The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement?

+14
Born Slippy
TRuffin
DirectView2
Silver
Jeremy_Kyle
CaledonianCraig
Henman Bill
yloponom68
The Special Juan
bogbrush
kingraf
HM Murdock
Johnyjeep
hawkeye
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is the greatest achievement at Masters level?

What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_lcap60%What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement? - Page 2 Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 5

What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement? - Page 2 Empty What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement?

Post by hawkeye Sun 10 Aug 2014, 5:47 am

First topic message reminder :

What is the greatest achievement at Masters Level? Winning the most titles or winning all the current titles. Nadal V ... well no one yet  boxing There is another record waiting to be broken. Winning all the Masters titles in a calender year  Cool If anyone manages to do that it should perhaps be given a special name.

It should be noted that both records are difficult to keep track of and be used as an historical comparison between players because even in a relatively short space of time tournaments delegated to be Masters have changed, five set finals have been abolished and rules about compulsory participation have been introduced.

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement?

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 14 Aug 2014, 9:12 pm

laverfan wrote:
Please be gentle with your dislikes, militancy is rarely laudable. I will remember to write an article on Nadal's B'day next year, perhaps if it achieves some semblance of balance in your eyes. rose

Why wait ? lets wish him in advance to make HE happy, lets do it

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RAFA, Happy Birthday to you, Happy Birthday in advance, Happy birthday to you.  clap 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Is The Greatest Masters Achievement?

Post by invisiblecoolers Thu 14 Aug 2014, 9:18 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's Andy's birthday first HE. Perhaps you could set a precedent for laverfan?

JHM now you are clearly crossing the limits, you asking HE to remind LF to celebrate Andy's birthday?  picard unless you mean Andy Roddick.

Expect a Long Summer in Canada
Expect a Tsunami in Sun
Expect Tiger Woods to Win a Wimbledon
Expect all 4 Roger Twins to sweep everything on Wimbledon in 2040

but please don't expect these kinda wishes of celebrating Andy's Birthday by HE. warning 

invisiblecoolers

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkeye Fri 15 Aug 2014, 2:40 am

lol. Since when have I been the one to assume tennis players check in here on their birthday to see birthday wishes. So far laverfan has only wished Federer a happy birthday and made a promise to do the same for Nadal. I'm not sure what criteria she uses for rationing her birthday wishes  Very Happy

hawkeye

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnyjeep Fri 15 Aug 2014, 4:49 am

hawkeye wrote:
laverfan wrote:@HE... you seem to have answered your own poll very authoritatively, by choosing the title of thread with the word 'greatest'. Greatestness (vis-a-vis Greatness) seems to lie in numbers.  Did any one mention this Greatestness?

Djokovic has worked very hard to be in sight of a unique achievement, which others may achieve in the future. I agree with BS, that Djokovic is a mere footnote in this thread, rather than at the center of it, which is a bit under the belt for him.

It does not matter if the player achieving a record is your favorite or not, but each one is a very laudable and unique one, whether it is the most Masters, or having one of each Masters.

He seems to be struggling at the moment, and it is questionable whether he will get the record or not, perhaps due to his family situation. I recall Nadal suffering through his parents' divorce.

Please be gentle with your dislikes, militancy is rarely laudable. I will remember to write an article on Nadal's B'day next year, perhaps if it achieves some semblance of balance in your eyes. rose

I think I made it clear that IMO the whole "golden" masters "slam" was a bit silly. I like Djokovic but he isn't given any favours by the media and the ATP who persist in hyping him up by creating "holy grails" as extra pressure. I also like Federer  king but he doesn't need me to point out how good he is... unlike his biggest rival  king who upsets many even when his name is mentioned. 

I will remember your promise to write an article next year to celebrate Nadal's Birthday. But until it happens it's difficult for me to imagine such a thing here on 606v2...

haha really? Has Nadal personally asked you to try and brain wash everyone with 'he is the best ever propaganda"?! I'm just curious as to why you think you need to point out to everyone how good Nadal is?

Let me save you some time and effort. We all know that Nadal is very very very very good! A true hall of famer.

Johnyjeep

Back to top Go down

Post by DirectView2 Fri 15 Aug 2014, 8:35 pm

hawkeye wrote:^ lol DirectView2! You should get together with Silver and Jeremy_Kyle and maybe a few others to discuss your interesting stats. Maybe if you all hold hands in a circle and repeat them over and over you will feel better  Very Happy

But rather than your silly idea how about you enter washroom and use your hands better shouting Rafaaaa Rafaaaa., you will feel a lot lot better than all the sticks in the forum.

DirectView2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2