The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fed's racquet finally gets launched properly!

4 posters

Go down

Fed's racquet finally gets launched properly! Empty Fed's racquet finally gets launched properly!

Post by lydian Sat 02 Aug 2014, 3:52 pm

Since Federer started using his new prototype Pro Staff frame in competition this season, the matte-black cosmetics would seem to be the perfect accessory. However, starting this week the final graphics of the "Wilson Pro Staff RF97 Autograph" will be in full display.

The roulette wheel color combination pays homage to Pro Staff tradition — the black throat reflects the color’s prevalence in previous Pro Staffs — and one of its signature user’s favourite shades. Peter Figasinski, a freelance graphic designer and lifelong Wilson racquet user, is responsible for the configuration. When Federer started using his prototype, Figasinski posted a design concept on a popular tennis forum. Wilson saw it, tracked Figasinski down, and signed him to a one-year contract to do a variety of design work for the company.

“When I saw the designs from Wilson, I knew right away that this was the look that I wanted to represent my legacy with the brand,” said Federer in a statement released by Wilson. “The design is young and modern, with a classic feel. It is a fitting look for the next generation of the Pro Staff racquets.”

It’s the first Wilson Autograph racquet in almost 40 years, the last being Chris Evert Autograph released in 1976. Federer took to Twitter last night to show off his new paint job.

Fed is pretty happy with it:
Fed's racquet finally gets launched properly! Image19
Fed's racquet finally gets launched properly! Image18

Another article about it here:
http://federerfan07.com/2014/08/01/wilson-unveils-graphics-package-for-roger-federers-new-pro-staff-racket/

Plus 3 fun new videos of its development here too....enjoy:

"Hi, I'm Roger...I'm a tennis player" - love the understatement!
lydian
lydian

Back to top Go down

Fed's racquet finally gets launched properly! Empty Re: Fed's racquet finally gets launched properly!

Post by lags72 Sat 02 Aug 2014, 5:36 pm

Don't think he even went so far as "tennis player" ...... Wasn't it just "I'm Roger and I play tennis ...."  chin 

Somehow I doubt that even this perfectly-crafted racquet would have any form of beneficial effect on my rather limited game  Crying or Very sad 

But I loved watching the three vids - thanks for posting !

lags72

Back to top Go down

Fed's racquet finally gets launched properly! Empty Re: Fed's racquet finally gets launched properly!

Post by The Special Juan Sat 02 Aug 2014, 5:50 pm

I've bought this racquet and have started frequently shanking the ball, especially on my backhand side. This is something I never did with my Babolat AeroPro. I want a refund!!

When has he been using it since?
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by laverfan Sun 03 Aug 2014, 5:28 am

The Special Juan wrote:I've bought this racquet and have started frequently shanking the ball, especially on my backhand side.  This is something I never did with my Babolat AeroPro.  I want a refund!!

When has he been using it since?

You should go buy a Babolat PureStrike. Wink

Beterrer or Batterer.  Whistle  (Thank god for no Battering Ram jokes).

laverfan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down