The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Used To Think Lennox Was a Gent. Now I KNOW He Is.

+21
ShahenshahG
Seanusarrilius
mobilemaster8
DirectView2
DuransHorse
theanimal316
jbeadlesbigrighthand
TopHat24/7
AdamT
Hammersmith harrier
trottb
Rowley
Soldier_Of_Fortune
88Chris05
milkyboy
kingraf
jimdig
3fingers
Strongback
Yojimbonufc
Mr Bounce
25 posters

Go down

I Used To Think Lennox Was a Gent. Now I KNOW He Is. Empty I Used To Think Lennox Was a Gent. Now I KNOW He Is.

Post by Mr Bounce Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:46 am

I follow Lennox Lewis on Twitter and have always regarded him as a Gent. I chanced a tweet to him as my wife has just had major surgery to prevent breast cancer. This is what I got back.

MrBounce ‏@MrBounce38 22h

@LennoxLewis My super brave wife Rachel is now home after a double mastectomy. Can I get a "get well" tweet from you champ? #onebravelady

Lennox Lewis ‏@LennoxLewis 4h

"@MrBounce38 Tell Rachel I'm expecting a full and speedy recovery. #GetWellSoon All the best. Oh yeh.. How's that tooth coming along?"

He had even taken the time to look at my previous tweets and noted I'd had a tooth infection. Nothing but class from the man.

Oh, and who marked my tweet as a favourite? One Riddick Bowe... Kudos to the 90s champs!

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

I Used To Think Lennox Was a Gent. Now I KNOW He Is. Empty Re: I Used To Think Lennox Was a Gent. Now I KNOW He Is.

Post by Yojimbonufc Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:04 am

That is awesome, he has always seemed like a class act. Hope your wife gets well soon.

Yojimbonufc

Back to top Go down

I Used To Think Lennox Was a Gent. Now I KNOW He Is. Empty Re: I Used To Think Lennox Was a Gent. Now I KNOW He Is.

Post by Strongback Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:11 am

Very cool by Lennox.

Strongback

Back to top Go down

Post by 3fingers Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:21 am

Best wishes to your wife

3fingers

Back to top Go down

Post by jimdig Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:47 am

Sh1t mate, sorry to hear what your wife and you are going through. Class by Lewis.

jimdig

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:56 am

Yeah, a tooth infection is a real test of marriage.

On a serious note. Hope your wife gets better, that's a very serious procedure she's just had, and it is as hard psychologically, as is physically. All the best mate. Classy from Lewis, but he's always been a class act. He signed an autograph for my old man in 2001 having just been KTFO by Rahman 5 a.m in the middle of Brakpan. Nobody does anything nice for anyone at 5 a.m in Brakpan
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by milkyboy Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:52 am

Always seemed a decent guy for someone who earned his living punching people. Good on him for taking the time, and best wishes to mrs bounce for a speedy recovery

milkyboy

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:01 am

Always felt that the image of Lewis being a real sweetheart outside the ring was a lot more believable than it is for a lot of other fighters. Even his threats to knock an opponent out sounded gentlemanly somehow, mind you. Nice touch by him there.

More importantly, all the best to your better half and yourself, Bounce.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Nice of the big man to have time for his fans.

Hope all is well with you and Mrs Bounce  thumbsup 

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Rowley Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:01 pm

All the best to the missus bounce, and well done to Lennox, always a class act.

Rowley
Admin
Admin

Location : I'm just a symptom of the modern decay that's gnawing at the heart of this country.

Back to top Go down

Post by trottb Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:26 pm

Hope Mrs Bounce recovers soon, mate.

Good to see Lennox live up to his reputation, it is clearly thoroughly deserved.

trottb

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:10 pm

Best wishes to your missus mate.

Great stuff from the big man too.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:18 pm

I have to hold my hands up. Always thought his nice guy image was just an act. In am wrong, Lennox is a class act. Great champ and man.

Also good luck to your wife, hope she makes a speedy recovery.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:48 pm

LEG-END! True gent, even higher in my estimations now.

More importantly, best wishes and strong recovery to Mrs Bounce.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by jbeadlesbigrighthand Fri Aug 08, 2014 8:56 pm

88Chris05 wrote:Always felt that the image of Lewis being a real sweetheart outside the ring was a lot more believable than it is for a lot of other fighters. Even his threats to knock an opponent out sounded gentlemanly somehow, mind you. Nice touch by him there.

I don't know about threats sounding gentlemanly. I always thought threats never sounded natural coming from him - as though he clearly wasn't used to saying things like that, and found it rather distasteful.

And, more importantly, best wishes to your wife MrBounce - hopefully she lives up to your pseudonym and bounces back quickly.

jbeadlesbigrighthand

Back to top Go down

Post by theanimal316 Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:07 pm

Good luck in your wife's recovery, my mum had it done and it must be incredibly difficult for a woman to go through.

theanimal316

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:16 pm

Best wishes to your other half mate. My ex-Inspector's wife has it done over a decade ago now and she's fit and well. She's got a great sense of humour to boot which has been a real boost to them both. She told me that she'd had temporary prosthetics fitted after the op for a while and once asked her husband, "Do you want to feel my t!ts?" when he said "ye"s she took her prosthetic breasts off and threw them across the room at him

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:47 pm

Thank you all for your very kind words. It's a lovely thing to have any sort of "Get Well" message from people I have never had the fortune of meeting, be they people I share (or argue about) opinions with on a Boxing forum with or good wishes from respected former World Champs.

Mrs B is indeed doing quite well considering her ordeal - she has the same BRCA1 faulty gene as Angelina Jolie and the mastectomy was a major step towards seriously reducing her chances of developing breast cancer (85% before the op!). She's fantastic.

No disrespect or I will set "my mate Lennox" on to you  Very Happy 

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:18 pm

Hello everyone.

It's my first post on here but I only really signed up to try and convince ONETWOFOREVER not to abandon ship. Why Lord? Why!?!  ... As it happens I saw Lennox in the title of this tread and being a fan I clicked on it and found something more worthy to post on.

All the best to your wife Mr Bounce. I hope that she recovers speedily.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:20 am

That is as odd a season for joining as I've seen. I think Geoffrey banned him though, so you may be late... Once he decided against jumping, we all got together and pushed him (passive-aggressively, of course)
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:27 am

Boxer with big heart.

Lewis is one of those funny guys who is actually sweet yet at the same time brag and bully out the opponents.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:31 am

kingraf wrote:That is as odd a season for joining as I've seen. I think Geoffrey banned him though, so you may be late... Once he decided against jumping, we all got together and pushed him (passive-aggressively, of course)
Speak for yourself, Raf

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:41 am

I don't even like boxing. I just really really really liked reading ONETWOFOREVERs posts.

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:43 am

You're the only one who did then..he was, and probably still is, a massive *unt!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat Aug 09, 2014 12:45 am

DuransHorse wrote:I don't even like boxing.  I just really really really liked reading ONETWOFOREVERs posts.

The only person I can think of who would enjoy reading his posts is ONWTWO himself.

Check his IP add  Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by mobilemaster8 Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:02 am

Happy days Bounce. Nice touch from Lennox because I used to think of him as an arrogant type with no time for anyone.

But credit where it's due and that is a bloody nice touch because some wouldn't give anyone the time of day

And again, as already stated, all the best in Mrs Bounce recovery.....

mobilemaster8

Back to top Go down

Post by DuransHorse Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:11 am

Surely you don't have grounds to check my IP until I post on a TRUSS article starting with "Wow! Another great Article TRUSS..."

DuransHorse

Back to top Go down

Post by Seanusarrilius Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:32 am

All the best to your wife. Great to see Lennox taking the time to say the same.

Seanusarrilius

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:46 am

DuransHorse wrote:Surely you don't have grounds to check my IP until I post on a TRUSS article starting with "Wow! Another great Article TRUSS..."

NOPE BUT WE WILL BE WATCHING  Shocked

Where is TRUSS? The Beefster must be spotting the lads in a gym somewhere. 

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:52 am

All the best to your mrs mate.

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:57 am

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
DuransHorse wrote:Surely you don't have grounds to check my IP until I post on a TRUSS article starting with "Wow! Another great Article TRUSS..."

Where is TRUSS? The Beefster must be spotting bumming the lads in a gym somewhere. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Hammersmith harrier Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:12 am

88Chris05 wrote:Always felt that the image of Lewis being a real sweetheart outside the ring was a lot more believable than it is for a lot of other fighters. Even his threats to knock an opponent out sounded gentlemanly somehow, mind you. Nice touch by him there.

His threats to knock somebody out always came across as more intimidating because he was so calm and gentlemanly about it, the two men to get under his skin Tyson and Rahman soon regretted it when he systematically broke them down. Got the impression he was enjoying dishing out some punishment and prolonged it as long as he could before landing that huge right hand.

Hammersmith harrier

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:27 pm

DAVE667 wrote:
Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Where is TRUSS? The Beefster must be spotting bumming the lads in a gym somewhere. 

Laugh 

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by John Bloody Wayne Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:09 am

Good old, cuddly, fuzzy Lennox, that is a classy gesture.

And Mrs Bounce's bravery is extremely commendable, best wishes Bounce.

John Bloody Wayne

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:44 am

King of the wums old Lennox....Upset Holy, Tyson, Bowe and Rahman....Master craftsman in and out of the ring but always a class act !!

Best compliment is that I'm not surprised he tweeted you Bouncy..

Best of luck with the wife Bouncer sorry she's had it rough....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:33 am

Haha Dave that's a good one bout throwing the knockers across the room. My mate has a glass eye and in parties he would say to someone who doesn't know him when they go to the loo or whatever "do you want me to keep an eye on ur drink while you are away?" They always fall for it and when they come back his glass eye is sittin in the bottom of their drink lol. Never gets boring that one.

All the best with the missus Bounce. Hope it all works out for you all
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn
Reborn-DeeMcK-Reborn

http://theboxingfreak.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by smashingstormcrow Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:29 pm

Second thing I've read about Lennox today which makes me think he's a good bloke.

smashingstormcrow

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down