"

Worry about sorting the bedroom and the trainers will look after themselves

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 21 Aug 2014, 10:55 am

"But Mum. That's too hard, and by the way you are soooo annoying. I hate you!" Laugh

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chunky Norwich Thu 21 Aug 2014, 2:50 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:]
That is one of the 2 that is waiting on a Welsh PA as per the quote up the page from the folk you want as your new overlords. So yes. It is pretty annoying that they can't sort it out.

Why is that particular fixture waiting on the PA?

Chunky Norwich

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrumpy Thu 21 Aug 2014, 3:05 pm

Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:It's like watching a teenager in his bedroom, that looks like a bomb hit it, complaining that he "can't find his trainers"

Why are you watching teenage boys in their bedrooms?  Shocked 
Scrumpy
Scrumpy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:22 pm

Scrumpy wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:It's like watching a teenager in his bedroom, that looks like a bomb hit it, complaining that he "can't find his trainers"

Why are you watching teenage boys in their bedrooms?  Shocked 

Eeeeh. Cause I'm a parent. I take no pleasure in it.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jenifer McLadyboy Thu 21 Aug 2014, 4:24 pm

Chunky Norwich wrote:
Jenifer McLadyboy wrote:]

Why is that particular fixture waiting on the PA?
Can't be arsed scrolling up a few posts? Ah well.

Jenifer McLadyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next