The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manny finally has a dig at Floyd, maybe signs do point to a fight next year!

+6
catchweight
TopHat24/7
AlexHuckerby
ONETWOFOREVER
wheelchair1991
AdamT
10 posters

Go down

Manny finally has a dig at Floyd, maybe signs do point to a fight next year! Empty Manny finally has a dig at Floyd, maybe signs do point to a fight next year!

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Sep 2014, 9:08 am

Late last week, boxing promoter Bob Arum revealed that the world might finally get the Floyd Mayweather/Manny Pacquiao fight that they've been waiting for for years now. So during a recent interview, Pacquiao was asked (for the millionth time!) about why the fight still hasn't happened, despite the public demand for it. And he gave an answer that probably won't sit well with Mayweather.

"[He isn't scared] of fighting," Pacquiao said, "but perhaps of what one night could do to his zero losses. I think I finally understand him…what he says…how he acts…and I don't like it. But what I learned and heard from him, well, I realize why he is like that. I understand sometimes when the people are not educated, they just talk to talk. He sets a very bad example."

"Not educated"? Yikes. After everything that Mayweather has been through over the last week or so, that's a sore subject right now. So you can probably expect a response from Mayweather in 5, 4, 3…

Our only question is: Will these comments actually lead to a fight between the two at some point—or is this just another Floyd/Manny moment that will ultimately fade into the background and lead to nothing?

[via The Star Ledger]

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Manny finally has a dig at Floyd, maybe signs do point to a fight next year! Empty Re: Manny finally has a dig at Floyd, maybe signs do point to a fight next year!

Post by wheelchair1991 Wed 03 Sep 2014, 9:13 am

Totally and utterly bored of this now

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Manny finally has a dig at Floyd, maybe signs do point to a fight next year! Empty Re: Manny finally has a dig at Floyd, maybe signs do point to a fight next year!

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Sep 2014, 9:17 am

wheelchair1991 wrote:Totally and utterly bored of this now

Me too but I have a feeling they will finally fight next year. It should have happened years ago but better late than never. If Mayweather struggles to hit 1million+ on his next pay per view, I fully expect showtime to put major pressure on him to fight Pacquiao.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWOFOREVER Wed 03 Sep 2014, 9:32 am

Expect it to be Floyd's 50th fight.

And I don't feel sorry for Floyd when people dis him for his lack of intelligence. He was born and bred in the richest most prosperous nation on the planet. Education is free for him he can study and improve himself. Instead he would rather post pics of his many watches and new Buggati.

I can understand Pac's dismay at Floyd's manner and education. Manny was born and bred into poverty where chances at life are few and far between and unlike Floyd Manny had to fight to support his family. Yet here he is today speaking 2 languages, and entering the political arena to make a positive impact for his people NOT bragging about how much bread he makes like a child.

Floyd's a great fighter but as a man he is dumb as sh*t.

ONETWOFOREVER

Back to top Go down

Post by AlexHuckerby Wed 03 Sep 2014, 10:49 am

Who... Cares?

Can barely care unless the fight is signed to be honest.

AlexHuckerby

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Sep 2014, 10:56 am

The fight will get signed. I was pessimistic as well but the only real stumbling block was Floyd making easy money against lesser opponents. He is all about the money and he also knows in his heart a lot of people will ridicule him and his achievements for years to come if he doesn't face Pacquiao.

Declining ppv numbers are the only thing that will get this fight made. Even if Floyd does a million with Maidana, who else will he generate massive amounts with? Cotto and Canelo are possibly the only others and they are more than likely going to face each other first.

Floyd will not get huge numbers with Khan or Thurman, ect, unless he beats Manny first.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by TopHat24/7 Wed 03 Sep 2014, 11:06 am

Haven't cared in almost 5 years.....

Floyd was 55:45 favourite in my eyes back in 08/09, now's he's 75:25. Both have definitely lost a step in their old age but that affects Manny more as his brilliance wasn't based around ringcraft like Floyd's.

TopHat24/7

Back to top Go down

Post by catchweight Wed 03 Sep 2014, 11:20 am

They usually start mentioning each other when one of their fights needs a bit of attention. Pacquiao is facing off against Algieri. A low key fight that there isnt much fuss about. Mentioning Mayweather could be next is cheap publicity and vice versa. Pacquiao is still probably too risky for Mayweather liking. If he looks past it against Algieri and is only fighting because he owes millions in taxes then Mayweather might pounce.

catchweight

Back to top Go down

Post by RanjitPatel Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:08 pm

I've read today that Mayweather would only take the fight if Pacquaio signs with Mayweather promotions for the fight.
That's not happening in my eyes.

RanjitPatel

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:14 pm

AdamT wrote:The fight will get signed. I was pessimistic as well but the only real stumbling block was Floyd making easy money against lesser opponents.
No it wasn't.

Lost your memory?

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:16 pm

Scottrf wrote:
AdamT wrote:The fight will get signed. I was pessimistic as well but the only real stumbling block was Floyd making easy money against lesser opponents.
No it wasn't.

Lost your memory?

Ok, the first time was random blood testing but do you seriously think they would of avoided each other if they weren't making millions facing other fighters?

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Scottrf Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:20 pm

They still are making millions, and this fight is less lucrative than it would have been.

Regardless of whether it's the best fight for their bank balances there are a number of issues which haven't been addressed (not just blood testing).

Scottrf

Back to top Go down

Post by AdamT Wed 03 Sep 2014, 2:23 pm

Scottrf wrote:They still are making millions, and this fight is less lucrative than it would have been.

Regardless of whether it's the best fight for their bank balances there are a number of issues which haven't been addressed (not just blood testing).

I see your point but if the networks finally put the foot down then maybe it can happen. Anyway as mentioned by somebody above, the fight is not nearly as big now as it would of been a few years back.

AdamT

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 03 Sep 2014, 7:52 pm

They should have fought years ago, but for whatever reasons (depending on which camp you were/are in) it was never made. Now that each has their best years behind them they're (quite obviously) looking for a large final payday. I don't really care who wins anymore...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by kingraf Wed 03 Sep 2014, 8:24 pm

Let's be honest... Manny only made these comments because he knows Floyd won't be reading them.
kingraf
kingraf
raf
raf

Location : To you I am there. To me I am here.... is it possible that I'm everywhere?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down