The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pulev Casting Dispersions On Wlad - Heavy Inference of Juicing

+15
hampo17
ShahenshahG
3fingers
kingraf
hazharrison
jimdig
John Bloody Wayne
Dipper Brown
Rowley
Boxtthis
milkyboy
TopHat24/7
Derbymanc
TRUSSMAN66
Strongback
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pulev Casting Dispersions On Wlad - Heavy Inference of Juicing - Page 2 Empty Pulev Casting Dispersions On Wlad - Heavy Inference of Juicing

Post by Strongback Mon 14 Jul 2014, 11:06 am

First topic message reminder :

“About doping, the very fact that he refuses to play by the rules means that he’s hiding something. Maybe he’s afraid. That’s his choice, but this makes him a fake champion,” Pulev said, as quoted by Bulgarian sports daily Tema Sport.

“Nothing prevents him from submitting a sample to show that we have an equal starts. From what I see and what he is doing, it is clear that he is afraid to play by the rules. I do not know if he’s taking anabolic [steroids] or something else; whatever it is, I’ll manage,” Pulev is reported to have said.

This is the second time since the date of the Pulev-Klitschko fight was announced last month that the 33-year-old Bulgarian boxer has hit out at his 38-year-old opponent for refusing to accept being tested for banned substances during training.

“I must always be available and notify where I am staying and where I can be found at any moment. Why is this not true for Wladimir Klitschko? That would be only fair,” Pulev told German news agency DPA on June 25.
Pulev says he has already been tested once since the announcement was made. “I am not hiding, unlike him, and I have been tested once already. There is no problem – I’m on apples, oranges and pears. I am keeping my regimen and preparing according to rules. My conscience is clear, but I am not so sure about his,” he told Tema Sport.

A former European heavyweight champion, Pulev has a 20-0 record since turning professional, with 11 of those wins coming by knockout. He achieved mandatory challenger status from the International Boxing Federation (IBF) in August 2013, after defeating American boxer Tony Thompson.

Pulev, nicknamed “the Cobra”, has made no secret of his desire to fight Klitschko and has repeatedly suggested, over the past year, that the Ukrainian was “afraid” to fight him.

After Klitschko defended his WBO world title against Australian challenger Alex Leapai in April, the IBF said that he would be stripped of his title if he did not fight Pulev next.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Pulev Casting Dispersions On Wlad - Heavy Inference of Juicing - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulev Casting Dispersions On Wlad - Heavy Inference of Juicing

Post by catchweight Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:58 am

Rowley wrote:Whilst I am not naïve enough to believe for a minute that in a sport where testing is so inadequate and the punishments are so lenient that PED abuse in boxing will not be rife, I do find myself becoming increasingly frustrated with the seeming trend to convict people on little more than the word of a loudmouth rival. Might be the whiny Guardian reading liberal in me but the concept of innocent till proven guilty should apply and many of the fighters who get these accusations thrown at them, be it Wlad, Manny or Marquez have, to the best of my knowledge not failed a test.

Am quite sure some of our top stars will be using and will be gaining an advantage by these means. However some will be doing so by hard graft, skill and dedication and without knowing who is who think we should not be so quick to jump on such accusations, particularly when they are as baseless as this one appears to be.

Little more than the word of a loudmouth rival? Hooking up with convicted steroid suppliers and refusing to be tested properly entitles is more than just hearsay. The never failing a test thing is also a bullsh1t reason given that there is practically non existant testing in the sport. The tough testing is optional and seldom enforced.

Its so obvious that the sport is rife with it that you would need to be blind not to acknowledge it.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Pulev Casting Dispersions On Wlad - Heavy Inference of Juicing - Page 2 Empty Re: Pulev Casting Dispersions On Wlad - Heavy Inference of Juicing

Post by kingraf Tue 15 Jul 2014, 10:39 am

To be fair, Wlad does get tested, regularly I assume, out of competition too...
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:07 pm

So whats the situation? Accept the terms (you get drug tested, and I dont) otherwise miss out on a pay day? I guess the slave contract stuff was true. Seems pretty straightforward and a shocking abuse of power.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:08 pm

People will put up with anything to make a buck, money talks.

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:12 pm

3fingers wrote:So whats the situation? Accept the terms (you get drug tested, and I dont) otherwise miss out on a pay day? I guess the slave contract stuff was true. Seems pretty straightforward and a shocking abuse of power.
No - It just means they use the German agency rather than the russian/private/bulgarian or whatever else one. Everybody gets tested - by the Germans.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:15 pm

thanks shah, im still none the wiser

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Tue 15 Jul 2014, 9:27 pm

Povetkin tried it as well and I imagine Pulev is getting his excuses in early. Povetkin said Wlad should go through certain testing with Rusda - the russian drug agency - Wlad said fine as long as they tested with the german one as well. Povetkin refused. In the end the payday proved to be too tempting and he accepted the terms. Now Pulev is trying to get random testing (after agreeing to the terms) just excuses coming out already.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Strongback Tue 15 Jul 2014, 10:00 pm

ShahenshahG wrote:Povetkin tried it as well and I imagine Pulev is getting his excuses in early. Povetkin said Wlad should go through certain testing with Rusda - the russian drug agency - Wlad said fine as long as they tested with the german one as well. Povetkin refused. In the end the payday proved to be too tempting and he accepted the terms. Now Pulev is trying to get random testing (after agreeing to the terms) just excuses coming out already.

I am as certain as I can be that Wlad is juicing hard. His physique is too developed, in fact he looks more like a bodybuilder with every fight although he is 37 when most athletes are well in decline. It doesn't stack unless it's PED's.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2