The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brew your own Alcohol

2 posters

Go down

Brew your own Alcohol Empty Brew your own Alcohol

Post by Derbymanc Fri 01 Aug 2014, 9:55 am

Morning all,

The missus and I have been brewing our own Beer and Wine for ages now (from the beer kits, not completely from scratch) and I wondered if anyone else did it and if you had any tips or tricks to get the best out of it, or just to state what your favourites are.

So far we've made Red/White/Rose/Plum/Strawberry Wine, The plus was surprisingly nice while the red was extremely strong (Kenridge if anyone's interested)

Cerveza and normal lager, you can't really go wrong with Wilkinson's own but any recommendations are welcome.

A Stout (I can't remember the brand) but it was extremely heavy and we ended up binning most of it.

Pear Cider (again Wilky's own) which I thought was pretty nice but it gave the missus a hangover.

And we even tried making Vodka/Whiskey/Peach Schnapps and Brandy, the only thing I can say to anyone thinking of doing this is DON'T, it was absolutely rotten and the Vodka left a horrible film in your mouth (like someone had dropped gelatin in it.)

Anyone that hasn't done it, it's well worth a go (especially if your not going up the pub anymore) as you can pay anything from a tenner upwards and it'll make you around 40 bottles.

Derbymanc

Back to top Go down

Brew your own Alcohol Empty Re: Brew your own Alcohol

Post by kingraf Fri 01 Aug 2014, 2:39 pm

I don't, but the S.A.B world of beer has a festival for home brews, it's quite the event. Home brews are quite massive here, but then again, so is general alcoholism
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri 01 Aug 2014, 2:41 pm

SAB- South African Breweries. I may be wrong, but I believe they pick up and sell the best ones as well.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down