The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2014/15 Official Chelsea FC "Attempt to win the title or if not just do the double over the top teams" Thread - Sponsored by Shanghai Tensel Flag Co.

+7
Crimey
Roller_Coaster
Mackem
NickisBHAFC
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
CFCNick
11 posters

Go down

2014/15 Official Chelsea FC "Attempt to win the title or if not just do the double over the top teams" Thread - Sponsored by Shanghai Tensel Flag Co. Empty 2014/15 Official Chelsea FC "Attempt to win the title or if not just do the double over the top teams" Thread - Sponsored by Shanghai Tensel Flag Co.

Post by CFCNick Mon 11 Aug 2014, 7:33 pm

So here we are...... 168 hours 27 minutes from the Blues kicking off the new campaign away at Burnley.

Costa and Fabregas have looked the worth the pennies paid out for them. Drog is back, and possibly crocked. Frank is wearing a different shade of blue. We robbed a Parisian bank and left Luiz behind, shame Torres ran like a T2 and caught the team bus otherwise it would've been the perfect preseason. We have a world class keeper to back up a world class keeper.

Probably the most confident I've been in August since 2005. Or even in 2002 when a cup run, reaching round two of the UEFA Cup and 5th was the dream.

We have 13 players out on loan with Marin set to make that 14. But you've never heard of 90% of them. You just like to quote the number.

I predict a league title and possibly one cup. At worst runners up in a few things and a cup win.

What say you?

Last edited by CFCNick on Mon 11 Aug 2014, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

CFCNick

http://pucksandpitchforks.com/

Back to top Go down

2014/15 Official Chelsea FC "Attempt to win the title or if not just do the double over the top teams" Thread - Sponsored by Shanghai Tensel Flag Co. Empty Re: 2014/15 Official Chelsea FC "Attempt to win the title or if not just do the double over the top teams" Thread - Sponsored by Shanghai Tensel Flag Co.

Post by Duty281 Mon 11 Aug 2014, 7:35 pm

Chelsea to win a Premier League and Champions League double this season.

Outside chance of landing victory in one of the domestic cups, but that will not be a priority for Mourinho.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

2014/15 Official Chelsea FC "Attempt to win the title or if not just do the double over the top teams" Thread - Sponsored by Shanghai Tensel Flag Co. Empty Re: 2014/15 Official Chelsea FC "Attempt to win the title or if not just do the double over the top teams" Thread - Sponsored by Shanghai Tensel Flag Co.

Post by Sam Mon 11 Aug 2014, 7:50 pm

Feeling really confident for the new season, made some good signings. Just sad to see Frank leave and go to another prem club (even though its just a loan...).

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 11 Aug 2014, 7:53 pm

If you're lucky, you might even get an atmosphere at Stamford bridge this season
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Mon 11 Aug 2014, 8:35 pm

Olly wrote:If you're lucky, you might even get an atmosphere at Stamford bridge this season

We don't need goal music at The Bridge...

They don't tend to get rowdy when little clubs visit.

Sam wrote:Feeling really confident for the new season, made some good signings. Just sad to see Frank leave and go to another prem club (even though its just a loan...).

I was there for his last goal. As crap as it was.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by NickisBHAFC Mon 11 Aug 2014, 10:40 pm

Olly wrote:If you're lucky, you might even get an atmosphere at Stamford bridge this season

Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

NickisBHAFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mackem Mon 11 Aug 2014, 11:26 pm

I think A runners up place in the league will be the best you do I'm afraid. I think you are still a striker light. Costa is a great signing but if he gets injured you only have Torres who has struggled since he went there and deign a who I think won't be anywhere near as good as he was last time (pardon my ignorance if you have more strikers).

Fabregas is a great signing. Your midfield is in my opinion the best in the league but will you score as many goals from midfield as you have in the past now frank has left?

Mackem

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 12 Aug 2014, 8:52 am

2nd (to Citeh)
CL q/f
FA Win
COC U21s to last 16

Jose storm out of press conferences - 2

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 12 Aug 2014, 6:00 pm

NickisBHAFC wrote:

Laugh  Laugh  Laugh  Laugh

Yawn.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Fri 15 Aug 2014, 7:58 pm

Official squad numbers for 25 man squad

1. Cech
2. Ivanovic
3. Filipe Luis
4. Fabregas (Homegrown)
5. Zouma (U21)
6. Ake (U21) - technically club trained homegrown but doesn't qualify for homegrown status
7. Ramires
8. Oscar
9. Torres
10. Hazard
11. Drogba
12. Mikel
13. Courtois
14. Schurrle
16. Van Ginkel
17. Salah
18. Moses (Homegrown)
19. Diego Costa
21. Matic
22. Willian
23. Schwarzer
24. Cahill (Homegrown)
26. Terry (Club trained homegrown)
28. Azpilicueta
31. Christensen (U21) - technically club trained homegrown but doesn't qualify for homegrown status

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 15 Aug 2014, 9:56 pm

Chelsea keep screwing over the fans by switching the numbers about! Drogba and Luis have both had numbers announced, only for them to be changed.

Surprising to see Zouma and Ake been given #5 and #6 which suggests they may play more of a role than expected. And Courtois being given #13 could give an indication of the goalkeeping plans.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 16 Aug 2014, 12:05 am

Drogba only had 15 in preseason. It was never announced. Luis had been 3 in every game.

Didi asked Oscar for 11. He was only 15 because he was 15 before Duff left. Although now Salah is 17 instead of 15. Zouma was 5 all preseason. Ake was quoted as 27.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 16 Aug 2014, 1:50 am

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/luis-and-zouma-squad-number-news.html

Just leave that here.

I know that Drogba was #15 for pre-season, but as Hazard changed his number before pre-season it does suggest that he was going to have that number especially as Salah changed his shirt number to accomodate it.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 16 Aug 2014, 10:09 am

It says Luis is number 3. He hasn't worn anything else in the pitch.

I suppose the Drogba and Oscar changes all hinged on Oscar deciding to change or maybe Oscar had to get the courage to ask Frank for the number.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 16 Aug 2014, 2:54 pm

Just heard Moses has been loaned to Stoke.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 16 Aug 2014, 2:59 pm

There is a change to the shirt number Filipe Luis will wear for the season ahead from the one announced at the time of his signing last week.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Sat 16 Aug 2014, 3:00 pm

But he never wore the original number. And I highly doubt people flocked out to buy their Luis shirts when we have Hazard, Costa, Schurrle, JT, etc. more popular.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 16 Aug 2014, 3:01 pm

CFCNick wrote:But he never wore the original number. And I highly doubt people flocked out to buy their Luis shirts when we have Hazard, Costa, Schurrle, JT, etc. more popular.

Relatively high profile signing to be fair. Just seems odd that their new signings wouldn't immediately be given the number they were going to be wearing all year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon 18 Aug 2014, 9:45 am

What was he previously wearing or meant to wear? I always thought it was 3.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:00 pm

Great performance from us last night, credit to Burnley and their fans for a class evening

Fabregas was immense, he is everything we needed in midfield and more. Costa looked settled already as well (so much for the naysayers...)

Would still like us to sign another defender though, a youngster who can play LB and CB would be ideal really.

Gregers

https://www.facebook.com/Gregers25

Back to top Go down

Post by Roller_Coaster Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:05 pm

Schurle's goal was superb, immense touch from Fabregas. Surprised you didn't motor on and get a couple more, but I guess credit to Burnley as well for that.

Roller_Coaster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:23 pm

Gregers wrote:Would still like us to sign another defender though, a youngster who can play LB and CB would be ideal really.

You've got Zouma, Christensen & Felipe Luis didn't even play last night.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:25 pm

And that description is Nathan Ake.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 19 Aug 2014, 2:48 pm

If anything we are missing a 3rd experienced centre back

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Tue 19 Aug 2014, 4:16 pm

Crimey wrote:And that description is Nathan Ake.

Ake is a CB who can play in midfield

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 19 Aug 2014, 4:33 pm

Gregers wrote:
Crimey wrote:And that description is Nathan Ake.

Ake is a CB who can play in midfield

He has and can play left back - in the pre-season games I watched he played left back a few times.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Tue 19 Aug 2014, 4:37 pm

The squad is packed out. We don't need anyone. Perhaps a young English goalie if Cech goes.

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 19 Aug 2014, 4:41 pm

CFCNick wrote:The squad is packed out. We don't need anyone. Perhaps a young English goalie if Cech goes.

I'm more than happy with the squad, the additional CB would just provide experienced cover for our first choice pairing. I would like to see some young players getting some game time this season. Even if it is only bringing them on when we are 2/3 - nil up.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Wed 27 Aug 2014, 2:37 pm

Good win for us at the weekend, first game of the season for me. First half was poor but second half we played with purpose. Hopefully we can go into the weekends game like that from the start.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Dx Dan. Wed 27 Aug 2014, 11:22 pm

Costa out for 6 weeks with torn hamstring. Can definitely see us getting Destro in now

Dx Dan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Gregers Fri 29 Aug 2014, 7:54 am

Apparently Costa's injury I'd better than thought, may play against Everton

Gregers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Sat 30 Aug 2014, 9:33 am

Well Torres has gone - two year loan deal to AC Milan so that's his contract up I think?

Apparently we are now within the foreign player quota so that's good, however if we want another (foreign) striker another foreign player will have to go I believe (fingers crossed it's Mikel!!) - please correct me if I am wrong!

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Mon 01 Sep 2014, 2:34 pm

Looks like Marco van Ginkel is off to AC Milan too - on loan.

What a game at the weekend, brilliant game to watch.

Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Mon 01 Sep 2014, 6:57 pm

Good move that for MvG. Gives him a chance to get some game time and recover his form and confidence after that horrific injury.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by CFCNick Wed 03 Sep 2014, 5:25 pm

THE PREMIER LEAGUE SQUAD NUMBER LIST IS:

1.            Petr Cech
2.            Branislav Ivanovic
3.            Filipe Luis
4.            Cesc Fabregas
7.            Ramires
8.            Oscar
10.          Eden Hazard
11.          Didier Drogba
12.          John Mikel Obi
13.          Thibaut Courtois
14.          Andre Schurrle
17.          Mohamed Salah
18.          Loic Remy,        
19.          Diego Costa
21.          Nemanja Matic
22.          Willian
23.          Mark Schwarzer
24.          Gary Cahill
26.          John Terry
28.          Cesar Azpilicueta

Under-21 Players

5.            Kurt Zouma      
6.            Nathan Ake
31.          Andreas Christensen
32.          Jeremie Boga
33.          Mitchell Beeney
34.          Lewis Baker

UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE SQUAD NUMBER LIST:

1.            Petr Cech
2.            Branislav Ivanovic
3.            Filipe Luis
4.            Cesc Fabregas
5.            Kurt Zouma
7.            Ramires
8.            Oscar
10.          Eden Hazard
11.          Didier Drogba
12.          John Mikel Obi
13.          Thibaut Courtois
14.          Andre Schurrle
17.          Mohamed Salah
18.          Loic Remy
19.          Diego Costa
21.          Nemanja Matic
22.          Willian
24.          Gary Cahill
26.          John Terry
28.          Cesar Azpilicueta

B List

6.        Nathan Ake
31.     Andreas Christensen
32.     Jeremie Boga
33.     Mitchell Beeney
34.     Lewis Baker

CFCNick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down